About the JL Audio ZR650-Csi
The best way to listen
The best way to listen
JL Audio's Evolution™ ZR series component speakers will make your music sound its very best, whether you like rap, rock, reggae, or classical. JL Audio obsessed over every little detail of their ZR series components, so these speakers will reproduce the most complex musical passages with lifelike accuracy, even in the unforgiving mobile environment.
The ZR650-CSi component system starts with 6-3/4" component woofers that use the same bass-enhancing technologies found in JL Audio's subwoofers. You'll enjoy consistent sound reproduction, along with impressive low-frequency depth and dynamic range. High-performance 1" aluminum dome tweeters bring out the subtle details in your music so you get a clear sonic picture of all the instruments in the stereo mix. Special design butyl rubber surrounds eliminate the ringing that can plague lower-quality aluminum tweeters.
JL Audio built the ZR Series crossovers using only the finest electronic components. These precision networks feature 5-level tweeter and 4-level midrange presence settings so you can achieve 20 different tunings to perfectly match your vehicle's acoustics and your tastes.
Note: JL Audio describes this model as a 6-1/2" speaker. Most manufacturers designate this same frame size as a 6-3/4" speaker. For simplicity's sake we list it as a 6-3/4" speaker.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
Priced per pair
- component speaker system includes two 6-3/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, two external crossovers, and two woofer grilles
- mineral-filled polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
- cast aluminum frame with Elevated Frame Cooling
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with 5-position tweeter level and 4-position midrange control
- 4-ohm impedance
- power range: 25-85 watts RMS (255 watts peak)
- frequency response: 48-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89.5 dB
- depth: 2-11/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 91122
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters installed in enhanced flush-mount fixtures (with attached 8" speaker wires)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Tweeter compact flush-mount fixtures
- 2 Tweeter angled surface-mount fixtures
- 2 Self-adhesive JL Audio ZR badges
- Butyl adhesive putty for woofer grilles
- 2 Metal spring clips for tweeter fixtures
- Two 1-1/4" pan-head machine screws
- Four 1" flat-head self-tapping screws
- 4 Crimp-on 2.8mm male quick slides
- Twelve 1-1/4" self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 12 Crimp-on spade connectors
- 2 Crimp-on 6.4mm female quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 4.7mm female quick slides
- Owner's Manual
- Woofer cutout template
- "Attention--Speaker Grilles located under tray insert" sticker
JL Audio ZR650-Csi reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JL Audio ZR650-Csi
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Woofer Composition||Mineral-filled poly|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||89.5|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||48 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||25|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||85|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||255|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 11/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/2|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.224|
Baskets: The Evolution ZR component speakers feature proprietary cast aluminum woofer baskets, designed to provide maximum rear open area while also incorporation JL Audio's patented "Elevated Frame" cooling system. This cooling technology, also found on W7 and W6v2 subwoofers, allows air to flow directly across the top plate and onto the voice coil windings to greatly improve linearity at all listening levels.
Motor Structure: Within the DMA (Dynamic Motor Analysis) optimized motor structure, the CNC-machined back plate, pole piece, and top plate elements offer a degree of precision not possible with conventional forged or stamped parts. The ultra-thin gauge voice coil is treated with proprietary, high-temperature adhesives and wound on an aluminum former to further improve thermal transfer, reliability, and linearity at high power levels.
Woofer Cones: The cone and suspension elements were designed and manufactured by the world-famous Dr. Kurt Müller & Co of Germany. The speakers feature low-mass, mineral-filled polypropylene cones with butyl rubber surrounds. The cone and surround are inherently well damped to deliver an uncolored, neutral midrange without any coloration. The speakers are also equipped with symmetrical-roll, hybrid-weave spiders.
Aluminum Dome: The ZR component system tweeters utilize a 1" ultra-light aluminum dome, delicately suspended with a synthetic rubber, positive-roll surround to damp fatiguing ringing and preserve high-frequency definition. A Nomex voice coil former is used to further reduce mass.
Neodymium Magnets: The high-energy neodymium wafer magnet and machined field structures provide a dynamically stable field for the low-mass voice coil.
Performance: Each pair of ZR tweeters is tested and matched to within 1 dB of JL Audio's reference curve to ensure optimum system performance.
Mounting Options: The tweeters come mounted in enhanced flush mount fixtures with silver trim and a JL Audio badge. The system also comes with compact flush-mount fixtures and angled, surface-mount fixtures. The mounting dimensions for each mounting option are as follows:
|Mounting Fixture||Mounting Depth||Mounting Height||Frame Diameter||Cutout Diameter|
|Enhanced Flush Mount||0.566" |
(1.5" screw depth)
|Compact Flush Mount||0.454" |
(1.5" screw depth)
|Angled Surface Mount||N/A |
(7/8" screw depth)
Two-way Crossover System: The ZR component system utilizes a true 2-way crossover system:
- High Pass: On the tweeters is a second order Butterworth high-pass filter utilizing a top-quality, metallized polypropylene capacitor combined with a low-loss, 16-gauge, air-core inductor. Five tweeter level settings are selectable via jumper pins connected to a bank of super-premium, non-inductive, non-magnetic, 1% tolerance Mills resistors mounted to an extruded aluminum heat sink. Available levels are +1.5dB, Reference, -1.5dB, -3.0dB and -4.5dB.
- Low Pass: The low-pass section features a first order filter with four levels of user-definable midrange presence achieved via a custom-engineered, series-segmented, air core inductor. The midrange presence levels are selected via a heavy brass jumper bar mounted on each network's circuit board, permitting the user to tailor the response for a variety of mounting angles and listening environments. Levels include 1 (Low), 2, 3 (Reference), and 4 (High).
Barrier Strips: Connections to each crossover network are made via protected nickel-plated barrier strips with the option of standard or bi-wire/bi-amp input wiring (selectable with an internal jumper bar).
Dimensions: The ZR crossover systems have the following dimensions: Width=4.17", Height=5.86", Depth=1.696"
Connection Note: The ZR component system comes with no speaker wire. Instead, a number of spade connectors and quick slides are included in the hardware pack to be crimped onto speaker wire you provide.
1 question already asked