About the Polaroid Z2300
The instant camera goes digital
The instant camera goes digital
Online photo sharing is more convenient than ever. But there's still something special about holding a printed photo in your hand. It's even more special when you can hold it seconds after you snapped it. That's always been the appeal of the Polaroid instant camera. Now Polaroid has updated this classic with modern digital imaging firepower for a fun camera that marries the best of yesterday and today. The Polaroid Z2300 lets you print 2" x 3" photos instantly from your camera as well as store them digitally for online sharing and backup with your computer. Plus, the Z2300's built in ZINK printer uses no ink, but rather an electronic printing process. So your photos come out dry — no need to worry about smearing and no expensive cartridges or ribbons to buy.
Every print's a keeper
With the old Polaroids, you didn't have a choice whether or not you printed out a photo. If you snapped it, you printed it, making for lots of out-of-focus shots that ended up in the trash. With the Z2300, you can review each shot you take, as well as crop and edit them, before you decide what to print. That helps you conserve battery power and photo paper while making sure every photo you print is worth keeping.
Digital effects and HD video
Remember that thick white border the old Polaroid pictures had? It seemed to take up half the real estate of your print. The new Z2300 eliminates this border, for full-size, edge-to-edge prints. But if you're wistful for that classic border, you can add it digitally with the Z2300's on-board editing and effects. You can also apply cool color effects like Sepia or Vintage B&W to create retro-styled photos that will look like they were taken 30 years ago. Once you've printed your photo, you can peel off the back to turn it into a sticker, something the kids will love. Throw in HD video recording and the Z2300 may be the ultimate camera for parties and gatherings.
The Polaroid Z2300's LCD monitor lets you review your photos before printing them instantly. (White model shown)
- 10-megapixel effective recording
- 2.4X digital zoom
- records photos and video onto optional SD and SDHC memory cards
- prints photos on ZINK® M230 2" x 3" photo paper (includes 10 sheets)
- 3" LCD screen
- instantly print photos with built-in ZINK Zero Ink printer
- LCD screen lets you review, crop, and edit photos before printing
- does not require ink cartridges or ribbons
- print borderless full-size photos or add a classic Polaroid border
- photos come out smudge-proof, water-resistant, and tear-resistant
- 19 scene modes include Natural Green, Fisheye, and Candlelight
- red-eye reduction for improved portraits
- high-definition movie mode (up to 720p resolution)
- stores photos for saving and printing on a computer
- 32MB internal memory
- built-in flash
Connections and Dimensions:
- USB port
- 4-3/4"W x 3-1/16"H x 1-1/2"D
- weight: 10.7 oz. (with battery and memory card)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- AC charging station with 4 international plug adapters
- USB cable
- 10 sheets of Zink M230 2" x 3" paper
- software CD-ROM
- MFR # POLZ2300W
What's in the box:
- Instant print digital camera (white)
- CLB0580-10-00-1 Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery (7.4v 580mAh 4.29Wh)
- AC adapter with attached 58" DC output cord (DC output: 9V 3A)
- US/Canada adapter plug
- Australia/China adapter plug
- UK adapter plug
- Continental Europe adapter plug
- 24" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Mini-B 2.0 USB on other end)
- Wrist strap
- Software CD-ROM
- 10-pack ZINK paper (2" x 3")
- Product Overview booklet
- Limited Warranty to Original Consumer
Polaroid Z2300 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polaroid Z2300
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||N/A|
|Sensor Size||1/3.2" CMOS|
|Highest Resolution||3648 x 2736|
|Video Resolution||1280 x 720|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||10.7|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Polaroid Z2300 Instant Print Digital Camera allows you to take photos and print them without the need for a computer or separate printer. The Z2300 has ZINK Zero Ink printing technology, and can print 2x3-inch full color, borderless prints.
ZINK: The Z2300 comes with a 10-pack of 2x3-inch Premium ZINK paper. A 30-pack of paper is sold separately (146M230). Prints come out dry to the touch, and are smudge-proof, water-resistant, and tear-resistant. The paper has a peel-off adhesive backing to allow you to attach them anywhere.
Internal Memory: The camera has a 32MB internal flash memory. Because a portion of the memory is used for system management and/or application files, the actual media capacity is approximately 15MB. You can store approximately 7 images at the highest resolution and quality (3648 x 2736, Fine) or 5-6 seconds of HD video.
Memory Card Slot: In addition to the internal memory, the Z2300 has a slot for an SD or SDHC memory card. The camera is compatible with cards up to 32GB. A 32GB SDHC card is capable of storing up to 15,962 10M still images (Fine Quality) or 3 hours 19 minutes of HD video (Fine Quality). It is not compatible with SDXC cards.
