About the Sennheiser Portable ENG Set
Switch between sources
Switch between sources
Sennheiser has created the XSW-D series as a small, lightweight, easy-to-use solution for videographers and musicians who want the flexibility of wireless without the hassle and expense of a big, bulky transmitter and receiver. The XSW-D Portable ENG Set features two transmitters and a clip-on microphone, giving you flexibility when capturing audio with your digital SLR camera.
Choose your best option
The Portable ENG Set features two compact, lightweight transmitter modules which let you use different microphones. One transmitter is equipped with a male XLR connector for use with dynamic microphones (sold separately), and one comes with a 1/8" screw-on input jack that connects to the set's clip-on mic. The modules are paired with the receiver at the factory, so they're ready to go as soon as you power them up, and fit easily into your equipment case. The transmitter's Mute buttons let you mute the audio signal from the transmitter in use so you can block out background noise.
The Portable ENG Set's companion receiver mounts to your digital SLR camera's cold shoe accessory mount with a convenient adapter, and plugs into the camera's 1/8" audio input jack using a short coiled cable. The transmitter and receiver are powered by internal lithium-ion batteries with up to five hours of battery life per charge which are recharged using the included USB-A to USB-C cable. A single control button serves as an on/off switch and also allows you to mute either module.
The system uses a 2.4 GHz connection for crystal-clear sound quality with a range of up to 250 feet, giving you plenty of room to work. When you need different types of microphones for a challenging project, the Portable ENG Set could be just the help you need.
- digital wireless microphone system for on-camera interviews
- receiver connects to SLR cameras with 1/8" input
- receiver connects to one transmitter at a time
- 2 transmitters:
- 1 plugs into any dynamic microphone with an XLR connector
- 1 connects to included clip-on microphone with 1/8" jack
- operating range: 250' (line of sight)
- operates on 2.4 GHz frequency band
- built-in Li-Ion batteries with up to 5 hours life per charge
- transmitters: 4-1/16"L x 1"W x 1-1/8" D (XLR), 3-3/8"W x 1"W x 1-1/8" D (1/8" jack)
- receiver: 3-3/8"W x 1-7/8"H x 1-1/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 508490
What's in the box:
- TX 35 Transmitter (female 1/8" jack)
- TX XLR Transmitter (female XLR jack)
- RX 35 Receiver (female 1/8" jack)
- ME2-II Lavalier microphone (attached 66" cable with 1/8" male locking connector)
- Lapel clip
- 16" Coiled cable (male 1/8" connector on one end / male locking 1/8" connector on other end)
- Threaded cold shoe mount
- Belt clip
- 40" USB cable (Type-A on one end / type-C on other end / 2.0)
- 1 Sheet stick-on labels
- Quick guide
- Safety instructions
More details on the Sennheiser Portable ENG Set
Overview: The Sennheiser XSW-D Portable ENG Set features 2 wireless transmitters, a wireless receiver, and a lapel-worn lavalier microphone, designed for recording audio for interviews and podcasts. With one-touch ease-of-use, the XSW-D is the perfect solution for capturing dialogue on a DSLR camera.
Transmitters: The XSW-D Portable ENG Set includes 2 wireless transmitters;
- TX 35: One transmitter features an 1/8" audio input for use with the included lapel-worn lavalier microphone. The mic's connector includes a threaded locking collar for securing the 1/8" jack in place, helping prevent inadvertant unplugging during use. Each transmitter has a USB-C port for charging the internal battery. A convenient transmitter belt-clip is included for use with the lavalier microphone.
- TX XLR: The second transmitter features a female XLR socket for direct attachement to the base of a dynamic microphone (not included) for recording from the mic. This also has a USB-C port for charging the internal battery.
RX 35 Receiver: A single receiver module is included with a female 1/8" socket for connection to the audio input on a camera for recording. An included coiled-cable with 1/8" connectors on each end can be used to connect the receiver to a camera's audio inupt. A cold shoe mount is provided for mounting the receiver to a camera for recording. Operational range between transmitters and receiver is up to 250 ft. (under optimal conditions).
ME2-II Lavalier Microphone: The Sennheiser XSW-D Portable ENG Set includes a compact lavalier microphone along with a lapel-clip for attachment to a shirt or blouse. The omnidirectional mic includes an attached 66" cable with an 1/8" male jack with locking collar.
Charging: Both transmitters and the receiver features an internal 3.7V Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery and a USB-C port for charging the battery. Battery capacity is 850mAh providing operation time of up to 5 hrs. Typical charging time for a depleted battery is approx. 3 hrs. A 40" USB cable is included for charging (Type-A to type-C, 2.0). Both transmitters and receiver have an LED status indicator that will provide the approximate remaining battery charge with the following indications:
- Solid Green: 100%
- Flashing Green: >75%
- Flashing Yellow: 5% - 75%
- Flashing Red: <5%
Pairing: Transmitters and receiver in the set are pre-paired at the factory and are ready for immediate use. A wireless 2.4GHz connection is established once the transmitter and receiver are switched on and within range of each other. Up to 4 transmitters can be paired to a receiver, but only one can be used at a time. The other transmitters must be switched off in the meantime.
Labels: A small sheet of multi-colored stick-on labels are provided for convenient identification of transmitters, receiver, and signal flow.