About the JL Audio PWM112-WJX
JL Audio's PowerWedge MAX powered subwoofers give you almost everything you need for impactful bass thump in your ride. Engineers at JL Audio expertly match this sub, box, and amp for top-notch sound quality, then craftsmen at their Florida plant assemble them by hand to exacting standards.
A steadfast 12" sub
The PowerWedge MAX PWM112-WJX features a hard-hitting 12" WX subwoofer with a rigid polypropylene cone that can push plenty of air for prolific bass output. Dependable foam surrounds hold the woofer in place and resist cracking or separating. Extensive venting helps prevent thermal breakdown in the voice coil, so you'll get lasting, consistent performance.
175 watts RMS and an expertly crafted enclosure
Built from industrial-grade 5/8" medium density fiberboard and covered by thick gray carpeting, this sealed enclosure promotes punchy, tight-sounding bass. Mounted on the back of the enclosure, the JX 250/1 mono amplifier features an advanced heat sink to keep the amp cool for strong, stable output. This amp sends 175 watts RMS to the sub for optimal bass power. An optional wired remote lets you control the bass levels from the comfort of your front seat.
- powered 12" subwoofer enclosure
- 12" 4-ohm WJX subwoofer with polypropylene cone and foam surround
- mono Class AB amplifier (175 watts RMS at 4 ohms)
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard sealed enclosure with carpet covering
- optional wired remote level control
- frequency response: 22-250 Hz
- variable low-pass crossover (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- assembled in the U.S.A.
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and an 30-amp fuse recommended &mdash wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 30-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 23-15/16"W x 14-7/16"H x 14-1/8"D1 x 8-7/8"D2
- warranty: 2 years (limited)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93246
What's in the box:
- Subwoofer enclosure with loaded 12" woofer (12WX-4) and mounted amplifier (JX250/1)
- 10" speaker-level harness
- 4 Mounting screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Owner's Manual
- Limited Warranty
JL Audio PWM112-WJX reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio PWM112-WJX
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||175 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Overview: JL Audio PowerWedge Max subwoofer system combines JL Audio's rugged, great-sounding JL Audio WX subwoofer with a precisely engineered, USA-built enclosure/amp-rack, and a perfectly matched JL Audio JX series amplifier.
Acoustic Suspension Enclosure: The JL Audio PowerWedge Max subwoofer system utilizes a sealed enclosure for tight, accurate, deep bass.
Quality Construction: The subwoofer enclosure features durable, American-made automotive-grade carpeting and premium JL Audio speaker wiring.
Amp Rack: The JX series amplifier is mounted to the rear of the PowerWedge Max enclosure behind a great-looking, CNC-machined amplifier shroud with a durable black textured finish.
Note: The amplifier shroud must be removed to access the amplifier's connections and controls.
Enclosure Application: This compact enclosure is ideal for a variety of vehicle sizes and feature an angled back panel to allow the subwoofer to fire toward the back of the vehicle with minimal loss of trunk or hatch space.
WX Series: The JL Audio WX woofer is designed with a long excursion, DMA-optimized motor system, supported by JL Audio's patented Elevated Frame Cooling and a highly linear suspension. This means it delivers lots of low-distortion, high-quality bass with all types of music.
Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the WX series woofer's motor remains linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintains a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the WX series subwoofer delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
Rear Gasket: The woofer has an integrated foam rear gasket which provides an optimal seal when installing into the enclosure.
Long Excursion: The 12WX-4 subwoofer has 9.5mm of linear excursion, giving you louder bass with less distortion.
Pre-Mounted: The JL Audio 12WX-4 subwoofer comes already mounted in the JL Audio PowerWedge Max enclosure.
Monoblock Class A/B Amplifier: The JL Audio JX250/1 is a class A/B monoblock subwoofer amplifier that has been optimized for low-frequency (10-200 Hz) amplification of connected subwoofer.
Note: The JX250/1 is not designed for driving full-range speakers, midrange drivers, or tweeters.
MOSFET Switching Power Supply: The JL Audio JX series monoblock amplifier employs a rugged MOSFET power supply for outstanding reliability and operational stability.
|JX250/1 Amplifier Specifications||Ohms||Watts||Channels||Frequency Response||Signal-to-Noise||THD|
|Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4V||4||175||1||20-200 Hz||87 dB||1%|
|Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5V||4||130||1||20-200 Hz||87 dB||1%|
High-Mass Heat Sink: A heavy extruded aluminum heat sink is designed to keep the JL Audio JX series amplifier in a comfortable thermal range during demanding operation. This high-mass, extruded heat sink removes heat from the amplifier circuitry, extending high-power operation. This improves reliability and reduces the frequency of thermally related shut-down event.
Protection Circuitry: The JX250/1's protection circuitry automatically shuts the amplifier down if thermal limits are exceeded, a short-circuit is detected in the speaker wiring, or if low supply voltage limits are reached.
Status Indicator Lights: There are two status indicator lights on the right side of the amplifier.
- Power (Green): This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Protect (Red): The Protection LED lights Red to indicate the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated to prevent product failure due to thermal overload, a short-circuit, or a dangerously low impedance connected to the amplifier's outputs.
Controls: The JL Audio JX250/1 amplifier provides the following audio controls.
- Input Sensitivity: The Input Sensitivity Control is
used to match your source unit's output voltage to the input stage of the
amplifier for maximum clean output.
- Low-Level Input Range: 200mV-4V (RMS)
- High-Level Input Range: 2V-10V (RMS)
- Low Pass Crossover: The JL Audio JX250/1 monoblock amplifier is equipped with a 12dB/octave Butterworth low-pass filter with variable frequency selection from 50 to 200Hz.
- Bass Boost: The amplifier is equipped with a variable 0 to +12dB, 45Hz Bass Boost.
- Remote Level Control: The JX250/1 is equipped with a RJ-11 connection for an optional wired Remote Level Control ( 136RBC1, sold separately) that allows volume level adjustment of the amplifier from the front of your vehicle.
Connections: The JL Audio JX250/1 amplifier provides the following connections.
- Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The monoblock amplifier
features set-screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on
- Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 8 to 4 AWG power wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
- Remote Turn-On: The JL Audio JX series amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 8 AWG wire. The same 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connection.
- Speaker Output Terminals: The JL Audio JX250/1 features four set-screw speaker terminals for an easy parallel subwoofer connection. The monoblock amplifier's four set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections. The amplifier's speaker terminals are wired to the loaded woofer from the factory.
- Preamp Inputs: The monoblock amplifier features one set of stereo RCA input jacks. The amplifier features a dedicated Input Sensitivity gain control for these inputs. These controls are designed to match the input sensitivity of the JX250/1 to the specific signal source that is feeding it. The amplifier's low-level input can be set between 200mV-4V RMS.
- Speaker Level Inputs: The JL Audio JX250/1 also accepts speaker level signals, including those from factory systems (without the need for a line-output converter), via the supplied 10" speaker-level harness. The amplifier's high-level input can be set between 2V-10V RMS.
- Preamp Outputs: The JX250/1 incorporates a pass-through preamp output section, so that additional amplifiers can easily be connected to the same signal(s) feeding the monoblock amplifier. These preamp output signals are buffered to prevent noise and are always preamp level, regardless of the level of signals feeding the amplifier's inputs.
Note: The amplifier shroud must be removed to access the amplifier's connections and controls.
Fuse: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 30-amp AFS, AGU, or MAXI fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 30-amps, the original should be replaced with a 30-amp fuse.
Pre-Mounted: The JL Audio JX250/1 amplifier comes already mounted to the back-panel of the enclosure and wired to the pre-loaded subwoofer.