About the JL Audio CS210RG-W1v2-2
JL Audio's PowerWedge enclosed subwoofer systems deliver thunderous bass without needing a lot of power. Each enclosure is designed from the ground up to get optimum performance from its drivers, so you get much more than just a box with a speaker inside.
JL Audio uses state-of-the-art automated woodworking equipment to fabricate high-quality MDF enclosures with rugged automotive carpeting, steel-mesh grilles, 5-way binding posts, and solid internal wiring. The enclosures are finished and inspected by hand at the manufacturing facility in Florida to ensure that you get the bass that you expect from JL Audio.
The CS210RG-W1v2-2 Sealed PowerWedge handles up to 600 watts RMS, housing a pair of high-performance 10" W1v2 subwoofers that pound out righteous low end. Each sub sits in its own individual chamber, while the enclosure offers a single wiring terminal. The airtight sealed design allows the subs to deliver stop-on-a-dime bass without hogging up all your storage space. You'll hear more punch and impact from all of your music with this capable enclosure in your trunk or cargo area.
- sealed hatchback-style enclosure with two 10" W1v2 subwoofers
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with gray carpet
- steel-mesh grilles
- 2-ohm overall impedance
- power handling: 100-600 watts RMS (1,200 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 25-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- 30-1/4"W x 13-3/4"H x 11-1/8"D1 x 6-1/2"D2
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 93173
What's in the box:
- Sealed hatchback enclosure wtih dual 4-ohm 10" woofers
- Warranty Information sheet
JL Audio CS210RG-W1v2-2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio CS210RG-W1v2-2
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10 x 2|
|Speakers Per Box||---|
|Woofer Material||Metalic IMMP|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Frequency Response||25-250 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||600|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: This JL Audio PowerWedge subwoofer enclosure is designed around JL Audio's W1v2 subwoofers, delivering tight, powerful bass. The PowerWedge enclosure is properly sized and tuned for the mounted dual 10" JL Audio W1v2 woofers and wired for a 2-ohm load.
PowerWedge Enclosure: The PowerWedge enclosure features solid V-groove MDF construction with internal bracing to ensure structural integrity. The subwoofer enclosure features an angled back design to help save space in the cargo area of your vehicle. The W1v2 PowerWedge enclosure is finished in high-grade automotive gray carpet and features two steel-mesh grilles to protect the two loaded JL Audio W1v2 woofers. The JL Audio PowerWedge enclosure features a pair of gold-plated 5-way binding posts on the left side of the box. The 4-ohm woofers are wired in parallel inside the box to provide a 2-ohm load at its speaker terminals. The JL Audio subwoofer enclosure has a installation depth of 12.375".
10" W1v2 Woofers: The JL Audio PowerWedge subwoofer enclosure features two mounted, front-firing 4-ohm 10" JL Audio W1v2-series woofers wired in parallel for a 2-ohm impedance load at the enclosure's speaker terminals:
- Woofer Material: JL Audio W1v2 subwoofer features an injection-molded, metallic-finish polypropylene cone woofer with an embossed metallic JL Audio logo with a butyl rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion and bass response.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radius feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap: The W1v2's utilize a dust cap that is not just glued, but also interlocks with features molded into the cone body for a tight snap-fit. This creates a more rigid cone assembly and a more reliable dust cap attachment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability. By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes. The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability.
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v2 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles; and coil to spider perpendicularity.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.