3" LCD: The Polaroid Z2300 is equipped with a 3.0" full color TFT LCD display with approximately 230,000 dots. You can use the display to compose images, playback recorded images or video clips, and adjust menu settings. The brightness of the LCD can be set to standard or bright.
Lens: The camera has a 6mm fixed focus length lens with a focus range of 1 meter (39.37") to infinity in standard mode, and 0.19 to 0.24 meters (7.48" to 9.45") in Macro mode. The digital zoom can enlarge the image up to 2.4x in capture mode and 4x in playback mode.
Recording Formats: You can record JPEG digital still images in 4:3 aspect ratio and 5 image sizes: 10M (3648 x 2736 FW interpolation), 8M (3264 x 2448 FW interpolation), 5M (2560 x 1920), 3M (2048 x 1536), and VGA (640 x 480). Images can be captured at three quality (compression) settings: Fine, Standard, and Economy. The camera can also record HD video clips (1280 x 720), as well as SD clips (640 x 480, 320 x 240). There are two quality (compression) settings for video: Fine and Standard.
Flash: The built-in flash has an effective range of 3'-11" to 6'-11". You can set the flash mode to Auto, Flash On, Flash Off, and Red-eye Reduction.
Image Adjustments: The Capture menu allows you to adjust multiple camera settings:
- ISO: Sets the sensitivity to Auto, ISO 100, ISO 200, or ISO 400.
- White Balance: Adjusts for a variety of lighting conditions: Auto, Incandescent, Fluorescent 1, Fluorescent 2, Daylight, Cloudy, and Manual WB.
- Sharpness: Hard, Standard, Soft
- Color: Sets the overall color of the image: Standard, Vivid, Color Accent (Red, Green, or Blue), Sepia, B&W, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, or Purple.
- Metering: Sets the metering method: Center, Spot, Average
Capture Modes: You can choose from different recording methods:
- Single: Captures one image at a time
- Continuous: Captures up to 3 images continuously
- AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing): Shoots 3 consecutive images--one at standard exposure, one underexposed, and one overexposed.
- Album Shot: Creates an album-like layout to combine 3 shots into a single image
- Burst: Continuously captures pictures while pressing and holding the shutter button until the memory capacity is exhausted.
- Continuous Flash: Captures up to three continuous images with flash
- Pre-Shot: Lets you capture the background first, then have someone to capture you in front of it.
- Couple Shot: Uses separate areas to combine two shots, allowing you to include yourself in the shot.
Find Blur: In Continuous Shooting mode, the camera can find blurry photos when the Find Blur function is active. You can save the best of three images, or save all images.
Self-timer: There are three Self-timer modes: 2 second, 10 second, and 10+2 (captures 2 images after a 10-second delay.
Scene Modes: You can choose from multiple Scene Modes, which can capture the image with the most appropriate settings: Auto, Program AE, Anti-shake, Fisheye, Portrait, Landscape, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Candlelight, Fireworks, Text, Sunset, Sunrise, Splash Water, Flow Water, Pets, Snow, Beach, Photo border, and Natural Green.
Voice Memos: After capturing a still image, you can attach a voice memo of up to 30 seconds in length. Images with attached voice memos will display a playback icon, allowing you to play back the audio.
Still Image Editing: Several photo editing functions can be performed on still images before printing. You can remove red-eye effects, crop images to specific sizes, add print data (such as date) to an image, and add a photo border. You can change the image size or quality (compression) of recorded images to smaller size or lower quality.
Slide Show: Still images can be played back in slide show fashion. You can choose the interval between images: 3 sec, 5 sec, or 10 sec.
Power Requirements: The Z2300 is powered by a 9-volt Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery. The battery is charged by the supplied AC adapter. Four adapter plugs are included: US/Canada, Australia/Mainland China, UK, and Continental Europe. No battery life or charging time information was provided.
Transferring Files: You can transfer still images and videos directly to your computer via USB. Compatible Operating Systems include: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Mac PowerPC G3/G4/G5 OS 9.0 or later.
Supplied Software: The camera comes with two types of software on a CD-ROM disc:
- ArcSoft MediaImpression: MediaImpression lets you easily manage your multimedia files, create your own movies or photo slide shows, and share your photos, video, and music files via email or online sharing websites.
- Print Creations: Print Creations lets you personalize your pictures using text, templates, and layouts. You can print your creations at home or share the saved files with family and friends via email or on the web.
Note: The software is compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. It is not supported by Mac.
1 question already asked