About the EFX Harley-Davidson Amplifier Wiring Kit
Install an amp in your Harley-Davidson
This 8-gauge wiring kit from EFX allows you to install an amplifier in select Harley-Davidson motorcycles. The kit includes everything you need to install your new amp, from wiring harnesses right down to the zip ties. Add some good speakers and you'll be ready to rock!
- amplifier wiring kit
- 6 feet of 8-gauge power cable
- 6 feet of 8-gauge ground cable
- 3 feet of 18-gauge turn-on lead wire
- two 4-foot speaker wires
- in-line waterproof mini-ANL fuse holder and 60-amp fuse
- assortment of wire termination hardware and cable ties
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EFXAKCM8B
What's in the box:
- 6' Red 8-gauge power wire with ring terminal on one end
- 6' Black 8-gauge ground wire with ring terminal on one end
- EFX waterproof mini-ANL fuse holder (in line on power wire)
- 60A Mini-ANL fuse
- 3' Blue 18-gauge remote turn-on wire (male disconnect terminal on one end)
- Two 4' lengths of 16-gauge speaker wire
- Two 10-gauge Spade terminals (one red and one black)
- One 18-22 gauge red spade terminal
- One 18-22 gauge red butt connector
- Four 14-16 gauge blue speaker spade terminals
- Four 14-16 gauge blue speaker disconnect terminals
- Self-adhesive Velcro mount pad (4" x 6")
- Ten 8" plastic wire ties
- 2 Resistors (47 ohms)
- 2mm Allen wrench
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Instruction sheet
EFX Harley-Davidson Amplifier Wiring Kit reviews
product is of the utmost quality
0 of 0 found this helpful
This is a good kit for a motorcycle.
Pros: Water resistant fuse casing. Quality cables.
Cons: The speaker wires could have been a bit longer.
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the EFX Harley-Davidson Amplifier Wiring Kit
Overview: The Scosche EFX motorcycle amp power kit contains what you need to install an amplifier on a motorcycle. The kit comes with all of the cabling, speaker wires, terminals, disconnects, and fuse blocks needed, except for the RCA interconnects. The power/ground wires are made with pure oxygen-free copper (OFC), and are fully compliant with American Wire Gauge standards.
Contents: The EFXAKCM8B kit contains the following:
- Power/Ground Wire: The kit includes a 6' length of red 8-gauge power cable and a 6' length of black 8-gauge ground cable. The cables run together side-by-side for most of the length of the cable for ease of installation. Both cables feature a protective braided sleeve, and have 8-gauge ring terminals on one end. The ring terminals will accept a screw shaft up to 5/16" or 8mm.
- In-line Fuse Holder: A waterproof 8-10-gauge waterproof fuse holder is installed on the red power wire. The fuse holder has machined brass inserts for best power transfer. A 60A Mini-ANL fuse is included for installing in the fuse holder.
- Remote Turn-on: A 3' length of 18-gauge blue remote turn-on wire with a pre-attached male disconnect terminal.
- Speaker Wire: Two 4' lengths of 16-gauge EFX speaker wire is included for connecting the amplifier to the speakers. The speaker wires have a protective braided sleeve and heat shrink.
- Terminals/Connectors: The following terminals and
connectors are included in the kit:
- Two 10-gauge spade terminals (with red / black PVC boots)
- One 18-22-gauge red spade terminal
- One 18-22-gauge red butt connector
- Four 14-16-gauge blue speaker spade terminals
- Four 14-16-gauge blue speaker disconnect terminals
- Mount Pad: A 4" x 6" Velcro pad is included for mounting the amplifier. Both sides of the Velcro are backed with a self-adhesive backing.
- Tools, Accessories, Extras: The kit contains 2mm and 3mm Allen wrenches for tightening/loosening the connections on the fuse holder. Ten 8" plastic cable ties are included for securing the wiring to the motorcycle for a clean install. Two 47-ohm, 1/2-watt resistors are included for bikes that are equipped with Harman Kardon audio only.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?