About the Sennheiser RS 175
Immerse yourself in your TV experience without disturbing others
Immerse yourself in your TV experience without disturbing others
The RS 175 includes a comfortable pair of over-the-ear headphones and a wireless transmitter with a choice of virtual surround sound modes and dynamic bass boost.
Hear the squeaking shoes of late night hoops while the rest of the house sleeps. Enjoy an explosion-heavy action flick without getting phone calls from neighbors. The Sennheiser RS 175 headphone system puts you in the middle of the on-screen action with a choice of two virtual surround sound modes. Connect the included wireless transmitter to your TV or receiver's optical digital or analog output, put the headphones on, and listen to your show, movie, or game. No one else needs to hear a thing.
Listening to music is enjoyable, too. Move around your room freely while your tunes play. If you need a little more oomph, a dynamic bass boost button lets you add some low-frequency power.
Huge wireless range and rechargeable headset batteries
Need to run to the fridge, and don't want to miss important play-by-play or dialogue? Sennheiser's wireless link technology gives you a listening range of up to 328 feet. The headset and transmitter are paired at the factory, so there's no need to do it yourself. The headphones are powered by "AAA" rechargeable batteries (included). With the batteries inserted, just hang the headphones atop the transmitter and charging will automatically begin. You'll get up to 18 hours of use with a full charge.
Plush padding and earcup buttons for easy control
Comfort is important when choosing any headphones, especially if you use them to watch an entire movie or show. The RS 175's headset features thick padding on the headband and earcups, so you can enjoy its crystal-clear sound for long periods. If you need to adjust the volume, don't worry — you won't need to get up or mess with the TV remote. There are built-in volume buttons on the right earcup. That's where you'll also find buttons to toggle between surround sound modes and the dynamic bass boost.
Get an extra headset so you and someone else enjoy the same show.
- over-the-ear, closed-back design helps keep out external noise
- included wireless transmitter delivers high-quality audio to the headphones
- transmitter features an optical digital (Toslink) input and 3.5mm stereo minijack input for connecting from your TV or audio system (cables included)
- optical input does not accept Dolby Digital signals; TV must be set to output PCM audio
- wireless range: up to 328 feet (line of sight)
- selectable virtual surround sound modes add depth and atmosphere to movies and shows
- dynamic bass boost button increases low-frequency response
- multi-receiver mode enables two people to listen to the same source (requires additional compatible headset)
- transmitter also serves as a docking station to recharge the headphones
- battery life: up to 18 hours with a full charge using the included batteries
- volume controls, virtual surround sound, and dynamic bass boost button on headphones
- includes 2 "AAA" NiMH rechargeable batteries for the headphones (standard "AAA" may also be used)
- includes multi-country AC adapter for powering the transmitter
- 59" optical digital cable included
- 78" stereo mini cable included
- frequency response: 17-22,000 Hz
- headset weight: 10.9 oz. (with batteries)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 505563
What's in the box:
- HDR 175 Over-the-ear wireless headphones (black)
- TR 175 transmitter
- NT9-3AW AC adapter with attached 68" DC output cord (DC Output: 9V 300mA)
- 4 AC plug adapters (US / Euro / UK / Australia)
- 2 "AAA" rechargeable batteries (1.2V 820mAh)
- 5' Optical digital cable (Tos-Link connectors on each end)
- 7' Audio cable (3.5mm plugs on each end)
- Instruction Manuals on CD-ROM
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
- Compliance Information
Sennheiser RS 175 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sennheiser RS 175
Overview: The Sennheiser RS 175 Digital Wireless headphone system consists of a pair of wireless headphones (HDR 175) and a radio frequency (RF) transmitter (TR 175). The system is designed to enhance the sound of your TV or your home audio source, and to give you the freedom to walk around your home with the headphones on.
Wireless Headphones: The HDR 175's wireless headphones feature a circum-aural (around-the-ear), closed design to significantly reduce background noise. The soft-padded ear cups and headband provide hours of listening comfort. The headphones have controls on the right ear cup: power on/off, volume up, volume down, surround (to activate Virtual Surround Sound), and bass (to activate the Dynamic Bass Boost feature). With the batteries installed, the HDR 175 headphones weigh approximately 10.9 ounces.
TR 175 Transmitter: The transmitter connects to your television's or audio system's audio output via the included 3.5mm cable or optical digital cable (accepts 2ch PCM audio only). You can switch between the two inputs with a provided toggle switch. The audio is transmitted on the 2.4 GHz band (2.40 to 2.48 GHz) with 8-FSK Digital modulation. The transmitter can send signals to up to 2 pairs of headphones at the same time. The extended transmission range is approximately 328 feet (100 meters) without obstructions. (Typical performance with obstructions will be somewhat less.) The transmitter is powered by a 9-volt DC power supply/AC adapter. Adapter plugs for the US, Europe, UK, and Australia are provided, allowing for use in other countries. The transmitter doubles as a convenient charging cradle for the headphones. Transmitter dimensions: 4.96"W x 9.264"H x 3.96"D.
Rechargeable Batteries: The headphones are powered by the two included "AAA" rechargeable NiMH batteries (1.2V, 820mAh). The batteries fully charge in approximately 8.5 hours, when placed on the top of the transmitter. Battery life is approximately 18 hours of use. Standard, non-rechargeable "AAA" batteries may be used in the headphones, but the headphones must not be placed on the charging cradle.
Auto Power Off: If there is no signal from the transmitter for more than 5 minutes, the headphones automatically switch to standby mode. If the headphones are outside the transmission range or switched to off for more than 5 minutes, the transmitter automatically switches to standby mode.
Dynamic Bass Boost: The RS 175's Dynamic Bass Boost feature raises the intensity of the bass when activated. You can turn the Bass Boost on or off by pressing the Bass button on the transmitter, or on the headphones.
Virtual Surround Sound: The headphone system offers two virtual surround sound modes (Hi/Lo) that simulate the presence of external speakers. Special signal processing produces a spatial sound quality, with differences in intensity between the Hi and Lo modes. You can engage Virtual Surround Sound from the transmitter or the headphones.
- Frequency Response: 17Hz - 22kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 114dB at 1kHz, 3% THD
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.5% at 1 kHz, 100dB SPL
- Transmission Range: Up to 100m (328')
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
9 questions already asked