About the Scosche PowerUp 400
Three-in-one safety tool for your vehicle
Three-in-one safety tool for your vehicle
Need a little peace of mind when heading out on the road? If you get in a bind, Scosche's PowerUp 400 gives you three handy tools to help out: a rechargeable 400-amp jump starter, mobile device charger, and multi-mode LED flashlight. It's got enough juice to jumpstart a car three times on one charge. Once you've charged the PowerUp 400, it'll hold its charge for six months.
Great options for unexpected challenges
The detachable jumpstart cables are spark-free, which protects the power bank from a short circuit. Remove those cables, and you'll be able to plug your smartphone or tablet into the single 5-volt USB port to charge it up. And for added versatility, you can switch the built-in 1000-lumen LED flashlight to "On", "SOS", or "Pulse" mode depending on what you need. The PowerUp 400 includes a 12-volt power port to keep it charged up as you move on down the road.
Note: The PowerUp 400 can jumpstart vehicles with engines up to 6 cylinders and 3.5 liters.
- rechargeable 400-amp jumpstarter, mobile device charger, and LED flashlight
- jumpstarts vehicles with engines up to 6-cylinder/3.5-liters
- multi-mode 1000-lumen flashlight with three settings: On, SOS, and Pulse
- included lithium polymer battery holds charge for six months
- detachable jumper cable attachment is "spark-free" to prevent short circuits
- 5-volt USB port charges smartphones and tablets
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PBJF400
What's in the box:
- Powerbank flashlight
- 2 Jump start cable clamps (each with 8" of cable terminating into a proprietary plug for flashlight)
- 20" USB cable (Type-A on one end
- micro-B on other end
- 12V Lighter adaptor with USB socket (type-A)
- Nylon carry-case
- Owner's guide (Eng / Span / Fren)
Scosche PowerUp 400 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Scosche PowerUp 400
Overview: The Scosche PBJF400 is a combination flashlight, battery jump starter, and USB charger, eliminating the need for bulky charging cables and making it the perfect emergency tool for your vehicle.
Flashlight: Housed in a heavy-duty metal chassis, the PBJF400 features an ultra-bright, 1000 lumen, multi-mode LED flashlight. As an added safety feature, the flashlight includes 3 operational modes: On (with 3 levels of brightness), Pulse, and S.O.S. The light is powered on by a firm press of the top power button and light presses to cycle through the different modes. A rubber cap at the bottom of the flashlight accesses the Powerbank jumper socket along with 2 USB ports for charging, an LED battery level meter, and On/Off button for the Powerbank.
Powerbank: The Powerbank's 5100 mAh battery, with a peak current of 400A, can deliver enough power to quickly jump start a wide array of vehicles with engines up to 6 cylinders and 3.5 liters. Charging of the Powerbank is done through its Micro-B USB port (2.0) on the bottom of the flashlight, using the included USB cable and 12V lighter adaptor or from a USB charging source. The Powerbank's internal battery was designed to be charged and discharged over 1000 times without causing battery damage, and can hold a charge up to 6 months. An additional Type-A USB port is provided to charge mobile devices using the Powerbank as the charging source. A 5-segment LED level meter displays the Powerbank's charge as: Low, 40%, 60%, 80%, and Full. The PBJF400 needs to at 60% or higher for jump starting.
Jumper Cables: The included 8" jumper cables terminate in a proprietary module that plugs into the bottom of the flashlight on one end, and a set of "spark free" battery clamps on the other end. The clamps are fully insulated, except for the contact teeth, eliminating short circuits from accidentally touching the cables to each other or a metal surface. The "module" end of the cables includes an LED status light that will indicate if the Powerbank is: ready to jump start, cables are connected incorrectly, Powerbank has a low battery, or if the battery needing charged is completely dead. If the latter is the case, a Boost button is provided to add extra charge for a few seconds before jumping.
- Battery Capacity: 5100 mAh
- Jump Start Current: 12V / 200-400A
- Micro-B USB Input (2.0): 5V / 2A
- Type-A USB Output (2.0): 5V / 2A
- Operating Temperatures: -4˚ F - 140˚ F
- Recommended Vehicle Engine Displacement
- Gas Engines: Up to 6 cylinders, 3.5L (3500 cc) or less
- Diesel Engines: Up to 4 cylinders, 2.0L (2000 cc) or less