About the JL Audio CP112G-W1v2
JL Audio's PowerWedge enclosed subwoofer systems deliver thunderous bass without needing a lot of power. Each enclosure is designed from the ground up to get optimum performance from its drivers, so you get much more than just a box with a speaker inside.
JL Audio uses state-of-the-art automated woodworking equipment to fabricate high-quality MDF enclosures with rugged automotive carpeting, steel-mesh grilles, 5-way binding posts, and solid internal wiring. The enclosures are finished and inspected by hand at the manufacturing facility in Florida to ensure that you get the bass that you expect from JL Audio.
The CP112G-W1v2 Ported PowerWedge handles up to 300 watts RMS, housing one 12" W1v2 subwoofer that pounds out tremendous low end. The flared slot-port design maximizes efficiency for exceptional output, while minimizing turbulence for low distortion. You'll enjoy thick low-frequency response from all of your music with this capable enclosure in your trunk or cargo area.
- ported hatchback-style enclosure with one 12" W1v2 subwoofer
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with gray carpet
- steel-mesh grille
- 4-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 50-300 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 22-200 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- 28-1/8"W x 14-7/8"H x 15-7/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93191
What's in the box:
- Ported hatchback enclosure wtih a single 4-ohm 12" woofer
- Warranty Information sheet
JL Audio CP112G-W1v2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio CP112G-W1v2
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Speakers Per Box||---|
|Woofer Material||Metallic IMPP|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||15-7/8|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Frequency Response||22-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||300|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: This JL Audio PowerWedge subwoofer enclosure is designed around JL Audio's W1v2 subwoofers, delivering tight, powerful bass. The PowerWedge enclosure is properly sized and tuned to the optimum ported alignment for the mounted 12" JL Audio W1v2 woofer and wired for a 4-ohm load.
PowerWedge Enclosure: The PowerWedge enclosure features solid V-groove MDF construction with internal bracing to ensure structural integrity. The PowerWedge enclosure features a Flared Slot-Port Design. The ported enclosure employs oversized slot-ports with flared exits to minimize turbulence and improve linearity at higher power levels. The W1v2 PowerWedge enclosure is finished in high-grade automotive gray carpet and features a steel-mesh grille to protect the loaded JL Audio W1v2 woofer. The JL Audio PowerWedge enclosure features a pair of gold-plated 5-way binding posts on the left side of the box. The enclosure is wired to provide a 4-ohm load at its speaker terminals.
12" W1v2 Woofer: The JL Audio PowerWedge subwoofer enclosure features a single mounted, front-firing 4-ohm 12" JL Audio W1v2-series woofer:
- Woofer Material: JL Audio W1v2 subwoofer features an injection-molded, metallic-finish polypropylene cone woofer with an embossed metallic JL Audio logo with a butyl rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radius feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap: The W1v2's utilize a dust cap that is not just glued, but also interlocks with features molded into the cone body for a tight snap-fit. This creates a more rigid cone assembly and a more reliable dust cap attachment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v2 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles; and coil to spider perpendicularity.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.