About the Sennheiser MKE 440
Stay focused on sound
The Sennheiser MKE 440 has two aligned and matched mini shotgun mics that reject off-axis noise so you can capture focused stereo sound from the subject you're filming. Perfect for recording speech, music, or ambient sound, the MKE 440 has adjustable sensitivity for long and short distances, and stainless steel micro-mesh wind protection, so you can preserve fine high-frequency details. Add Sennheiser's optional MZH 440 fur windscreen for extra noise reduction in strong wind.
- dual mini shotgun microphones create frontal focus
- compatible with camcorders and mixers with a 3.5mm unbalanced minijack input
- over 100 hours of operation from 2 "AAA" batteries
- super-cardioid pattern rejects off-axis noise and lets you focus on sounds from your on-screen subject
- internal shock-mounting prevents vibrations from muddying the sound
- built-in elastic suspension and steel micro-mesh wind protection
- 3-level switchable sensitivity for long and short distances
- 2-11/16"W x 4-3/16"H x 5-1/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 506258
What's in the box:
- Camera stereo microphone with attached coiled cable (right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- 2 AAA batteries
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
More details on the Sennheiser MKE 440
Overview: The Sennheiser MKE 440 is a compact stereo shotgun microphone designed for use with DSLRs and camcorders with an accessory shoe and external microphone input. With its two matched and aligned mini shotgun mics and super-cardioid pick-up pattern, the MKE 440 creates a front focus while rejecting sound from the sides. The microphone's frequency response is 50 Hz to 20 kHz.
Construction: The V-shaped MKE 440 features two shotgun microphones approximately 5" long, angled at 25° apart. The microphone has a rugged, all-metal housing, and an 8" coiled cable with a right-angled 3.5mm plug. The lightweight mic weighs approximately 6 ounces.
Mounting: The microphone is designed to be used on cameras and camcorders with a standard accessory shoe. On the bottom of the mount is a standard 1/4"-20 tripod thread to allow you to mount the microphone on a tripod or a side-mount accessory bracket.
Optional Windshield: When wind creates noise in the microphone, you can use the optional Fur Windshield for MKE 440. The windshield slips over the microphones, and is held in place by an elastic band.
Controls: There are three switches on the left side--Sensitivity, Low Cut filter, and On/Off Switch:
- Sensitivity Switch: The microphone sensitivity can be set to -20dB, 0dB, or +20dB. The maximum sound pressure level is 132dB SPL (at -20dB setting).(The camera's input level should be set to Manual, if capable.)
- Low-Cut Filter: The Low-Cut filter will eliminate low frequency noise from wind or other sources. The filter can be turned on or off, as needed. (Cutoff frequency not available)
- On/Off Switch: Turns the microphone on or off.
Power Requirements: The MKE 440 is powered by two "AAA" batteries (supplied). Behind the On/Off switch is a battery level LED. When lit green, the battery charge is full, and can provide up to 100 hours of use. When the remaining battery power goes below 4 hours, the LED will glow red.
- Frequency Response: 50Hz to 20kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 132dB SPL (with -20dB pad selected)
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to +55°C (14°F to 131°F)
- Pickup Pattern: Supercardioid, stereo
- Cable: 8" coiled cable with right-angled 3.5mm plug
- Dimensions: Width 4.19", Height 2.636", Depth 5"
- Weight: 6 ounces