About the Sennheiser RS 135-9
Watch TV or listen to music on your own time
Watch TV or listen to music on your own time
Plug the transmitter into a 3.5mm minijack audio output on your TV or a headphone output on your stereo system.
As the parent of a three-year-old, I have to pick and choose when I watch my favorite special effects-filled TV shows. It's not like I can turn on Game of Thrones in the middle of playtime. The Sennheiser RS 135-9 wireless headphone systems lets you watch TV with exciting, detailed sound, even when others are asleep. (The wireless transmitter connects to your TV's headphone jack or analog audio output.)
The on-ear headset has an open-back design for spacious sound from movies, shows, and music. Some sound does escape. But they're certainly more sleep-friendly than blasting the volume on your TV or stereo system
Huge wireless range and rechargeable headset batteries
You plug in the included transmitter the same way you would connect a set of wired ‘phones. It connects to your TV's stereo RCA or 3.5mm minijack audio output, and you also get a 1/4" adapter to accommodate a full-size headphone jack on a stereo system. The radio frequency (RF) transmitter has a maximum range of 330 feet and can send its signal through walls and ceilings. The headphones are powered by included "AAA" rechargeable batteries. With the batteries inserted, just hang the headphones atop the transmitter and charging will automatically begin. You'll get up to 20 hours of use with a full charge.
Soft padding and earcup dials for easy control
When you're binge-watching TV or listening to music for long stretches, comfort is key. The RS 135-9's lightweight headset features soft cloth earcups that rest on your ears. Extra padding lines the top of the headband. The volume control is built for leisure, too — it's located on the right earcup, along with a tuning dial to keep the wireless signal strong, so you don't have to get up to make adjustments.
- on-ear, open-back design
- included wireless transmitter delivers high-quality audio to the headphones
- transmitter features an attached cable to connect to the stereo RCA output on your TV or audio system
- 3.5 mm stereo minijack adapter included
- 1/4" adapter also included
- 900 MHz RF (radio frequency) wireless transmission
- wireless range: up to 328 feet
- transmitter also serves as a docking station to recharge the headphones
- battery life: up to 20 hours with a full charge using the included batteries
- volume and tune dial on headphones
- includes 2 "AAA" NiMH rechargeable batteries for the headphones
- frequency response: 22-19,500 Hz
- headset weight: 7 oz. (with batteries)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 506298
What's in the box:
- HDR 135 Over-ear wireless headphone
- TR 135 Transmitter with attached 82" audio cable (stereo RCA plugs)
- Stereo RCA-to-3.5mm plug adapter
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" plug adapter
- 2 "AAA" NiMH rechargeable batteries (1.2V 600mAh each)
- AC adapter (NT9-3A) with attached 5' DC output cord (DC output: 9V 0.34A)
- Instruction Manual
- Safety Guide
- Info card on connecting to TV
- Diagram for connecting AC adapter
Sennheiser RS 135-9 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sennheiser RS 135-9
Overview: The Sennheiser RS 135 RF Wireless headphone system consists of a pair of wireless headphones (HDR 135) and a radio frequency (RF) transmitter (TR 135). The system is designed to enhance the sound of your TV or home audio source, and to give you the freedom to walk around your home with the headphones on.
Wireless Headphones: The HDR 135's wireless headphones feature an open, supra-aural (on-ear) design. The soft-padded ear cups and headband provide hours of listening comfort. The headphones have the power control left ear cup, and volume and tuning controls on the right ear cup. Two charging contacts are located on the inside of the headband. With the batteries installed, the HDR 135 headphones weigh 7.9 ounces.
TR 135 Transmitter: The transmitter connects to your television's or audio system's audio output via the attached RCA cable (82" length). The audio is transmitted on the 900 MHz band (926.15 to 927.55 MHz) with FM stereo modulation. The extended transmission range is approximately 328 feet (100 meters) with reception through walls and ceilings. The transmitter is powered by a 9-volt DC power supply/AC adapter. The transmitter features a convenient charging stand for the headphones that extends above the top of the transmitter. Two keyhole slots are provided on the back to allow you to wall-mount the transmitter, if desired.
Audio Connections: The transmitter has an attached audio cable with stereo RCA plugs. Two adapters are included: a female stereo RCA-to-male 3.5mm (1/8") plug, and a female 3.5mm-to-1/4" (6.3mm) plug.
Rechargeable Batteries: The headphones are powered by two (included) "AAA" rechargeable NiMH batteries (1.2V, 600mAh). The batteries fully charge in approximately 18 hours when placed on the charging stand. Typical battery life is approximately 22 hours of use. Standard, non-rechargeable "AAA" batteries should not be used in the headphones.
Additional Headsets: The optional Sennheiser HDR 120 wireless headphones, sold separately, can be used as a second set of headphones for the RS 135-9 system. They operate on the same frequency band with FM stereo modulation. Multiple pairs of headphones can be used simultaneously with the RS 135-9 wireless system.
- Frequency Response: 22Hz - 19,500Hz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 106dB at 1kHz, 1 Vrms
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.7% at 1 kHz, 100dB SPL
- Transmission Range: Up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- Headphones (Earcups): Width 3.163", Height 4.013", Depth 1.721"
- Transmitter: Width 3.32", Height 5.25" (8.875" including charging stand), Depth 5.24"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked