About the NavAtlas DXP1000DVR
Trick out your Polaris RZR with this 7" entertainment center
Trick out your Polaris RZR with this 7" entertainment center
The off-road experts at NavAtlas know that part of the fun of exploring is sharing your adventures with others. The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR is much more than a handsome radio with a 7" high-resolution display; it boasts a built-in digital video recorder and comes with a pair of rugged HD cameras so you can keep a copy of your excursions for posterity. You also get access to music from the radio, a thumb drive, or your phone. And this command center's specially designed to fit in your 2015-up Polaris RZR 900 or 2014-up RZR 1000 side-by-side.
Ready for the great outdoors
The DXP1000DVR receiver features a 7" LCD screen with protective glass that'll let the picture shine through varying weather conditions but keep it safe from the elements. The receiver's UV-resistant exterior resists fading, and its conformal-coated PC board is able to withstand a good soaking from water or other liquids. It'll work through vibration forces up to 10G, so you can take the roughest trail around without fear. The cameras boast a clear plastic, IP66-rated housing, which means they're protected totally from dust and resistant to high-pressure water jets. That doesn't make them or the receiver completely submersible, but they'll keep on ticking if you take your RZR through some particularly muddy terrain or a wild rainstorm.
Built-in 2-channel HD DVR
The receiver's 2-channel digital video recorder captures the action in full high definition from each camera simultaneously so you don't have to choose one angle to film your rides. You can record uninterrupted in selectable increments of one, five, or ten minutes, or continuously until your memory cards are full. And you'll be able to see the camera footage on the DXP1000DVR's screen live or review it after your ride is over.
Take your media mobile
There's no CD player in the DXP1000DVR, so you can leave your discs at home and enjoy your much larger (and lighter!) digital music collection out in nature. With built-in Bluetooth, you get the safety and convenience of audio streaming and hands-free calling with compatible smartphones and music players.
You'll enjoy plenty of options for entertainment and information with this receiver, highlighted by an HDMI input. You can also listen to your favorite AM/FM stations or play music or video stored on a USB drive.
Mirror your Android™ phone's display
The DXP1000DVR allows screen mirroring of select Android smartphone displays through two methods:
- Screen mirroring and two-way control is enabled through the included Wi-FI dongle and a Bluetooth connection.
- Screen mirroring only is enabled through a wired HDMI/MHL connection. This also works for select Apple products.
Fits like a glove
The DXP1000DVR's designed to go right in the dash of your 2014-up RZR Polaris 900 or 1000. You can install it without heavy modifications and enjoy a factory look in your side-by-side. This receiver does not have a built-in amplifier, but it does have a full complement of 4-volt preamp outputs, ready to supply a powerful signal to your marine-rated amplifiers, including the NavAtlas BMA475.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- 7" digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner and two HD action cameras
- custom-fit receiver for 2014-up Polaris RZR 900/1000 side-by-side vehicles
- 6-channel 4-volt preamp outputs (no built-in amplifier)
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming and hands-free calling with a compatible phone (external microphone included)
- Wi-Fi dongle included for screen mirroring with select mobile devices
- conformal-coated PCB circuit board
- global AM/FM tuner
- 2-channel high-definition DVR records in selectable 1-, 5-, or 10-minute increments, or continuously
- four auxiliary switches for add-on 12-volt accessories (optional relay box required)
- inputs: 2 rear USB inputs (one for charging only); HDMI input; rear 3.5mm A/V input; rear-view camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- PathAway navigation app recommended for outdoor GPS directions with screen mirroring available for Android and iOS devices
Other Features and Specs:
- IP66 rated: sealed against dust and jets of water
- vibration tested up to 10G
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DXP1000DVR
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver
- Wiring harness
- 2 Action cameras (in waterproof housings)
- 2 Camera mounting brackets (w/ 3 attachments each)
- WiFi/HDMI dongle (DMH25)
- 2 Microphones w/ self-adhesive brackets (attached 6.5' cables)
- 2 Mic clips
- 13' microUSB camera cable
- 6.5' microUSB camera cable
- 43" microUSB-to-USB cable
- 6" HDMI extension cable
- Switch control harness
- Screen protector
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation/Owner's Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NavAtlas DXP1000DVR
Polaris RZR 900/1000 Direct-Fit: The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR is a direct-fit for select Polaris RZR 900 and 1000 series side-by-side ATVs.
- 2014-2017 Polaris RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP Turbo / RZR S 1000 / RZR XP 4 1000 / RZR XP 4 Turbo
- 2015-2017 Polaris RZR 900 / RZR 900 XC / RZR S 900 / RZR 4 900
Note: Even though the DXP1000DVR is a direct fit, it is not plug-and-play. You will need to hardwire power & ground. The power wire contains an inline 5A fuse. You also need the factory radio bracket and hardware (not included).
Rugged Construction: The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR has been engineered for the rigorous environment that these all-terrain vehicles are exposed to. It's waterproof (IP66-rated) and shock resistant (10G vibration tested).
7" Shockproof Capacitive Touchscreen: The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR is equipped with a 7" shockproof capacitive touchscreen that has a video resolution of 1024 (h) x 600 (v). The capacitive touchscreen provide fast, precise control. You can choose between 3 wallpaper background images.
