About the Sennheiser MKE 2 Digital
Pro recording with your iPhone® or iPad®
Record sound directly to your iPhone just about anywhere.
Pro recording with your iPhone® or iPad®
The Sennheiser MKE 2 digital lets you make professional-grade voice recordings with just your iPhone or iPad. The mic connects to your Apple device via its Lightning® port, for pristine digital recording. You can record your presentation or capture a high-qualityaudio track fora video you're shooting with your iPhone or iPad, without an elaborate setup.
High-quality digital recording
The mic feeds its signal to a high-performance in-line digital encoder developed by Apogee, a leading manufacturer of digital pro audio gear. This pro-quality analog-to-digital converter lets you capture high-res audio up to 24-bit/96kHz. It offers superior dynamic range and transient response, as well as a wide frequency range (20-20,000 kHz).This advanced processor is also encased in a rugged aluminum die-cast chassis, for years of reliable use.
Accurate sound right from the source
The MKE 2 Digital's design ensures the cleanest possible sound is captured by the mic. Its metal windscreen can reduce ambient noise by 20dB. The included foam windscreen further reduces unwanted noise by 10dB — ideal for recording outdoors. Two included cable clips keep the cable firmly attached to your body, virtually eliminated the rustling sound a shifting cable can create.
Edit on the go
The MKE 2 digital works with Apogee's free MetaRecorder app, which makes it easy to organize, tag, and edit your recordings. You can even record simultaneously to your main phone and up to three satellite phones. (The free version of the app limits this function to 60-second recordings, but you can purchase the full version to enable unlimited recording to all linked phones.)
- designed for presentations, podcasting, and spoken-word recording
- clip-on condenser microphone
- Apple Lightning connector for iPhones and iPads
- powered by your connected Apple device
- compatible with free Apogee apps (available at Apple iTunes App store):
- MetaRecorder for advanced 2-channel audio recording
- Maestro for control and recording settings with connected Apple iPhone or iPad
- omnidirectional pickup pattern
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: -50 dBFS
- sampling rates: 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz
- bit depth: 16-bit/24-bit
- cable length: 68"
- mic dimensions: 1/2" length x 3/16" diameter
- weight: 1.1 oz.
- mic clip
- metal windscreen
- foam windscreen
- 2 cable clips
- carrying pouch
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 506798
What's in the box:
- Clip-on microphone with attached 68" cable and Apple lightning connector
- Metal wind screen (installed)
- Foam windscreen
- Clothing clip
- 2 Cable clips
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- "Made for iPod" statement
- Frequency response graph
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sennheiser MKE 2 Digital
Overview: The Sennheiser MKE 2 digital is a direct plug-in solution for making high-quality recording directly to your Apple mobile device. It has a 68" cable with an in-line signal converter, and terminates into an Apple Lightning connector. The microphone includes a clip for attaching the mic to your clothing, two cable clips, metal and foam windscreens, and a cloth carrying pouch. The downloadable Apogee MetaRecorder and Apogee Maestro applications let you control the levels and recordings on your Apple device.
Microphone Capsule: The MKE 2 digital features a tiny mic capsule with an omnidirectional pickup pattern. The mic is powered by the iPhone, iPad, or iPod to which it is connected. Its small form factor (3/16" diameter, 1/2" length) allows it to be discreetly placed on your clothing. The microphone plugs directly into the device's Lightning port, allowing you to monitor the recording through the headphone output. For best results, you should place the microphone within 10" of the subject's mouth. When the included metal windscreen is attached, wind-generated noise is reduced by up to 20dB. The included foam windscreen can reduce wind noise further by 10dB.
Audio Converter: Located within 4" of the Lightning connector, the in-line Apogee PureDigital Enhanced audio converter digitizes the analog audio signal into a high quality digital audio signal with up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. The signal also includes the metadata that makes is easier to edit your recordings.
Compatibility: The MKE 2 digital is compatible with Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod models equipped with the Lightning connector, and running iOS version 8.0 and later. You must also have Apogee MetaRecorder, Apogee Maestro, or any Core Audio-compatible app on your device. The following models are compatible with the MKE 2 digital:
- iPhone: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
- iPad: iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod: iPod touch (5th generation)
Applications: The following applications, available from the Apple App Store, can be used with the MKE 2 digital:
- Apogee MetaRecorder: Apogee MetaRecorder is a 2-channel audio recording app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Audio is recorded at a resolution of up to 24-bit, 96kHz in WAV or CAF (Core Audio Format). You can link one Master iPhone to up to 3 satellite iPhones (or iPads or iPod touch) via Wi-Fi. When linked all actions performed on the master are duplicated on the satellites. The MetaRecorder app also includes control via Apple Watch.
- Apogee Maestro: Apogee Maestro allows you to control your MKE 2 digital microphone with your Apple mobile device. You can adjust the input gain, EQ, compression, and other settings with the app. Maestro also improves latency problems (delays during recording) with a mixer. Apogee Maestro is not a recording application.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 130 dB (min. gain); 95 dB (max gain)
- Pickup Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Gain: 0 - 35 dB
- Minimum Gain: -50 dBFS (80dB SPL, 1kHz)
- Maximum Gain: -15 dBFS (80dB SPL, 1kHz)
- Sampling Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Bit Rates: 16-bit, 24-bit
- Dimensions: 0.191" diameter, 0.447" length, 68" cable length
- Weight: 1.1 ounces