About the Polaroid POP
Instant memories you can print and share
Instant memories you can print and share
This camera was built for fun. The Polaroid POP is a high-tech digital point-and-shoot camera with a 4" LCD touchscreen, but it also provides 3-1/2" x 4-1/4" instant photos that print right from the camera body. You get full-color digital quality with instant mementos you can keep. And there's a 10-second self-timer that lets you get in the photo alongside everybody else.
Fun photo modes
The Polaroid Print app for iOS® and Android™ unlocks plenty of ways to personalize your photos. For instance, you can customize your photos with digital stickers and filters. Gallery mode lets you digitally draw on photos, and Photo Booth mode prints four quick snapshots on a single sheet of film.
- compact 20-megapixel digital camera with integrated photo printer
- prints 3-1/2" x 4-1/4" instant prints
- 1080p full HD video recording capability
- creates fun 15-second moving GIF images
- built-in 4" LCD touchscreen helps you frame shots
- built-in Wi-Fi® lets you connect to the Polaroid Print app for iOS® and Android™ devices
- edit, rotate, crop and draw on photos in Gallery
- Live Edit mode lets you personalize photos with filter and sticker features
- Photo Booth mode prints 4 quick snapshots on a single sheet of film
- self-timer lets you star in your own photos
- dual LED flash helps illuminate dark scenes
- saves photos to a microSD memory card (up to 128GB)
- prints photos on Polaroid ZINK® zero-ink instant photo paper
- built-in rechargeable battery recharges via micro USB port
- 4"W x 6"H x 1"D
- weight: 1 lb.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # POLPOP1W
What's in the box:
- Instant digital camera (white)
- 24" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Wrist strap
- Pack of 10 sheets of Zink paper
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polaroid POP
Overview: The Polaroid POP Instant Digital Camera can record still images, HD video, or short GIFs and store them in the built-in memory or on an optional memory card. You can instantly print your photos right in the camera, or save them for later. Prints are made on 3-1/2" x 4-1/4" ZINK Zero Ink paper with the classic Polaroid border. The camera also features built-in Wi-Fi for wirelessly sending your images or videos to other devices. The Polaroid POP camera comes with a starter 10-pack of ZINK paper, a USB cable, and a color-matched wrist strap.
ZINK Zero Ink Technology: ZINK Zero Ink technology provides inkless printing by embedding color into the paper. ZINK paper made of an advanced composite material which uses embedded colorful dye crystals inside, with a protective polymer overcoat layer outside. When heat is applied, full-color images appear on the paper. No ink cartridges or ribbons are needed. The images are 3" x 3", and are printed on 3-1/2" x 4-1/4" paper with the classic Polaroid border. Prints come out dry to the touch, and are smudge-proof, water-resistant, and tear-resistant. ZINK paper for the Polaroid POP is available in packs of 10, 20, and 40 sheets. The camera holds 10 sheets of ZINK paper at a time. Each pack contains a printed blue Color Calibration Sheet to optimize the camera.
3.97" LCD Touchscreen Monitor: The Polaroid POP Instant Digital Camera has a large 3.97" LCD touchscreen monitor for framing your shots, viewing your captured images, and changing settings in the menu. You can adjust the screen brightness by sliding your finger along the bottom of the screen. You can also use the touchscreen to select a focus area for the camera. The camera displays three status indicators in the upper portion of the screen: remaining paper counter, battery status, and Wi-Fi status.
Memory/Card Slot: The POP camera has a built-in memory that lets you save up to 10 images. The camera's memory card slot will accept microSD cards up to 128GB. Images in the memory can be selected for editing and printing.
Screen Timeout/Auto Shutdown: To save battery power, the screen will automatically go dark if no button or touchscreen commands are performed for a designated amount of time. You can choose a screen timeout after 30 seconds, 60 seconds, or 120 seconds. In addition, the camera will automatically shut off after a selected period of time: 3 minutes, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes.
Capture Modes: The POP camera offers the following Capture Modes:
- Photo Mode: When the camera is powered on, it automatically starts in the Photo Mode for taking still images. In the menu, you can set the still image resolution at 5MP, 13MP, 16MP, and 20MP.
- Video Mode: The POP camera can record videos in 480p, 720p, or 1080p resolution. Videos are recorded in Landscape orientation, requiring you to rotate the camera 90° before shooting. You can set the camera for NTSC or PAL video systems. Audio is also recorded with the video using the built-in microphone. The built-in speaker is located on the left side of the camera.
- GIF Mode: In GIF mode, the camera shoots a series of 5, 10, or 15 still images in rapid succession and creates a three-second video loop. You can choose to shoot at a rate of 2, 3, or 5 frames per second.
Flash: The camera has a dual LED flash to illuminate your subject in low light. You can set the flash to On (fires every time), Auto (fires only in low light), or Off (no flash).
Self Timer: The Polaroid POP camera's Self Timer lets you delay taking a photo for a short time to allow you to get into the shot. The self timer can be set in the menu to 3 seconds or 10 seconds.
White Balance: The camera offers adjustable White Balance to take great photos in different lighting conditions. You can set the White Balance to Auto, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Sunny, Cloudy, Shade, and Flash.
Digital Zoom: The POP instant digital camera has a variable digital zoom control to get closer to your subject. Using the touch slide control at the bottom of the screen, you can zoom in for better photo composition and closeups.
Live Edits: When shooting still images, you can apply edits to your photo before taking it. You can personalize your photos with the following:
- Frames: You can choose from 10 multi-color borders to frame your photo. You can also select "no border" for the standard white Polaroid frame.
- Filters: You can apply filters to change the look of your photos. Available filters include: Black & White, Negative, Pencil Drawing, Vivid Color, Sepia, or None.
- Stickers: A selection of "stickers" is available to personalize your photo. You can choose from the following: Lightning bolt, "!", Heart, "?", Star, Bomb, Cloud, "Hi!", Eyes, or "Oops".
Gallery: Recorded photos, videos, and GIFs appear in the camera's Gallery. Once an image is selected from the Gallery, you can crop the image or apply a frame, filter, or sticker to the image. You can also draw on the photo (using your finger on the touchscreen) in a selectable color. Edited or unedited photos can be printed, deleted, or sent to another device via Wi-Fi. If you select a recorded video in the Gallery, you can edit it for time, send it via Wi-Fi to another device, or delete it. GIFs cannot be edited, but can be sent to another device via Wi-Fi or deleted.
Wi-Fi: The Polaroid POP Instant Digital Camera has built-in Wi-Fi for connecting the camera to your mobile phone or tablet. Using the Polaroid POP app, you can print pictures from your smart device. You can also edit photos (crop, tint, color), draw on your pictures, and add new stickers from the app. You can send images (manually or automatically) from the POP Instant Digital Camera to your smartphone for instant sharing. The Polaroid POP application is compatible with Apple devices running iOS 10.0 or later, and with Android devices with version 4.4 and up.
Rechargeable Battery: The camera is powered by a rechargeable battery that charges via USB. A fully charged battery should last for up to 50 prints. A dedicated USB power adapter that is rated at 5V and 2A should be used for charging the battery. It should not be used with a charger that is above 8.4V and a current above 5A.
USB: The camera features a Micro USB port for charging the battery and for uploading recorded pictures and videos to your computer. A 24" USB cable is included.
Firmware Updates: The camera's firmware can be updated via the included USB cable, using the Polaroid POP app (connected to your smartphone), or download the update to a microSD card and insert in the camera.