About the Sennheiser IE 80 S
Sennheiser's renowned sound — on the go
Sennheiser's renowned sound — on the go
To create the IE 80 S in-ear headphones, Sennheiser tweaked the design of their original IE 80 model. But they didn't have to change much — those high-performance earbuds were popular with our customers for years and years. The company refreshed the look, and fine-tuned the sound: mids are just as articulate, but the highs are smoothed out a bit. You still get precise control over the bass response thanks to the adjustable tuning screws on each earbud.
Find the best fit for comfort and sound
In-ear headphones are only as good as their fit, so Sennheiser has included a bunch of extras. You get a pair of flexible earhooks to keep the earbuds from moving around. Plus a whopping 9 pairs of ear tips will help you find a nice snug fit that's completely comfortable to you.
That includes three sizes of my personal favorites — Comply™ foam tips. These malleable, spongy tips don't just feel super soft, they also help with sound isolation. A good seal blocks out 26dB of external noise, so the high-performance drivers can do their thing.
- high-performance in-ear headphones with strong sound isolation
- compact dynamic drivers with powerful neodymium magnets
- tuned for detailed sound with smooth, transparent highs
- adjustable tuning control lets you manually fine tune the bass
- one tuning screw on each earbud
- detachable flexible earhooks for a secure fit
- attenuation of ambient noise: up to 26 dB
- includes 9 pairs of ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit:
- 3 sizes of angled silicone ear tips
- 3 sizes of Lamella ear tips
- 3 sizes of Comply foam tips
- detachable 48" straight cord with stereo 3.5mm mini plug
- included shirt clip and cleaning/adjustment tool
- protective carry case
- frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 16 ohms
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 507448
What's in the box:
- In-ear headphones with attached 48" cable (straight 3.5mm plug)
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of Comply foam ear tips
- 3 Pairs of Lamella dual-flange ear tips
- 2 Ear hooks
- Sound adjustment and cleaning tool
- Zippered storage case
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
Sennheiser IE 80 S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sennheiser IE 80 S
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.691" x 0.59"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||10-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Sennheiser IE 80 S in-ear headphones combines high quality performance with an aesthetically pleasing design. The headphones have an adjustment that lets you tailor the sound to your personal taste. The IE 80 S comes with 9 pairs of ear tips for best fit and comfort. The headphones can be stored in the included zippered carrying case.
Ear Tips: The IE 80 S in-ear headphones come with three types of ear tips, each in small, medium, and large. You can choose from soft silicone ear tips, Lamella dual-flange ear tips, and Comply memory foam ear tips. The Comply tips compress between your fingers before inserting, and expand inside your ear canal to provide superb attenuation of external noise. When the ear tips are properly fitted, the result is a 26dB attenuation of ambient noise. In addition, a pair of ear hooks is included to provide a more secure fit.
Removable Cable: The IE 80 S comes with a removable 48" audio cable with a straight 3.5mm plug. The strain relief on the right earphone connector is colored red for easy side recognition. The cable terminates to a proprietary Sennheiser 2-pin connector. The cable does not include an in-line remote or microphone for music playback or phone calls. An optional smart remote cable (RCs IE) is available directly from Sennheiser.
Sound Adjustments: The IE 80 S in-ear headphones are equipped with an adjustment screw on each ear bud. You can tune the bass response to your personal taste. The supplied adjustment tool, or a small precision screwdriver, is required to adjust each ear bud. The supplied tool also has a cleaning tip for removing any buildup of ear wax in the ear tips.
- Frequency Response (Headphones): 10Hz - 20kHz
- Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 116 dB (1 kHz/1Vrms)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.1 % (1 kHz, 100 dB SPL)
- Attenuation: -26dB
- Impedance: 16 Ω
- Ear Bud Dimensions: Width 0.691" Height 0.59" Depth 0.783"
- Weight: 0.6 ounces (w/cable)