About the Scosche iPod® Wireless Control Kit
Don't fumble around with your iPod or iPod Nano while you're driving or on the go. This remote control kit allows you to control the most popular iPod functions like play, pause, volume, and track selection without having to reach for your player.
This package from Scosche includes a receiver module and a compact 7-button remote. The module plugs into any iPod with a standard dock connector, and you can mount the remote control with the included armband or steering wheel mount. The receiver module draws power from your iPod, and will shut down automatically after 20 minutes to save power. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the box:
- 7-Button RF Remote control for iPod
- RF receiver (with male and female iPod dock connectors)
- Steering wheel mount
- Arm mount
- Steering wheel strap
- Armband strap Wireless Vehicle RF Remote instructions
- Armband instructions
- Product Survey Card
Scosche iPod® Wireless Control Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Scosche iPod® Wireless Control Kit
Overview: The Scosche Car and Sport Remote Control Kit for iPod (IPNRFCS) includes a 7-button wireless remote, a steering wheel mount, armband, and a plug-in iPod module so you can wirelessly control your iPod in the vehicle or on the go.
Compatibility: The Scosche Car and Sport Remote Control Kit for iPod supports the following Apple iPod models.
- iPod color/photo display (4th generation)
- iPod mini (1st/2nd generation)
- iPod video (5th generation)
- iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation)
- iPod classic (80/120/160GB)
- iPod touch (1st/2nd generation)
RF Receiver: The supplied RF receiver module plugs into your iPods dock connector. The bottom of the module has a female dock connector for charging and syncing your iPod.
Power Requirements: The RF receiver, which draws power from the iPod, uses an advanced power down mode to minimize battery usage. After 20 minutes of sensing no music playing or no remote commands, the unit will go into an advanced battery save mode. The receiver will automatically re-power itself when it detects music playing or a remote command of 0.6 seconds or more.
RF Remote: The included wireless remote control operates on radio frequencies, instead of infrared, giving you an extended operating range of up to 100 feet. RF remote commands do not require line of sight with the receiver, and can travel through walls. The remote can be hand-held, or used in the supplied steering wheel mount. The remote has 7 buttons with the following functions:
- Track Back/Track Forward: Press and release to move to the beginning of the current track (back) or the beginning of the next track (forward). Press and hold to rewind or fast forward through the track.
- Play List Select: Used with the function button, you can move forward or backward through the list of available playlists.
- Pause/Play/Sleep: Press and release to toggle between Pause and Play. Press and Hold to put iPod into sleep mode.
- Volume Up/Down: Press and hold to reduce or increase the volume
- Shuffle Play: Press to randomly play songs on the iPod
Steering Wheel Mount: The remote control can be mounted into the supplied steering wheel cradle. The cradle can be attached to the steering wheel with the included hook & loop strap.
Armband: The remote control can also be mounted around your arm, using the included arm-cradle and hook & loop armband.