DVR with Two Action Cameras: The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR comes with two waterproof action cameras, a wired microphone and a built-in DVR for simultaneous live viewing and audio/video recording. The two action cameras feature a CMOS Sony IMX322 lens with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and a view angle of 150° horizontal x 120° vertical. The cameras include swivel mounting brackets for up to 2" bars. The built-in DVR will record up to 1080p video and mono-audio continuously or in preset intervals (1, 5, or 10 minutes). Audio/Video is recorded on to a microSD/SDHC memory card (sold separately) up to 128GB. The microSD card slot is located on the front-panel of the unit (there is no built-in memory).
DualMirror (Screen Mirroring): The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR can wirelessly "mirror" your Apple iPhone (iOS 4.2+) or Android smartphone (Jelley Bean 4.2+) through the included DMH25 WiFi dongle that plugs into the receiver's rear-panel HDMI input and USB charging port. You'll be able to listen to audio from stored music and music apps, watch video from stored movies and movie apps, and view navigation apps on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS smartphone. If you prefer a hardwired connection, you can connect your compatible Apple iOS or MHL-enabled Android device to the unit's HDMI and USB port directly (you will need to purchase additional cables - see below).
- Apple iOS Connectivity: If you have a iPhone 5 or newer with the Lightning connector, you will need Apple's Lightning Digital AV adapter, Apple's Lightning-to-USB cable, and Dual's mobile-grade DL5i HDMI cable or other HDMI cable (all sold separately).
- Android Connectivity: Most MHL-enabled Android devices, will require Dual's microUSB 5-pin to HDMI/USB cable (070SL55A, sold separately). If you have a Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5 or Note II/III/IV, you will also need 5-pin to 11-pin adapter (sold separately - not available at Crutchfield). Click here for a complete list of MHL-compatible smartphones.
- The HDMI input and USB charging port are attached to the rear-chassis via a 39" cables.
- When installing the included DMH25, there are firmware updates available on the Dual website which are required for Apple iPhones running iOS 9.0+ or iOS 10.0+.
DualMirror 2-Way App (for Android): Download the DualMirror 2-Way App onto your Android smartphone (Jelly Bean 4.2+) to allow control of the smartphone from the DXP100DVR's touchscreen. In addition to WiFi connectivity through the DMH25 dongle or HDMI/USB connectivity, the DualMirror 2-Way App requires a wireless Bluetooth connection between your compatible Android smartphone and the NavAtlas DXP100DVR.
Note: Apple iPhone does not support the DualMirror 2-Way app, so you cannot control it from the receiver's touchscreen. Some Android devices or Android apps will not support the DualMirror 2-Way app or control from the head unit. These non-compatible 2-way devices will require control from the mobile phone's touchscreen.
Built-In Bluetooth: The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR offers built-in Bluetooth 3.0 with support for hands-free phone communication (HFP) and wireless music streaming (A2DP/AVRCP). You can only pair and connect one Bluetooth source device at a time with the DXP1000DVR. Once a device is paired, it will connect automatically when it is within wireless range (up to 30') of the system.
- Hands-Free Phone Communication: You can answer and make call from the unit's touchscreen. You can simply tap the touchscreen to answer or end call. The touchscreen can also be used to make a call by entering the number manually, selecting a contact from your downloaded phonebook, or selecting a number from your recent call list. Your side of the conversation is handled by the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your speakers.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: You'll be able to stream audio from stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet device to the DXP1000DVR. You can control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track from the unit's touchscreen. The LCD touchscreen will also display song/artist/album information (no album art).
Dual USB Inputs: The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR is equipped with two rear-panel USB (type-A) inputs that are attached to rear-chassis via 39" cables. One of the USB ports is used for audio/video playback, while the other is used for charging only. The USB input that supports audio/video is compatible USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices with video up to 1080p and MP3/WMA music files (song/artist info & album art supported). The USB charging port offers fast USB charging (5V/2.3A) for your smartphone or tablet device.
AV Input: The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR is fitted with a 3.5mm AV input for connecting an external audio/video source device.
AM/FM Tuner: The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR features a built-in AM/FM tuner with seek and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM presets & 12 AM presets. The AM/FM tuner offers US & European tuning, as well as RDS. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
4V/6Ch Line-Outputs: The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR is outfitted with 4-volt, 6-channel line-outputs (Front, Rear, & Sub) to connect an external power amplifier (sold separately). The front & rear line-outputs are fading, while the sub out is non-fading.
Note: This unit is not equipped with a built-in amplifier. A separate amplifier is required and sold separately.
Audio Controls: The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR provides Tone, Subwoofer, EQ, Loudness, & Fader/Balance controls to tailor the sound to your musical preference.
- EQ Presets: You can choose between 5 EQ presets - Jazz, Classic, Pop, Rock, or User. The User mode allows you to manually adjust Bass, Midrange, and Treble.
- Sub Control: The receiver's subwoofer line-output offers level control (-12 to + 12) and a variable crossover (80/120/16Hz or Flat).
- Loudness: The Loudness setting (High, Low, or Off) is used to emphasize low and high frequencies at lower volume levels.
Note: You can set the unit to output a beep tone to confirm operation.
Optional Relay Box: The DXP1100DVR is equipped with four 12V switch Aux triggers that can be connected to the NavAtlas RBX4 4-port relay box (145RXB4, sold separately) for control of up to four different 12-volt accessories.
Optional Backup Camera: The NavAtlas DXP1000DVR features a composite video camera input for adding an optional backup camera (sold separately). A reverse trigger wire (pink) allows the unit to automatically switch to the backup camera input when your ATV is put in reverse gear.
3 questions already asked