About the Scosche BTFreq™
Quick and easy Bluetooth integration
Quick and easy Bluetooth integration
I totally get it — you need a simple, affordable solution to add Bluetooth® to your car. The Scosche BTFreq Bluetooth FM Transmitter is just the thing. Plug it into your car's 12-volt power source, pair the unit with your phone, tune the transmitter to the clearest FM frequency, and you'll enjoy hands-free calls and music streaming over your car's sound system.
Scosche makes control easy. The BTFreq features one large button for answering and ending calls, and has convenient play/pause and track skip buttons for music streaming. A remote is also included for enhanced control.
Charge you device via USB
Keep your smartphone all juiced up by connecting it to the BTFreq's USB port. The port's 2.1 amp output means quick charging of your Apple® or Android™ devices. The USB port is not an audio input and serves only for device charging.
Flexibility for any car
Scosche gives the BTFreq a flexible neck design so it's easy to position the display in just the right spot, even if you move it from vehicle to vehicle. A 3.5mm AUX cable is also included for integrating audio from non-Bluetooth devices.
- Bluetooth® FM transmitter with AUX input and USB port for charging
- make hands-free calls and enjoy music from your smartphone through your car's audio system
- connects to any 12-volt power socket in your vehicle
- 2.1 amp USB port for device charging
- LCD display for tuning FM frequency
- DSP echo cancellation for clearer phone conversations
- flex-neck design for perfect positioning
- includes remote control and 3.5mm AUX cable
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BTFM
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth hands-free car kit with FM transmitter
- Wireless remote
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 24" Aux cable (3.5mm plugs on both ends)
- 2A AGC fuse
Scosche BTFreq™ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Scosche BTFreq™
Handsfree Car Kit with FM Transmitter: The Scosche BTFreq (BTFM) Handsfree Car Kit with FM Transmitter lets you play music and make calls through your car's FM stereo. It is powered by a 12V power plug (cigarette lighter adapter), and has a USB charging port to charge your device. It connects to your phone or music player via Bluetooth, and transmits the signal to your car stereo via FM. It also has a 3.5mm aux input for non-Bluetooth sources. The BTFreq comes with a small, convenient remote control.
Flex Neck: The BTFreq has a short (3") flexible neck that lets you position the unit at multiple viewing angles.
Display: The 1" (diagonal) backlit display indicates the FM transmitting frequency. You can choose any frequency between 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. To stream music or take phone calls, you should tune your FM radio to the same frequency.
Aux Input/Output: If you wish to play a non-Bluetooth music source device, you can plug it into the 3.5mm Auxiliary input. The same 3.5mm jack can be used as an Auxiliary output. If your car stereo has an Aux Input, you can output the audio from the BTFreq's Aux jack. A 24" Aux cable is provided.
Music and Phone Controls: When streaming audio from your Bluetooth device, you can use the simple controls on the front of the unit to play, pause, skip tracks (forward and backward) and raise/lower the volume. A large Answer button is for controlling your phone calls.
Note: The Handsfree Car Kit does not have a microphone, so you must use the mic on your mobile phone for phone calls.
Remote Control: The included 21-button remote control gives you more control than the front panel buttons. It has dedicated Answer and Hang Up buttons, Channel +, Channel -, EQ and music controls, plus a 10-button numeric keypad. The remote is powered by a CR2025 Lithium coin cell battery (included).
Quick Charge Port: The BTFreq is equipped with a Type A USB port on the bottom of the front panel for powering/charging your mobile device. The USB port provides 5V/2.1A/10W of power, which charges your device quicker than the charger provided with the device. (For example, the supplied charger with an iPhone is 5V/1A.)
- FM Transmitter Frequency Range: 88.1 to 107.9 MHz
- Input Power: 12-24 VDC
- Output Power: 5 Volts, 2.1 Amps, 10 Watts
- Bluetooth: A2DP calling and audio streaming; DSP Echo cancellation
- Front Panel: Width 3.431" Height 1.527"
- DC Plug: Diameter 1.192" Length 1.914"
The Scosche BTFreq™ replaces these items
- provides charging and audio connection between iPod, iPhone, or iPad with Lightning connector and a car FM radio
- includes cable with Lightning connector and module with male RCA outputs, plus power lead
- connects to radio via factory antenna input (some vehicles may require antenna adapters)
18 questions already asked