Sennheiser XSW 1-835-A
XS Series wireless cardioid microphone system (548-572 MHz, "A" band)
Item # 143XS183A | MFR # 507115
$299.95 Earn up to 300 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Consult a pro audio advisor
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Sennheiser XSW 1-835-A by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Free and easy
To make the most of your time onstage, you need the freedom of movement you can only get with a wireless microphone system. It can be tough to get into wireless, though, because many wireless systems are expensive and need complicated programming. Sennheiser's XSW 1-835 wireless microphone system offers their legendary sound quality in a simple-to-use system that's easy on your budget.
Hours of power
The XSW 1-835 system includes the EM-XSW 1 receiver and the SKM 835-XSW handheld microphone/transmitter. The transmitter features Sennheiser's e835 cardioid mic capsule, the heart of their best-selling vocal microphone. The transmitter runs for up to ten hours on two AA batteries. Four-stage indicators monitor your battery's charge level.
The receiver scans automatically for available frequencies and syncs with the transmitter automatically via an infrared interface. The receiver's true diversity reception gives you a dependable connection with the transmitter, while the frequency bank system offers 10 compatible frequencies per bank for simple matching. The receiver's rugged ABS case protects it from the bumps of life on stage.
- wireless handheld mic system with microphone/transmitter and single-channel receiver
- includes receiver power supply, mic clip, and two AA batteries
- e835 cardioid microphone capsule
- transmitter and receiver displays monitor battery life
- XLR and 1/4" receiver outputs
- battery life: up to ten hours on two AA batteries
- frequency response: 80-16,000 Hz
- receiver: 7-7/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 6"D
- transmitter: 2" diameter x 10-7/16"L
- receiver: 12 oz.
- transmitter: 8-9/16 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- One SKM 835-XSW Wireless microphone
- One EMXSW1 Wireless receiver
- MZQ 1 Microphone stand adapter (3/8" thread)
- NT 12-5 CW Power supply w/70" cord (DC output: 12V/ 500mA)
- 3 Outlet adapters for power supply (USA
- 2 AA batteries
- Specification booklet (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
- Quickstart guide
- Safety guide (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
- Frequency chart
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Sennheiser XSW 1-835-A is an easy to use wireless microphone system designed for singers and presenters, featuring their renowned super dynamic cardioid microphone capsule. The updated receiver features a clean and intuitive front panel that allows you to simply power it on and let its automatic frequency management do the rest.
System: Operating in the A frequency range (548 - 572 MHz), the system utilizes wideband FM with up to 24 MHz of switching bandwidth. Eight frequency banks are available, each with up to 10 factory preset channels. The overall signal-to-noise ratio is ≥ 103dBA with THD at ≤0.9%.
Microphone/Transmitter: The included SKM 835-XSW microphone is a dynamic mic with a cardioid pattern, making it ideal for picking up the person speaking while rejecting sounds from the sides and back. It includes a built-in wireless transmitter, eliminating the need for a separate transmitter pack, and is housed in a rugged ABS body with a metal-mesh windscreen. The microphone features a quick Mute On/Off button along with a small LCD display showing the Bank, Channel, Frequency, and Battery Level. A main Power button and a Sync button are also accessible on the bottom end of the mic. Unscrewing the bottom half of the mic accesses the battery compartment for the 2 AA batteries (included) along with a 4-position attenuation switch for different types of signals:
- 0 dB: Used for normal speaking level.
- -10 dB: Used for loud singing.
- -20 dB: Ideal for miking lower SPL acoustic instruments.
- -30 dB: Ideal for miking loud instruments such as brass.
Receiver: The EM-XSW1 receiver operates on the double superheterodyne principle and offers diversity antenna switching of the internal antennas. The receiver can be set to automatically scan for an available channel, or the channel can be set manually.
- Front Panel: Controls include Volume +/-, Channel +/-, Set/Scan, and a Sync button for syncing the microphone to the receiver. Two 7-segment LEDs display the Bank and Channel numbers along with three illuminated icons displaying Battery Level, an Antenna icon indicating whether the transmitter is synced to the receiver, and a Sensitivity icon that lights green if the signal level is good or lights amber to indicate a clipped or overdriven signal.
- Rear Panel: The rear panel includes a balanced XLR output along with an unbalanced 1/4" output jack, both of which can have their output levels changed with the corresponding Mic/Line switch. Along with the Power input, the rear panel also includes a Squelch dial. Squelch is the ability of the transmitter/receiver to suppress or mute the channel if the signal level weakens enough. This helps keep out unwanted channel noise and stray signals from other wireless devices, especially when there's no signal being sent from the Mic/Transmitter.
- Modulation: Wideband FM
- Frequency Range: (A) 548 - 572 MHz
- Switching Bandwidth: Up to 24 MHz
- Frequencies: 8 Banks, each with up to 10 factory preset channels
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: ≥ 103 dBA
- THD: ≤ 0.9%
- Transmitter Synchronization: 2.4 GHz, low power OQPSK (only active during synchronization)
- Receiver Principle: Double superheterodyne
- Diversity Principle: Antenna switching diversity via internal antennas
- Sensitivity (at peak deviation): < 3μV at 52 dB(A) rms S/N
- AF Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 16k Hz (-3 dB)
- Max. AF Output Voltage (at peak
deviation, 1 kHz AF):
- 1/4" (unbalanced): +6 dBu
- XLR (balanced): +12 dBu
- Audio Adjustment Range: 45 dB, adjustable in 5 dB steps
- Squelch: Adjustable from 3 dBμV to 28 dBμV (combined with pilot tone)
- Line/Mic Level: 20 dB, switchable
- Housing: ABS
- Power Supply: 12 VDC / 500 mA
- Dimensions: Width - 7.875", Height - 1.75", Depth - 6.0" (incl. power cord)
- Weight: 12 oz.
- RF Output Power: 10 mW
- AF Frequency Response: 80 Hz - 16 kHz
- Microphone Type: Dynamic
- Input Sensitivity (capsule): 1.5 mV/Pa
- Pickup Pattern: Cardioid
- Transmitter Sensitivity Range: 0 to -30 dB, adjustable in 10 dB steps
- Housing: ABS
- Operating Time: Approximately 10 hours
- Dimensions: Diameter - 2.0", Length - 10.43"
- Weight: 8.6 oz.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.