Sennheiser EW 112 G3
Wireless omnidirectional lavalier mic system (556-608 MHz, "G" band)
Our take on the Sennheiser EW 112 G3 by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Experience, innovation, and German engineering
Sennheiser has manufactured microphones and audio equipment for almost 70 years. Their years of of experience and innovation combine with German engineering to create audio solutions that offer superb performance and exceptional reliability.
Talk to me
Sennheiser designed the EW 112 G3 wireless microphone system for presentations and other spoken-word applications. The package includes the EM 100 G3 rack-mount receiver, the SK 100 G3 bodypack transmitter, and the ME 2 clip-on microphone. This omnidirectional microphone offers natural-sounding reproduction while its small size makes for a discreet visual presentation.
The bodypack transmitter runs for up to eight hours on two AA batteries, and also operates with the BA 2015 rechargeable battery pack. You can recharge the battery pack while it's in the transmitter using Sennheiser's L 2015 charger (battery pack and charger sold separately). Four-stage battery indicators monitor your battery's charge level.
Hook me up
The receiver scans automatically for available frequencies and syncs with the transmitter automatically via an infrared interface. The receiver's true diversity reception gives you a dependable connection with the transmitter. The frequency bank system offers 12 compatible frequencies per bank for simple matching. The transmitter and receiver are both housed in rugged metal cases to shield them from the bumps of life on stage. You'll have no problem setting up and using this system, thanks to the user-friendly operating menus on the transmitter and receiver.
The Sennheiser EW 112 G3 offers dependable simplicity in a complete package, ready for your presentation.
- wireless lavalier mic system with bodypack transmitter and single-channel receiver
- omnidirectional lavalier microphone for spoken-word applications
- transmitter and receiver displays monitor battery life
- Auto-Lock feature prevents accidental setting changes
- XLR and 1/4" receiver outputs
- frequency response: 25-18,000 Hz
- receiver: 8-3/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 8"D
- transmitter: 3-1/4"H x 2-1/2"W x 1"D
- receiver: 2 lb.
- transmitter: 5-3/4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- EM100 G3 wireless receiver
- ME 2 cardioid clip-on microphone with attached 68" cable (3.5mm plug with threaded collar)
- Metal windscreen cap
- Metal mic clip
- SK 100 Bodypack wireless transmitter
- Stacking elements (2 pieces - L+R)
- 2 Wireless antennas
- NT2-3 Power supply (DC output: 12V 400mA)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 3 AC plug adapters (US / Euro / UK)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Instruction Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Additional Information about Wireless Systems
- Framework requirements (Europe)
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Sennheiser EW 112 G3 is a wireless presentation microphone system, featuring the inconspicuously small ME 2 clip-on omnidirectional microphone, the SK 100 G3 bodypack wireless transmitter, and EM 100 G3 True Diversity receiver. The system features a 42 MHz bandwidth, and operates on frequency range G (566-608 MHz).
Wireless System: The EW 112 G3 evolution system features high-quality true diversity reception with dual antennas. The automatic frequency scan feature searches for available frequencies for interference free operation. The system supports up to 12 channels. The Sennheiser HDX compander system assures crystal-clear sound.
Microphone: The ME 2 is a small omni-directional clip-on microphone designed for speech and vocal applications. It easily attaches to your clothing with the supplied wire clip. The microphone has an attached 68" cord that plugs into the Bodypack transmitter's 3.5mm input jack. The supplied metal windscreen can easily snap on if needed to reduce wind noise or popping from speech plosives.
Wireless Transmitter: The SK 100 wireless bodypack transmitter clips onto your belt or jacket pocket. It is powered by 2 "AA" batteries (included), which give it approximately 8 hours of battery life. The transmitter's 3-line illuminated display will indicate the current transmitting frequency, the customizable name of the mic, transmission and lock mode icons, and mute status. It shows a 3-segment battery status: 3 bars-100%, 2 bars-70%, 1 bar-30%, 0 bars-Low battery. The transmitter has an On/Off button, and a multi-function switch to set the transmitting channel.
Wireless Receiver: The EM 100 G3 True-Diversity wireless receiver can be placed on a flat surface, rack mounted, or stacked with other receivers using the included stacking elements. The illuminated front panel display clearly indicates the current frequency, frequency bank, and channel number. It also displays the battery status of the transmitter, as well as the RF levels (how strong the wireless signal is) and Audio levels (how loud the audio signal is). Like the transmitter, the name of the receiver is customizable. The two diversity antennas plug into the BNC connectors on the back panel. The receiver is powered by the included 12-volt DC power supply.
EQ Presets: The system has four EQ presets that can be recalled. Preset 1: Flat; Preset 2: Low Cut (-3 dB at 180Hz); Preset 3: Low Cut/High Boost (-3dB at 180Hz / +6dB at 10kHz), Preset 4: High Boost (+6dB at 10kHz). These presets affect the line and monitor outputs.
- EM 100 G3 Receiver:
- Receiving Frequency Range: 566 - 608 MHz
- Adjacent Channel Rejection: ≥ 65 dB
- Intermodulation Attenuation: ≥ 65 dB
- Squelch: Off, Low (5 dBµV), Middle (15 dBµV), High (25 dBµV
- Dimensions: Width 8.365", Height 1.8" (w/rubber feet), Depth 8.334" (w/antennas)
- ME 2 Microphone:
- Type: condenser
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa
- Pick-up pattern: omni-directional
- Max SPL: 130 dB SPL
- Dimensions: Diameter=0.258" (0.372" w/cap), Length=0.636" (0.81" w/cap)
- SK 100 Transmitter:
- Input Sensitivity Adjustment Range: 60 dB in 3 dB steps
- Output Frequency Response: 80-18,000 Hz (microphone); 25-18,000 Hz (line)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: ≥110 dBA
- RF Output Power (at 50 Hz): 30 mW (typical)
- Dimensions: W=2.573", H=3.325", D=1.155", Antenna Length=5", Weight=5.64 ounces (including batteries)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.