About the Sennheiser RS 185
Rich, balanced sound with wireless convenience
Rich, balanced sound with wireless convenience
The RS 185 includes a comfortable pair of over-the-ear, open-back headphones and a wireless transmitter with manual level and balance controls.
Serious about listening to music, but don't want to wake the neighbors or stay stuck next to your stereo? The Sennheiser RS 185 wireless headphone system gives you a high-fidelity listening experience with the freedom to move around. The included transmitter plugs directly into your stereo's analog or optical digital output, and sends high-quality, uncompressed audio signals wirelessly to the headset.
Roam freely wearing the included over-the-ear headphones. Their open-back design gives you a clear, natural-sounding listening experience. Manual level and balance controls let you dial in your personal settings. And while the RS 185 headphones were made with music in mind, you'll hear movies and TV shows with clarity and wireless convenience too.
Huge wireless range and rechargeable headset batteries
You can head to the fridge without missing a beat of music. Sennheiser's wireless link technology gives you a listening range of up to 328 feet. The headset and transmitter are paired at the factory, so there's no need to do it yourself. The headphones are powered by "AAA" rechargeable batteries (included). With the batteries inserted, just hang the headphones atop the transmitter and charging will automatically begin. You'll get up to 18 hours of use with a full charge.
Soft, plush padding and earcup buttons for easy controlComfort is important when choosing any headphones, but especially those used for extended listening sessions. The RS 185's lightweight headset features thick padding on the headband and soft earcups, so you can enjoy its detailed sound for long periods. If you need to adjust the volume, don't worry — you won't need to get up or mess with a remote. There are built-in volume buttons on the right earcup, along with balance and level controls.
- over-the-ear, open-back design offers spacious sound
- included wireless transmitter delivers high fidelity audio to the headphones
- transmitter features an optical digital (Toslink) input and 3.5mm stereo minijack input for connecting from your TV or audio system (cables included)
- wireless range: up to 328 feet (line of sight)
- optimized for listening to music
- fine tune your listening experience with manual level and balance control
- multi-receiver mode enables two people to listen to the same source (requires additional compatible headset)
- transmitter also serves as a docking station to recharge the headphones
- battery life: up to 18 hours with a full charge using the included batteries
- volume, level, and balance controls on headphones
- includes 2 "AAA" NiMH rechargeable batteries for the headphones (standard "AAA" may also be used)
- includes multi-country AC adapter for powering the transmitter
- 59" optical digital cable included
- 78" stereo mini cable included
- frequency response: 17-22,000 Hz
- headset weight: 10.9 oz. (with batteries)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 505564
What's in the box:
- HDR 185 Over-the-ear wireless headphones (black)
- TR 185 transmitter
- NT9-3AW AC adapter with attached 68" DC output cord (DC Output: 9V 300mA)
- 4 AC plug adapters (US / Euro / UK / Australia)
- 2 "AAA" rechargeable batteries (1.2V 820mAh)
- 5' Optical digital cable (Tos-Link connectors on each end)
- 4' Audio cable (stereo RCA plugs on each end)
- Instruction Manuals on CD-ROM
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
- Compliance Information
Sennheiser RS 185 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sennheiser RS 185
Overview: The Sennheiser RS 185 Digital Wireless headphone system consists of a pair of wireless headphones (HDR 185) and a radio frequency (RF) transmitter (TR 185). The system is designed to enhance the sound of your home audio source, and to give you the freedom to walk around your home with the headphones on.
Wireless Headphones: The HDR 185's wireless headphones feature an open, circumaural (around-the-ear) design. The soft-padded ear cups and headband provide hours of listening comfort. The headphones have controls on the right ear cup: power on/off, volume up, volume down, balance left, balanced right, and level (for selecting manual and automatic level control). With the batteries installed, the HDR 185 headphones weigh approximately 11 ounces.
Analog/Digital Inputs: The RS 185 Digital Wireless headphone system can accept both analog and optical digital input signals. The digital input can only accept PCM signals with a sampling rate of up to 96kHz--it is not compatible with digital bitstream signals. The TR 185 transmitter has analog stereo RCA and digital Toslink input connectors, and includes both analog and digital cables.
TR 185 Transmitter: The system transmits audio on the 2.4 GHz band (2.40 to 2.48 GHz) with 8-FSK Digital modulation. The extended transmission range is approximately 328 feet (100 meters) without obstructions. (Typical performance with obstructions will be somewhat less.) The transmitter is powered by a 9-volt DC power supply/AC adapter. Adapter plugs for the US, Europe, UK, and Australia are provided, allowing for use in other countries. The transmitter doubles as a convenient charging cradle for the headphones. Transmitter dimensions: 4.96"W x 9.264"H x 3.96"D.
Level Control: There are two modes for setting the analog signal input level: Automatic Level Control (ALC) and Manual Level Control (MLC). When set to ALC, the sensitivity of the analog input is adjusted automatically to avoid undesirable volume jumps when switching from one audio device to another, or from one music track to another. You can switch between ALC and MLC by pressing the Level button on the headphones or the transmitter.
Balance Control: The left/right audio balance can be adjusted by pressing the Balance Left or Balanced Right buttons on the headphones until the balance is set to your liking. You can center the balance by pressing both buttons simultaneously.
Rechargeable Batteries: The headphones are powered by the two included "AAA" rechargeable NiMH batteries (1.2V, 820mAh). The batteries fully charge in approximately 8.5 hours, when placed on the top of the transmitter. Battery life is approximately 18 hours of use. Standard, non-rechargeable "AAA" batteries may be used in the headphones, but the headphones must not be placed on the charging cradle.
Auto Power Off: If there is no signal from the transmitter for more than 5 minutes, the headphones automatically switch to standby mode. If the headphones are outside the transmission range or switched to off for more than 5 minutes, the transmitter automatically switches to standby mode.
- Frequency Response: 17Hz - 22kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 106dB at 1kHz, 3% THD
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.5% at 1 kHz, 100dB SPL
- Transmission Range: Up to 100m (328')
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked