Passive powersport soundbar speakers
Our take on the NavAtlas SB235 by Crutchfield's Jon Paul
Volume and versatility
These trail-ready SB235 soundbar speakers from NavAtlas give you volume and versatility. You can mount the enclosures on both sides of the roll cage, or use the sturdy locking tabs to create one big soundbar. However you configure them, you'll hear your music loud and clear when you're out on the trail.
Big sound for the outdoors
Each enclosure houses a pair of 3-1/2" full-range speakers with 1/2" tweeters, so you'll get all the sound you want. The speakers and enclosures are IP66-rated waterproof and dustproof, and they're also designed to withstand the pounding they'll get when you're riding hard off-road.
If you're looking for versatile speakers that'll bring big sound to your off-road adventures, this SB235 set is an outstanding choice for your ATV or side-by-side. It's also ideal for small boats, golf carts, and other off-road vehicles.
- two passive marine/powersports soundbar speakers (no built-in amp)
- locking tabs let you attach the single boxes into one soundbar
- each enclosure houses:
- 2 marine-rated 3-1/2" drivers
- 1 marine-rated 1/2" dome tweeter
- power specs: 40 watts RMS (120 watts peak)
- IP66-rated waterproof and dustproof
- dimensions (enclosure): 4-1/4"H x 10-15/16"W x 3"D
- mounting hardware included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Speakers w/attached 20.0" wiring (terminated in a female threaded connector)
- Two 8" wiring pigtails (terminated in 2 bare wires on one end and a male threaded connector on the other end that's pre-connected to the speakers wiring)
- Four 3" diameter tube-clamps
- Adjoining plate
- Center cover
- Two M3 x 8 mm Phillips-head screws
- Installation instructions
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Overview: The NavAtlas SB235 passive speaker system consists of two full-range speaker boxes designed to be mounted to the roll-bar or roll-cage of a UTV or off-road vehicle. Each speaker box consists of two 3-1/2" aluminum full range drivers and one 1/2" dome horn tweeter. They can be mounted separately or joined together, with the included hardware, to form one long soundbar. The SB235 speakers can handle 40 watts RMS/120 watts peak and are housed in a UV resistant ABS enclosure with a black aluminum grill. They carry a waterproof rating of IPX5, a combined water and dust proof rating of IP66, and have passed a 10G vibration test as well.
Mounting: Designed to mount to roll-bar or roll-cage tubing, the back of the enclosures are made with a concave depression that runs the width of the speakers, allowing them to conform to the tubing better. This area has an attached rubber layer to help cushion the speaker against the tubing, reducing vibration and scratching. Four 3" adjustable tube-clamps are provided for attaching the speakers to a roll-bar or roll-cage. They can be mounted separately or joined to form one long soundbar. For adjoining, one side-plate from each speaker gets removed, exposing four holes. The included adjoining plate has four posts on each side that snap into the holes on each speaker end, holding both together firmly. A cosmetic center cover is provided to go around the adjoining plate and is held by the two included M3 x 8 mm Phillips-head screws.
Wiring: Each of the two speakers includes a 20" section of 2-conductor wire that's attached to the back of the speaker and terminated in a waterproof threaded connector. This connector is pre-attached to an additional 8" wiring pigtail that has a matching threaded connector on one end and two bare wires on the other end which get extended to the radio or amplifier (not included). This wiring system allows the speakers to be quickly disconnected and reconnected without leaving bare-ended wires exposed.
- Power Handling: 40 W RMS/ 120 W Max.
- Frequency Response: 150 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Full-Range: Dual 3-1/2" aluminum cone speakers
- Tweeters: 1/2" PEI dome horn tweeter
- Enclosure: UV resistant ABS plastic with a black aluminum grill (removable)
- Outdoor Ratings: IPX5 and IP66
- Mounting Hardware: Four 3" stainless steel tube-clamps
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
I cannot find any; not even on NavAtlas' web site. Looks like this front picture is the only one either of us have on it. More may come and if we get any, they will show up on this site! You might want to check back later to see if we were able to get any more once we complete our hands-on research on this product. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Apr 16, 2018 ] Staff