About the Sennheiser PXC 480
Comfortable and adaptive travel headphones
The Sennheiser PXC 480 noise-canceling headphones fold up to fit into their included travel case.
Comfortable and adaptive travel headphones
Sennheiser's “PXC” series noise-canceling headphones are designed specifically for air travel, and I've found they work well anywhere you need some peace and quiet. The Sennheiser PXC 480 headphones are the wired version in the lineup. They offer a relaxed, comfortable fit and clear, detailed sound. And they use special circuitry to automatically adjust the level of noise cancellation to your surrounding environment, whether it's on a plane or in an office. Basically, they feature much of what I loved when I reviewed the PXC 550 Wireless version — at a lower cost.
And while the PXC 480 headphones do not have Bluetooth®, the extended battery life is a fair trade-off. You get up to 50 hours of noise cancellation on a single charge. That should get you through a few round trips!
Pleasant, laid-back sound that you can customize
While I haven't heard the PXC 480 headphones yet, Sennheiser claims the sound signature is very close to the '550s — relaxed, with a slight emphasis on the bass. It makes a great match for the ear-hugging, super-soft feel of these 'phones.
But if you'd like to tweak what you're hearing a bit, you're in luck. Download the free Sennheiser Captune app to your Apple® or Android™ device, and you can manually control both the sound profile and level of noise cancellation. I've used this app before, and it works well. You go through a series of different sound curves, and pick your preferences. At the end of the process, you have a customized sound preset that you can name, save, and later select at the tap of a button.
Handy controls and neat "Talk Through" feature
The Sennheiser PXC 480 headphones include a detachable cable with an in-line one-button remote. It lets you control music and phone calls while you're on the go. A switch on the right ear cup toggles noise cancellation on and off, and also activates the "Talk Through" feature. Tiny mics pick up external sound — so you can clearly and quickly hear others when they need to talk to you.
- closed-back, over-the-ear design with Sennheiser's clear, detailed sound signature
- Sennheiser's NoiseGard™ Hybrid technology provides active noise cancellation
- level of noise cancellation adjusts to your environment
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 50 hours of noise cancelation
- "Talk Through" feature lets you quickly hear external sounds
- detachable cable with angled 3.5mm connector
- in-line one-button remote lets you answer calls, play/pause music, and skip tracks
- soft, specially shaped earpads for long-lasting comfort
- free Captune app for Apple® and Android™ allows you to adjust settings and view headphone battery life status on your phone
- select from preset sound modes or customize your own setting
- fold-flat design for compact storage
- passive mode lets listen without using battery (noise cancellation off)
- 1/4" adapter included
- airport adapter
- USB charging cable included
- includes durable travel case
- frequency response: 17-23,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 109 dB
- impedance: 18 ohms
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 506518
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones
- 56" Audio cable with in-line remote/mic (right-angled 3.5mm plug)
- 51" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- 1/4" Plug adapter
- Airline adapter
- Zippered storage case
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
Sennheiser PXC 480 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sennheiser PXC 480
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||2.857" x 4.073"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||17-23k Hz|
|Impedance||45 P/150 A Ohms|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Sennheiser PXC 480 over-ear headphones are ideal for traveling, offering high-fidelity sound and NoiseGard active noise cancellation. The headphones are lightweight with specially-shaped ear pads for hours of comfortable listening. The headphones come with a USB charging cable, a straight audio cable with in-line remote/microphone, and 1/4" and airline adapters. The ear cups collapse and swivel for storage in the included soft zippered travel case.
NoiseGard: The PXC 480s feature Sennheiser's proprietary NoiseGard Hybrid active noise cancelling which shuts out the noisiest environments, creating your own quiet space. NoiseGard can be used while listening to music, or cable-free when you just want to shut out a totally quiet experience. Two microphones on the outside of the ear cups work as a feed-forward active noise cancellation system to reduce high-frequency noise, while two microphones inside the ear cups act as a feed-back active noise cancellation system to reduce noise in the low-frequency band. The multi-function switch on the right ear cup lets you turn NoiseGard ANC on or off. Pushing the switch past the "On" position turns on the TalkThrough feature, which temporarily turns off NoiseGard and pauses the music to let you carry on a conversation or listen to an announcement without removing the headphones.
Battery: The NoiseGard function is powered by a rechargeable battery. The battery charges in approximately 3 hours via USB using the supplied USB charging cable. A full charge supplies enough power for 50 hours of listening with NoiseGard on. The battery level can be monitored through a 5-LED meter on the headphone.
Audio Cable: The included 56" audio cable lets you listen to your music, with or without NoiseGard (active or passive). An in-line 1-button remote/microphone allows you to play/pause your music, skip to the next or previous track, and make/accept/end calls. The cable terminates into a slender right-angled 3.5mm plug that is compatible with most smartphone cases. Two plug adapters are included: a 1/4" adapter for listening to your home audio components, and an airline adapter for listening to in-flight entertainment while traveling.
- Frequency Response: 17 Hz to 23 kHz
- Impedance: 150 Ω (active); 45 Ω (passive)
- Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 109 dB (1 kHz, 1 Vrms)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.5 % (1 kHz, 100 dB SPL)
- Dimensions (Ear Cup): Width 2.857", Height 4.073", Depth 1.939"
- Weight: 8.2 ounces
2 questions already asked