About the Sennheiser HD 660 S
A classic revisited
A classic revisited
Many of my Crutchfield co-workers credit Sennheiser's legendary "HD 600" series as their gateway into the world of truly high-end personal audio. These HD 660 S headphones keep the spirit of their stellar predecessors alive. But they feature a tweaked design and completely revamped driver system.
The result is a smooth, timeless look and — more importantly — even greater musical detail. When paired with a high-performance headphone amp, you get great clarity with pinpoint imaging.
- over-the-ear design
- open-back, metal mesh covered ear cups for spacious and transparent sound
- latest model in Sennheiser's legendary HD600 series headphones
- streamlined design with timeless matte black finish
- we recommend a separate headphone amplifier for proper power and the best possible sound
- large dynamic drivers angled to create a more natural listening experience and a wider soundstage
- cutting edge transducer design for tightly controlled diaphragm movement
- diaphragm lined with stainless steel mesh for even airflow
- lightweight aluminum voice coils ensure accuracy and fast transient response
General Info and Specs:
- snug, cushioned fit
- generous velour ear pads and soft headband padding
- specially tuned 9-foot oxygen-free copper cable with balanced 4.4mm headphone plug
- connects to the Sennheiser HDV 820 headphone amp
- 9-foot oxygen-free cable with unbalanced 1/4" headphone plug
- includes 3.5mm mini plug adapter
- storage box
- frequency response: 10-41,000 Hz (-10 dB)
- sensitivity: 98 dB
- impedance: 150 ohms
- weight: 9.2 oz. (without cable)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 508826
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones with 10' audio cable (1/4" plug)
- 9" Adapter (1/4"-to-3.5mm)
- 10' Balanced audio cable (4.4mm Pentaconn)
- Hinged storage box
- Instruction manual
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
Sennheiser HD 660 S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sennheiser HD 660 S
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.252" x 4.288"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||10-41k Hz|
|Cord Length||120" + 120|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Sennheiser HD 660 S high-end headphones feature an open design to give you an exceptionally natural, spatial, and accurate sound. Unlike closed, noise-isolating earcups, the HD 660 S's earcups have a specialty steel mesh, molded to the natural shape of the acoustic chamber, to provide an open environment. The HD 660 S features new, lower-impedance drivers with extremely light aluminum voice coils. The transducers are matched within +/- 1dB tolerances for consistent sound. The headphones come with two 10' cables, one with the new 4.4mm balanced connector, and a hinged storage box.
Angled Transducers: The HD 660 S has angled transducers to resemble the perfect positioning of a pair of reference monitors to put you in the center of the sweet spot. The ear cups are elliptical to follow the shape of the outer ear, with plush, velour-covered padded ear cushions for hours of listening comfort.
Headphone Cables: The HD 660 S comes with two interchangeable, 10-foot cables. One cable has a full-sized 1/4" plug. A 1/4"-to-3.5mm adapter is included for listening to portable devices. The other cable (also 10') is terminated with a new 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced connection that can be used with some high-end digital audio players (such as the Sony TA-ZH1ES) and headphone amplifiers (including the Sennheiser HDV 820). Both cables are constructed with OFC copper (oxygen-free copper) with its high conductivity for best signal transfer. The cable's outer jacket is coated to greatly reduce handling noise.
Storage Box: The HD 660 S has a sturdy, hinged box with cut-out foam padding for storage of your headphones and attached cable.
- Frequency Response: 10-41kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 150Ω
- Sound Pressure Level (1 kHz/1V): 104dB
- THD + N (1kHz/100dB): <0.04%
- Maximum Input Power: 500mW
- Weight: 9.2 ounces (w/o cable), 12.5 ounces (w/cable)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?