About the JL Audio M-Series M2250
Built for performance on the water
Built for performance on the water
JL Audio M-Series marine amplifiers combine legendary high-end technology and rugged construction, so you can enjoy world-class sound that'll keep playing strong in the demanding marine environment.
JL Audio tests their M-Series amplifier designs in the most extreme conditions to ensure reliable performance. Powder-coated aluminum panels and heatsinks, along with stainless steel connectors and screws, ensure flawless performance in humid and corrosive conditions. Each amplifier features an advanced protection system that doesn't shut your amp down when the going gets tough. Instead, it rolls back peak voltage demands to protect the amp, while continuing to play your music at a safe power level.
Powerful sound and precise control
The M2250 2-channel amplifier puts out 80 watts RMS per channel, and JL Audio's patented Class-AB amp circuitry delivers exceptional, natural sound with extremely low distortion. "Differential-balanced inputs" isolate the signal's ground from the chassis ground, reducing noise and making this amp compatible with almost any system. A tunable low-pass filter and a bass boost give you precise control over your sound. The optional RBC-1 remote lets you dial in your bass from the comfort of the cockpit.
- 2-channel marine amplifier
- 80 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (125 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms) at 14.4 volts
- 60 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (90 watts RMS at 2 ohms) at 12.5 volts
- 250 watts RMS x 1 at 14.4 volts (180 watts RMS x 1 at 12.5 volts) at 4 ohms
- differential-balanced inputs
- Advanced Rollback Protection System
- variable high- and low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- switchable bass boost (0, 6 dB at 48 Hz)
- optional wired remote bass boost
- Absolute Symmetry Class-AB amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- preamp-level inputs
- speaker-level input with optional converter
- preamp outputs
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 25-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 25-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 9-13/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 9-1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 98095
What's in the box:
JL Audio M-Series M2250 owner's manual
- 2-Channel full-range marine amplifier
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the JL Audio M-Series M2250
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||80 x 2|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||104 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||125 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||250 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|Bass Boost||0 or 6 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||48 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||In-line 25 amp (not included)|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Rated: The JL Audio Marine Amplifiers (M-Series) take the basic design of the JL Audio G-Series car audio amplifiers and adapt them for use on the water in your boat or vessel. The JL Audio Marine-rated amplifiers are constructed from UV-resistant materials with corrosion-resistant hardware.
Two-Channel Full-Range Amplifier: The JL Audio M2250 is a class AB full-range amplifier that is rated at 80 Watts RMS x 2-channel in 4 ohm at 20 to 20,000Hz with a signal-to-noise-ratio of 104 dB and a total harmonic distortion of 1% while receiving 14.4 Volts or 60 Watts RMS x 2-channel in 4 ohm with a total harmonic distortion of 1% while receiving 12.5 Volts. The amplifier can be bridged to output 250 Watts RMS x 1-channel in 4-ohm at 14.4 Volts or 180 Watts RMS x 1-channel in 4-ohm at 12.5 Volts.
Absolute Symmetry A/B Circuitry: The JL Audio full-range amplifier benefits from a patented technology called Absolute Symmetry to deliver amazing fidelity with extremely low distortion over a wide range of load impedances. The JL Audio amplifier features a revolutionary Class A/B circuit that employs identical N-Channel MOSFET transistors for push and pull with true buffering from the load impedance. This is accomplished via a patented circuit that reverses the operation of one of the transistors in each pair to achieve absolute power symmetry and extremely low distortion over a wide range of load impedances.
Differential-Balance Inputs: The JL Audio amplifier features differential-balanced input architecture to effectively control noise and ensure compatibility with a wide variety of source units, including many OEM systems. Without resorting to line output converters, you can directly connect most OEM source units to the JL Audio amplifier without creating any noise or compatibility issues. Unlike conventional single-ended inputs, the differential-balanced design does not connect one side of the audio signal to chassis ground. This eliminates any voltage sensitivity between one input terminal and ground and greatly reduces the incidence of alternator whine in a typical car audio installation. The M2250 amplifier provides range switching on each of its inputs via the "Input Voltage" switch. This permits connection to a wide range of source voltages while retaining excellent sensitivity setting precision.
Note: You will need a speaker wire to RCA adaptor (136CLR2SW, sold separately) to connect this amplifier to your headunit via speaker-level.
Preamp Outputs: The M-Series amplifier features one pair of preamp outputs that make connecting multiple amplifiers simple. The preamp pass-through outputs are configured in parallel with the amp inputs. The signal present at these outputs is identical to the signal at the amp inputs and is unaffected by any on-board processing.
Advanced Rollback Protection: Should an M-Series amplifier ever overheat, its intelligent, unregulated power supply reacts by limiting available peak voltage until the amplifier returns to a safe temperature range. Likewise, if an impedance lower than optimal for the amplifier is present at the outputs, the M-Series amplifier will roll back peak voltage to protect itself without shutting down.
Note: There is only one condition that will shut down the M-Series amplifier completely and that is if the battery voltage of your vehicle drops below 10 volts.
Protection Circuitry With Status Indicator Lights: There are two status indicator lights on the right side of the amplifier.
- Power (Green): This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Protect (Red): The Protection LED lights Red to indicate the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated to prevent product failure due to a short-circuit or a dangerously low impedance connected to the amplifier's outputs.
Simplified Gain Setting: The M-Series amplifier makes setting the gain level of the amp via the input sensitivity control very simple. All you need is Digital AC Voltmeter (142TK12V, sold separately) and a Test CD Disc (503CD104, sold separately) with a sine-wave test-tone recorded at 0 dB reference level in the frequency range to be amplified for that set of channels (50 Hz for subwoofer channels, 1 kHz for a midrange application).
Active Crossover: The active crossover sections of the G-Series amplifier offer excellent flexibility and precise tuning. The M2250 features the following crossover adjustments.
- Filter Mode: You can select a 12 dB/octave High Pass, 12 dB/octave Low Pass or Full-Range filter mode for the amplifier.
- Filter Frequency: The filter frequency for the High Pass or Low Pass crossover can be set from 50 to 200 Hz.
Bass Controls: The bass boost circuit of the M-Series amplifier offers the following controls.
- Bass Boost: The amplifier is equipped with a fixed +6dB, 48 Hz Bass Boost.
- Remote Bass Port: The amplifier is equipped with a connection for a wired Remote Bass Control (136RBC1, sold separately) that allows fully variable boost control (0-12dB) from the front of your vehicle.
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 8 to 4 AWG power wire.
- Remote Turn-On: The M-Series amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 12 AWG wire.
- Speaker Outputs: The M2250 amplifier's set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire.
Note: The amplifier is not equipped with an onboard fuse. A 25-amp inline AFS or MaxiFuse is recommended when installing the amplifier's power wire.
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Preamp Inputs: The amplifier features one set of differential-balanced RCA jack inputs. The amplifier's input level can be set to Low (200mV-2V RMS) when connecting the amplifier to a low-level preamp signal or set to High (800mV-8V RMS) when connecting the amplifier to a high-level speaker signal.
- Preamp Outputs: The amplifier also features one set of pass-through preamp outputs so you can send an unaltered audio signal to another amplifier in your system.
- Remote Bass Port: The amplifier is equipped with a connection for a wired Remote Bass Control (136RBC1, sold separately).