About the JL Audio CS110RG-W3v3
Optimum performance that won't quit
Optimum performance that won't quit
JL Audio's PowerWedge enclosed subwoofer systems deliver thunderous bass without needing a lot of power. Each enclosure is designed from the ground up to get optimum performance from its drivers, so you get much more than just a box with a speaker inside.
Finished by hand for superior construction and sound
JL Audio uses state-of-the-art automated woodworking equipment to fabricate high-quality MDF enclosures with rugged automotive carpeting, steel-mesh grilles, 5-way binding posts, and solid internal wiring. The enclosures are finished and inspected by hand at the manufacturing facility in Florida to ensure that you get the bass that you expect from JL Audio.
Accurate bass firepower
The CS110RG-W3v3 Sealed PowerWedge handles up to 500 watts RMS, housing one 10" W3v3 subwoofer that pounds out tremendous low end. The airtight sealed design allows the sub to deliver powerful, accurate bass without hogging up all your storage space. You'll enjoy thick low-frequency response from all of your music with this capable enclosure in your trunk or cargo area.
- sealed enclosure with one 10" W3v3 subwoofer
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with gray carpet
- steel-mesh grille
- 2-ohm impedance
- power handling: 100-500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 25-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- 18-3/4"W x 12-1/4"H x 10-3/16"D1 x 5-7/8"D2
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93195
What's in the box:
- Sealed hatcback enclosure with a mounted 2-ohm 10" W3v3 woofer
- Warranty Information sheet
JL Audio CS110RG-W3v3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio CS110RG-W3v3
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Speakers Per Box||---|
|Woofer Material||Mineral-fill poly|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Frequency Response||25-250 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||500|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: This JL Audio PowerWedge subwoofer enclosure is designed around JL Audio's W3v3 subwoofer, delivering tight, powerful bass with enhanced power handling capabilities. The PowerWedge enclosure is properly sized and tuned for the mounted 10" JL Audio W3v3-2 2-ohm woofer.
PowerWedge Enclosure: The PowerWedge enclosure features solid V-groove MDF construction with internal bracing to ensure structural integrity. The subwoofer enclosure features an angled back design to help save space in the cargo area of your vehicle. The W3v3 PowerWedge enclosure is finished in high-grade automotive gray carpet and features a steel-mesh grille to protect the loaded JL Audio W3v3-2 woofer. The JL Audio PowerWedge enclosure features a pair of gold-plated 5-way binding posts on the left side of the box. The JL Audio subwoofer enclosure has a installation depth of 11.25".
10" W3v3 Woofer: The JL Audio PowerWedge subwoofer enclosure features a mounted, front-firing 2-ohm 10" JL Audio W3v3-series woofer:
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W3v3 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC): The Vented Reinforcement Collar is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weaknesses. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. the VRC also feature slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings to reduce thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Spider/Lead Wire Assembly: The W3v3 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. The spider is insert-molded into a composite carrier tray which also incorporates the terminal assembly and lead wire strain relief features for enhanced reliability and optimal alignment of parts. The flying lead wires are carefully controlled and strain-relieved without resorting to woven-in lead wires, which can degrade spider performance.
- Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the W3v3 delivers high-velocity air flow through slots directly above the top plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radiused feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
1 question already asked