About the Sennheiser RS 180
Great headphone sound goes wireless
Great headphone sound goes wireless
Sennheiser's RS 180 wireless headphones let you enjoy superb sound that won't disturb family members or housemates. Advanced "Open-Aire" speaker technology delivers clear, natural-sounding detail, while the Automatic Level Control smooths out variances in volume — quiet dialog is easier to hear, and loud commercials and explosions are kept in check. The luxurious velour earpads sit around your ears to seal out external noise. And with a listening range of up to 320 feet, you can roam freely throughout your living area — make popcorn during TV commercials, look through a photo album in another room, or stay up for a late-night listening session while your spouse sleeps soundly next to you.
Exceptionally "Kleer™" wireless technology
The RS 180s use Kleer wireless technology to deliver uncompressed stereo sound. Unlike other wireless technologies, Kleer delivers lossless, CD-quality digital audio, which means you won't be able to tell the difference between these headphones and your wired ones. Multi-receiver mode allows up to four people using Sennheiser Kleer headphones to listen to the same audio source, so you can easily share music, movies, or TV shows with your friends and family. (Add-on HDR 180 headsets available separately.)
Never misplace your headphones with the multi-purpose transmitter
The multi-purpose transmitter keeps your headphones charged up and ready to go. It also doubles as a docking station, so you'll never forget where you put them. Wireless setup is easy — just connect the transmitter to a spare headphone jack or RCA audio output using the included cable. Then plug the transmitter into an AC power outlet. Automatic tuning does the rest, pairing with the headphones for interference-free sound.
- comfortable over-the-ear design with velour padded earcups and a padded, adjustable headband
- Kleer wireless technology delivers uncompressed stereo transmission over 2.4 GHz to 2.8 GHz wireless frequency range
- multi-receiver mode enables up to four people to listen to the same source using optional Sennheiser HDR 180 add-on headsets
- multi-purpose transmitter also functions as a charger and docking station for the headphones
- range: up to 320 feet
- high-performance "Open-Aire" drivers with neodymium magnets
- Automatic Level Control compensates for peaks and dips in the volume of your audio source
- headphones feature balance volume control for each earcup, on/off switch, and automatic pairing to transmitter
- frequency response: 18-21,000 Hz
- impedance: 32 ohms
- total harmonic distortion: <0.5% at 1 kHz
- 3.6-foot detachable audio cable with 1/8" mini headphone plug 1/4" adapter and RCA audio adapter also included
- includes multi-country AC power cable
- headphones use 2 "AAA" NiMH rechargeable batteries (included)
- weight: 7.6 oz. for headphones/receiver (without batteries); 7.6 oz. for transmitter (without batteries)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 502875
What's in the box:
- HDR-180 Wireless headphones
- TR-180 Transmitter
- 2 "AAA" Ni-MH rechargeable batteries (750 mAh)
- AC adapter (output 5V/500mA) with 57" cord
- 4 AC adapter plugs (US/EU/UK/AU)
- 44" Minijack cable
- 12" Minijack-to-RCA adapter cable (with a female 3.5mm connector on one end and male stereo RCA connectors on other end)
- 1/8" to 1/4" Adapter
- Instruction Manual CD-ROM
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
Sennheiser RS 180 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sennheiser RS 180
Overview: The Sennheiser RS 180 RF stereo hi-fi wireless headphone system offers transparent and balanced sound imaging with excellent bass response making it ideal for hi-fi, home cinema, and TV use. The Sennheiser RS 180 wireless headphone system is made up of a pair of wireless headphones (HDR 180) and a multi-purpose transmitter (TX 180) which also functions as an charging cradle and docking station. The RS 180 features Automatic Level Control which compensates for variances in the volume of program material to enhance speech intelligibility. The RS 180 utilizes Kleer's uncompressed digital wireless audio transmission, offering a range of up to 320 feet, audiophile-grade sound, and reception to four optional pairs of Sennheiser Kleer headphones. The Sennheiser RS 180 offers automatic, interference-free pairing between the headphone and transmitter.
Note: The 320' range is determined in optimum conditions, in an open area with no obstacles between the transmitter and headphones. Typical performance in a home environment will be somewhat less.
Kleer Wireless Transmission Technology: The Sennheiser RS 180 headphone system features the digital wireless audio transmission technology from Kleer (with a range up to 320'). Kleer technology transmits uncompressed audio over a robust 2.4 GHz digital link (2.4-2.8GHz), enabling you to enjoy your music without the hassle of cables. Kleer technology will not interfere with wireless networks or other 2.4 GHz devices. Kleer's uncompressed digital wireless transmission delivers CD-quality sound.
Wireless Headphones: The RS 180's wireless headphones utilizes an Open-Air speaker system that mimics the acoustic properties of hi-fi speakers for a truly immersing, realistic sound quality. The Open-Air speaker system delivers the most natural sounding private wireless audio experience possible. The over-the-ear design also prevents sound leakage. Velour earpads and an adjustable cushioned headband provide a comfortable fit. The headphones receive their wireless stereo audio signal from the included transmitter. The wireless headphones are powered by two supplied rechargeable NiMH AAA batteries (for up to 24 hrs). You can place the headphones on the multi-purpose transmitter to recharge the batteries (approx. 16 hrs).
Note: The headphones can also be powered by AAA alkaline (1.5V) batteries if the rechargeable batteries become exhausted.
Multi-Purpose Transmitter: The transmitter connects to your television's or audio system's audio output and then transmits the audio signal wirelessly to the RS 180's wireless headphones. The transmitter also functions as a charging cradle and docking station. The transmitter is powered by standard household AC current via the included AC power adapter.
Automatic Level Control: Automatic Level Control (ALC) automatically compensates for variances in program material volume for optimum speech intelligibility at all times.
Multi-Receiver Mode: Up to 4 Sennheiser Kleer-compatible headphones can be connected to one transmitter so 4 people can listen to the same sound source. Each headphone has independent volume controls when simultaneously paired with the transmitter.
Auto Power Off: If there is no signal from the transmitter for more than 5 minutes, the headphones automatically switch to standby mode. If the headphones are outside the transmission range or switched to off for more than 5 minutes, the transmitter automatically switches to standby mode.
- Multi-Function: With the multi-function button, you can switch the transmitter on, to standby mode, set the transmitter to multi-user operation, and associate the transmitter.
- ALC: Activates the Automatic Level Control function.
- Attenuator: The attenuator switch allows you to select 0dB or -8dB to match the incoming audio signal of your audio source for optimal sound performance.
- Multi-Function: With the multi-function button, you can switch the headphones on, to standby mode, set the headphones to multi-user operation, mute the headphones, and associate the headphones.
- Balance: Balance control for right/left volume adjustment.
- Volume: Allows you to increase the volume of the headphones.
- Audio In: 3.5mm input to connect to your TV using the supplied mini-jack cable or optional mini-jack to RCA cable.
- Charging Contacts: Interfaces with charging contacts on headset to charge the AAA NiMH batteries.
- DC Input: For use with supplied AC adapter.
- Charging Contacts: Interfaces with charging contacts on transmitter to charge the AAA NiMH batteries.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
11 questions already asked