About the NavAtlas NAV160 SkyPro™
Augment the GPS capability of your devices
Augment the GPS capability of your devices
When you're on the go over sea or land — or even in the air — the last thing you want is the GPS tracking of your tablet, smartphone, or laptop to fail. And if you've got a Wi-Fi® only tablet or iPod touch®, you don't even have that capability to begin with in most cases. The NAV160 SkyPro GPS receiver from NavAtlas not only boosts the GPS capability and speed of your device without the aid of spotty cell service, it also comes protected in a waterproof housing, so you can take it on the water or into inclement weather without worry.
Robust waterproof case
The NAV160 boasts a clear plastic, IP66-rated housing, which means it's protected totally from dust and resistant to high-pressure water jets. That doesn't make it completely submersible, but it'll keep on ticking if you're out on your boat and a big wave comes splashing through or if you take your ATV through some particularly muddy terrain.
Works with all kinds of devices
The compact NAV160 receiver communicates GPS information to your portable device using Bluetooth. It works with a large variety of portables, including:
- all iOS devices with Bluetooth
- iPhone® 3G and newer
- all iPad® and iPad mini® models
- iPod touches 2nd generation and newer
- plus many other smartphones and tablets
It features a built-in rechargeable battery to stay energized. Once you've done an initial setup with your device, this little receiver pairs up automatically so you can get going without any annoying delays.
A jack of all trades
You can use the NAV160 with apps for navigation, geocaching, aviation, golfing, and more. It can pair with up to five Bluetooth devices using the same platform (iOS or Android™) at the same time, so you can get your co-pilot and crew in on the fun. And if reception from normal GPS satellites ever becomes an issue temporarily, the NAV160 can receive signals from Russia's GLONASS satellite navigation system, which provides accurate location tracking around the world.
SkyPro GPS Status Tool app
The SkyPro GPS Status Tool app from Dual plays well with the NAV160 — download the app to your device and you'll be able to check the receiver's status, including the number of satellites the receiver is picking up, the signal strength of each satellite, battery level, and device connection confirmation. The app also lets you control the NAV160's automatic route recording feature, which logs your journey details and lets you export them to other devices for review. The receiver includes a non-skid pad for use in the car, plane, train, or boat. Maximum range is 33 feet, giving you plenty of flexibility for placement.
So "appy" together
Once you're up and running, you can use hundreds of compatible GPS- and location-based apps on your device with confidence, as the NavAtlas receiver dramatically improves GPS accuracy. If you're using a Wi-Fi-only tablet or laptop, this receiver supplies GPS info so you can use navigation apps in your car without having to use 3G or 4G signals. You'll find new and exciting uses for your apps, including those mentioned above as well as marine, running, hiking, cycling, and more. A list of fully tested compatible apps can be found at Dual's website.
Ready for adventure in all kinds of environments
The receiver locates your position anywhere around the world in less than 30 seconds when properly placed, and updates position up to ten times per second. Since you're not using your device's built-in GPS receiver, you'll extend battery life on your device when it's connected to the NAV160. Its battery lasts up to 10 hours on a full charge, and you can conveniently power up with the included USB cable or 12-volt adapter. The receiver's also built to withstand extreme temperatures, rapid speeds, and high altitudes.
- universal Bluetooth GPS receiver with waterproof housing
- built-in rechargeable battery with up to 10 hours of life
- 12-volt charger, USB charging cable, and non-slip dashboard pad included
- works with most Bluetooth-enabled devices, including Apple iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone, plus Android and Windows tablets and smartphones
- compatible with Dual's SkyPro GPS Status Tool app to show GPS diagnostics on your compatible smart device
- compatible with hundreds of location-based apps, including car and marine navigation, aviation, golfing, geocaching, fitness, and social media
- pairs automatically to up to five devices at a time after initial setup devices must use same operating platform
- automatic route recording
- can receive signals from GPS and GLONASS satellites
- GPS accuracy: +/- 2.5 meters
- Bluetooth range: 33 feet
- waterproof rating: IP66 (dustproof and resistant to high-pressure liquid jets from any direction)
Other Features and Specs:
- dimensions: 2-3/4"W x 7/8"H x 2-3/16"D
- weight: 2.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NAV160
What's in the box:
- SkyPro GPS receiver
- Waterproof case
- Cigarette lighter adapter with USB port
- 62" miniUSB-to-USB cable
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Card
NavAtlas NAV160 SkyPro™ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NavAtlas NAV160 SkyPro™
SkyPro GPS Receiver: The NavAtlas NAV160 SkyPro GPS Receiver provides highly accurate GPS data to compatible Bluetooth-enabled smartphones and tablets. The NAV160 is a small, portable receiver that is ideal for cars, airplanes, and boats. The unit works with hundreds of apps that requires location information; including apps for aviation, car and marine navigation, golfing, geocaching, hiking, and many others.
Highly Accurate GPS: The NAV160 includes a high-sensitivity WAAS GPS receiver with a built-in antenna that provide fast location acquisition, and position updates up to 10 times per second. The unit works simultaneously with GPS (USA) and GLONASS (Russian) location systems. The location information is wirelessly transmitted via Bluetooth to your device.
- Accuracy: +/-2.5m (CEP)
- Maximum Speed: 1,000 kts / 1150 mph
- Maximum Altitude: 20,000 m / 65,600 ft
SkyPro GPS Status Tool App: The SkyPro GPS Status Tool Application for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0+ gives you detailed information from the NAV160 on your smartphone or tablet device. The app displays accurate location data (latitude, longitude, altitude), a list of satellites being received including signal strength, Position Confidence (a rating of horizontal, vertical, and 3D positioning), and the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you are in motion, the app will indicate your speed and heading. It can also indicate the battery status (in percentage) of the NAV160.
GPS Data Logging: The SkyPro has an automatic route recording feature that can be activated on the unit or the SkyPro GPS Status Tool app. The unit can record up to 20 hours of GPS position data. The app can download all of the routes the GPS has recorded, listing them by date and time the trip started. Routes can be viewed online using most any website that accepts route data in KML format, such as Google Earth.
Compatible Devices: The NavAtlas NAV160 is compatible with the following devices -
- Apple iOS: iPad, iPhone, & iPod touch
- Bluetooth-enabled Smartphones and Tablets: many Android, Blackberry, or Windows devices
- Laptops: running OS X or Windows
Wireless Bluetooth Connectivity: The NAV160 wirelessly sends GPS data to up to five Bluetooth-enabled devices simultaneously. It takes less than a minute to pair your device with the NAV160, and the receiver will remember your device the next time you want to use it. The unit is compatible with Bluetooth Version 2.1+EDR. Bluetooth has an operating range of approximately 33 feet.
LED Indicators: The NavAtlas NAV160 features 8 LED indicators.
- Low Battery: This light will flash red when the battery level is low and the device requires charging. During charging, the light will glow red and it will change to green when charging is complete. This light is normally off while the NAV160 is running.
- Bluetooth Status: There are 5 blue lights, one for each possible device that the unit will pair with. When the light flashes, the NAV160 is searching for a device to connect to. A solid blue glow indicates the NAV160 has successfully paired with a device.
- GPS Status: The GPS indicator will flash green while the NAV160 is searching for satellite signals. The light will change to a steady green when your location is successfully determined.
- Log: When the unit is actively recording your position into a downloadable log, the LOG light will glow orange.
Built-in Rechargeable Battery: The NavAtlas NAV160 has a 1400mAh built-in rechargeable battery that lasts up to 10 hours of continuous use. The included 12-30V cigarette lighter/power adapter charges the receiver in approximately 3 hours. The NAV160 can also be charged using the AC wall-charger that comes with your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, or simply plug it into a free USB (type-A) port on your computer.
Note: The included 12-30V DC adapter does provide enough power to charge and run the NAV160 simultaneously. However computer USB ports and most USB wall chargers do not supply enough power to simultaneously charge and run the NAV160.
Waterproof Case: The NAV160 fits into the supplied waterproof case (IP66-rated) and mounts securely on a car dashboard, aircraft glare-shield, or boat console. The sticky surface of the case enables it to adhere to a flat window. If installing on a windshield, you will need to mount the receiver upside down in the pad with the center button facing through the hole in the bottom of the pad. In aircraft with heated windscreens, it is recommended to mount the unit on a side window.
1 question already asked