About the Sennheiser RS 165
Bring your TV's sound closer
The RS 165 includes a comfortable pair of over-the-ear headphones and a wireless transmitter that delivers high-quality audio.
Bring your TV's sound closer
If you need to hear your TV more clearly without having the whole neighborhood hear it, then check out the Sennheiser RS 165 headphone system. Connect the included wireless transmitter to your TV's headphone jack or audio output, put the headphones on, and you can listen comfortably while no one else is bothered. They're great for late-night TV in the bedroom, so you won't disturb your spouse. Or use them in the rec room so you can better hear the TV while walking on the treadmill. Folks who are hard of hearing can use them to better follow the dialogue in their movies and TV shows, too.
Plush padding and earcup volume buttons
Comfort is important when choosing any headphones. The RS 165's headset features thick padding on the headband and earcups, so you can enjoy its crystal-clear sound for long periods. If you need to adjust the volume, don't worry — you won't need to get up or mess with the TV remote. There are built-in volume buttons on the right earcup. There's also a bass boost button if you want a little more low-frequency power.
Rechargeable headset batteries offer hours of listening
The headset and transmitter are paired at the factory, so there's no need to do it yourself. The headphones are powered by "AAA" rechargeable batteries (included). With the batteries inserted, just hang the headphones atop the transmitter and charging will automatically begin. You'll get up to 18 hours of use with a full charge. What about wireless range? If you have a room that's longer than 98 feet long... wow, that's impressive! If not, you'll have more than enough range to use these headphones in your TV room.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design helps keep out external noise
- included wireless transmitter delivers high-quality audio to the headphones
- transmitter features a 3.5mm stereo minijack input for connecting from a headphone jack on your TV or audio system (78" stereo mini cable included)
- does not offer a digital audio connection to your TV (no HDMI, no optical)
- wireless range: up to 98 feet (line of sight)
- 2.4 GHz wireless frequency band
- multi-receiver mode enables two people to listen to the same source (requires additional compatible headset)
- transmitter also serves as a docking station to recharge the headphones
- battery life: up to 18 hours with a full charge using the included batteries
- volume controls and bass boost button on headphones
- includes 2 "AAA" NiMH rechargeable batteries for the headphones (standard "AAA" may also be used)
- includes multi-country AC adapter for powering the transmitter
- frequency response: 18-21,000 Hz
- headset weight: 10.6 oz. (with batteries)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 505562
What's in the box:
- HDR 165 Over-the-ear wireless headphones (black)
- TR 165 wireless transmitter
- NT9-3AW AC adapter with attached 68" DC output cord (DC Output: 9V 300mA)
- 4 AC plug adapters (US / Euro / UK / Australia)
- 2 "AAA" rechargeable batteries (1.2V 820mAh)
- 7' Audio cable (3.5mm plugs on each end)
- Instruction Manuals on CD-ROM
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
- Compliance Information
Sennheiser RS 165 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sennheiser RS 165
Overview: The Sennheiser RS 165 Digital Wireless headphone system consists of a pair of wireless headphones (HDR 165) and a radio frequency (RF) transmitter (TR 165). The system is designed to enhance the sound of your TV or your home audio source, and to give you the freedom to walk around your home with the headphones on.
Wireless Headphones: The HDR 165's wireless headphones feature a circum-aural (around-the-ear), closed design to significantly reduce background noise. The soft-padded ear cups and headband provide hours of listening comfort. The headphones have controls on the right ear cup: power on/off, volume up, volume down, and bass (to activate the Dynamic Bass Boost feature). With the batteries installed, the HDR 165 headphones weigh approximately 10.5 ounces.
TR 165 Transmitter: The transmitter connects to your television's or audio system's audio output via the included 3.5mm cable. The audio is transmitted on the 2.4 GHz band (2.40 to 2.48 GHz) with 8-FSK Digital modulation. The transmitter can send signals to up to 2 pairs of headphones at the same time. Transmission range is approximately 98 feet (30 meters) without obstructions. (Typical performance with obstructions will be somewhat less.) The transmitter is powered by a 9-volt DC power supply/AC adapter. Adapter plugs for the US, Europe, UK, and Australia are provided, allowing for use in other countries. The transmitter doubles as a convenient charging cradle for the headphones. Transmitter dimensions: 4.96"W x 9.264"H x 3.96" D.
Rechargeable Batteries: The headphones are powered by the two included "AAA" rechargeable NiMH batteries (1.2V, 820mAh). The batteries fully charge in approximately 8.5 hours, when placed on the top of the transmitter. Battery life is approximately 18 hours of use. Standard, non-rechargeable "AAA" batteries may be used in the headphones, but the headphones must not be placed on the charging cradle.
Auto Power Off: If there is no signal from the transmitter for more than 5 minutes, the headphones automatically switch to standby mode. If the headphones are outside the transmission range or switched to off for more than 5 minutes, the transmitter automatically switches to standby mode.
Dynamic Bass Boost: The RS 165's Dynamic Bass Boost feature raises the intensity of the bass when activated. You can turn the Bass Boost on or off by pressing the Bass button on the transmitter, or on the headphones.
- Frequency Response: 18Hz - 21kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 106dB at 1kHz, 3% THD
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.5% at 1 kHz, 100dB SPL
- Transmission Range: Up to 30m (98'), line of sight
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked