Peavey Elements™ 112C
12" commercial weather-resistant surface mount speaker (105° x 60° dispersion)
Our take on the Peavey Elements™ 112C by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Powerful outdoor sound
The Peavey Elements 112C is an all-purpose, all-weather workhorse. The speaker's 12" woofer provides excellent bass, and a 2" compression driver delivers the mids and highs. The horn can be rotated, allowing you to swap the vertical and horizontal coverage patterns to fit your space. The rugged, weatherproof cabinet makes it a superstar for indoor or outdoor entertainment at home or at work.
Get a free system design
- weather-resistant surface-mounted speaker with 12" Black Widow® woofer and 2" titanium compression driver
- handles 1,000 watts program power
- rotating horn lets you swap vertical and horizontal coverage angles to suit your space
- controlled dispersion patterns: 60 by 105° or 105 by 60°
- 128 dB peak SPL
- frequency response: 68-18,000 Hz (±3dB)
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- hardware for flying and wall mounting included
- 15"W x 27-1/2"H x 16-5/8"D
- weight: 52 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- One Elements 112C loudspeaker
- 4 Eyebolts (3/8" thread)
- 4 Metal flat washers
- 4 Rubber washers
- Metal cover plate
- Cover plate gasket
- Plastic gland nut (for strain relief)
- 2 Neutrik connector seals (SCDM-SB)
- Loudspeaker System Specifications
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||2|
|System Frequency response||68-18k|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Peavey Elements Series of loudspeakers feature IP45-rated weatherproof enclosures that can withstand the elements. The trapezoidal-shaped enclosures are constructed of 1/2" advanced composite fiberboard panels coated with a textured black Hammerhead poly-urea finish. The 18-gauge, powder-coated aluminum grills have a barrier membrane that repels water, yet allows moisture to escape, without affecting the sonic performance of the speaker. Elements Series loudspeakers are recommended for stadiums, arenas, and multi-purpose facilities, as well as houses of worship, live music venues, theaters, gymnasiums, and performing arts centers.
Elements 112C Drivers: This Peavey Elements 112C loudspeaker has a water-resistant 12" Black Widow resin-impregnated cone woofer with a synthetic rubber surround. The woofer is mounted into a vented enclosure. The high frequency section features a 2" RX22 titanium diaphragm compression driver with a 0.875" exit and 50.8mm voice coil. The compression driver is mounted in a 105° (H) x 60° (V) Quadratic Throat waveguide. If desired, the horn can be rotated 90° to swap the horizontal and vertical coverage patterns. The drivers are crossed over at 1.9 kHz (24dB/octave).
Note: Another version of the Elements 112C features a 60° (H) x 40° (V) waveguide.
Connections: The Elements 112C has a recessed input cup with a sealed cover plate for protecting the connections from the elements. The input connection features a pair of 4-pin Neutrik NL-4 Speakon connectors. In addition, there is a 4-position screw terminal strip, wired in parallel to the Speakon connectors, for bare wire termination. A plastic gland nut is included for cable strain relief. An Indoor/Outdoor EQ option allows you to tailor the sound to match an indoor or outdoor installation.
70V Option: An optional, field-installed, 70V transformer is available if you choose to upgrade. The transformer is pre-mounted on a plate that replaces the input cup cover plate. The optional transformer has 400W, 200W, 100W and 50W taps.
Mounting Options: The Peavey Elements 112C can be mounted in a variety of ways. The speaker has twelve 3/8"-16 threaded mounting suspension points (3 top, 3 bottom, 2 each side, 2 rear). Four 3/8" eyebolts are provided for suspending the speaker from above at up to a 45° angle. There are also three sets of four 1/4" x 20 set-screw inserts on the top, rear, and bottom, for use with the Peavey Versamount 70+ and the Peavey Elements Pole Mount bracket.
- Frequency Response: 68 Hz to 18 kHz (+/-3dB)
- Usable Low Frequency Limit (-10dB point): 44 Hz
- Power Handling:
- Continuous: 500 watts
- Program: 1000 watts
- Peak: 2000 watts
- Sound Pressure Level (1W/1M): 95 dB SPL (2.83V input)
- Maximum SPL (1 meter): 122 dB SPL continuous; 128 dB SPL peak
- Radiation Angle: 105° Horizontal by 60° Vertical
- Box Tuning Frequency: 50 Hz
- Impedance: 8.0Ω (nominal)
- Recommended High Pass (Infrasonic Filter): 45 Hz, LR 24 dB/octave
- Width: 15" (front), 12.375" (rear)
- Height: 27.5"
- Depth: 16.625"
- Weight: 52 pounds
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.