About the JL Audio ZR100-CT
Crisp, clean sound
Crisp, clean sound
JL Audio's ZR100-CT high-performance 1" aluminum dome tweeters bring out the subtle details in your music so you get a clear sonic picture of all the instruments in the stereo mix. You'll enjoy the extended high-frequency response offered by an aluminum dome, while special-design butyl rubber surrounds eliminate the shrillness that can plague lesser metal tweeters.
The crisp-sounding ZR100-CT tweeters feature strong neodymium magnets, ferrofluid-cooled for reliable performance. JL Audio's ratcheting swivel rotation (RSR) system allows you to aim these tweeters for the best possible stereo image in your vehicle.
Note: These tweeters must be used with the supplied in-line high-pass filters, or an appropriate external crossover. Failure to do so could lead to damage to the tweeters not covered under the warranty.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install these tweeters in the factory locations.
Priced per pair
- 1" ferrofluid cooled aluminum domes
- flush- and surface-mount hardware included
- in-line high-pass filters included (6 dB/octave)
- power handling: 2-50 watts RMS (125 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 4,000-25,000 Hz
- impedance: 4 ohms
- sensitivity: 89 dB (92 dB at 2.83V)
- flush-mount depth: 9/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 91124
What's in the box:
- 2 Tweeters installed in enhanced flush-mount fixtures (with attached 6" speaker wires terminated by female quick-slide connectors)
- 2 External crossovers with attached 11" positive and negative speaker leads terminated by male quick-slide connectors on one end and attached 46" positive and negative speaker leads terminated by bare-tinned wire on other end
- 2 Tweeter compact flush-mount fixtures
- 2 Tweeter angled surface-mount fixtures
- 2 Metal spring clips for tweeter fixtures
- Two 1-1/4" pan-head machine screws
- Four 1" flat-head self-tapping screws
- 4 Crimp-on 2.8mm male quick slides
JL Audio ZR100-CT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio ZR100-CT
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||90.5|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||4000 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||25|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||175|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||225|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||0 5/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||1 3/4|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.48|
Aluminum Dome: The ZR component system tweeters utilize a 1" ultra-light aluminum dome, delicately suspended with a synthetic rubber, positive-roll surround to damp fatiguing ringing and preserve high-frequency definition. A Nomex voice coil former is used to further reduce mass.
Neodymium Magnets: The high-energy neodymium wafer magnet and machined field structures provide a dynamically stable field for the low-mass voice coil.
Performance: Each pair of ZR tweeters is tested and matched to within 1 dB of JL Audio's reference curve to ensure optimum system performance.
High Pass Crossover: The JL Audio external high pass crossover networks (12 dB/octave) offer high-end filter components such as precisely wound air-core inductors and high-quality, low-tolerance capacitors. Tweeter protection is also incorporated into the crossover networks. The crossovers measure 0.895" in diameter and 3.285" in length.
Mounting Options: A very shallow flush-mount system makes it easy to integrate the ZR tweeter into many vehicle interiors. Two additional mounting fixtures are also included for each tweeter. The tweeters come mounted in enhanced flush mount fixtures with silver trim and a JL Audio badge. The system also comes with compact flush-mount fixtures and angled, surface-mount fixtures. The mounting dimensions for each mounting option are as follows:
|Mounting Fixture||Mounting Depth||Mounting Height||Frame Diameter||Cutout Diameter|
|Enhanced Flush Mount||0.566" |
(1.5" screw depth)
|Compact Flush Mount||0.454" |
(1.5" screw depth)
|Angled Surface Mount||N/A |
(7/8" screw depth)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked