About the Peavey Elements™ 108C
Get a free system design
A powerful outdoor speaker
Peavey loudspeakers are known for their power and clarity. The 108C maintains that legacy and makes it tougher, with an 8" water-resistant woofer and a 2" compression driver in a durable weatherproof cabinet.
Selectable indoor and outdoor EQ settings let you tailor the frequency balance to your specific application. Mounting hardware is included for wall-mounting or "flying" (suspension mounting) the speaker.
- weather-resistant surface-mounted speaker with 8" woofer and 2" compression driver
- handles 400 watts program power
- wide 75° by 75° coverage pattern
- 120 dB peak SPL
- frequency response: 64-18,000 Hz (±3dB)
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- hardware for flying and wall mounting included
- 14"W x 17-5/16"H x 11"D
- weight: 27 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3609100
What's in the box:
- One Elements 108C loudspeaker
- 4 Eyebolts (3/8" thread)
- 4 Metal flat washers
- 4 Rubber washers
- Metal cover plate
- Cover plate gasket
- Plastic gland nut (for strain relief)
- 2 Neutrik connector seals (SCDM-SB)
- Loudspeaker System Specifications
- Peavey decal
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Peavey Elements™ 108C
Features & specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||2|
|System Frequency response||64-18k|
|Peak Power rating||---|
Overview: The Peavey Elements Series of loudspeakers feature IP45-rated weatherproof enclosures that can withstand the elements. The trapezoidal-shaped enclosures are constructed of 1/2" advanced composite fiberboard panels coated with a textured black Hammerhead poly-urea finish. The 18-gauge, powder-coated aluminum grills have a barrier membrane that repels water, yet allows moisture to escape, without affecting the sonic performance of the speaker. Elements Series loudspeakers are recommended for stadiums, arenas, and multi-purpose facilities, as well as houses of worship, live music venues, theaters, gymnasiums, and performing arts centers.
Elements 108C Drivers: This Peavey Elements 108C loudspeaker has a water-resistant 8" heavy duty aluminum cone woofer with a synthetic rubber surround. The woofer is mounted into a vented enclosure. The high frequency section features a 2" RX22 titanium diaphragm compression driver with a 0.875" exit and 50.8mm voice coil. The compression driver is mounted in a 75° (H) x 75° (V) Quadratic Throat waveguide. The drivers are crossed over at 2 kHz (12dB/octave).
Connections: The Elements 108C has a recessed input cup with a sealed cover plate for protecting the connections from the elements. The input connection features a pair of 4-pin Neutrik NL-4 Speakon connectors. In addition, there is a 4-position screw terminal strip, wired in parallel to the Speakon connectors, for bare wire termination. A plastic gland nut is included for cable strain relief. An Indoor/Outdoor EQ option allows you to tailor the sound to match an indoor or outdoor installation.
70V Option: An optional, field-installed, 70V transformer is available if you choose to upgrade. The transformer is pre-mounted on a plate that replaces the input cup cover plate. The optional transformer has 100W and 50W taps.
Mounting Options: The Peavey Elements 108C can be mounted in a variety of ways. The speaker has ten 3/8"-16 threaded mounting suspension points (2 top, 3 bottom, 2 each side, 1 rear bottom). Four 3/8" eyebolts are provided for suspending the speaker from above at up to a 45° angle. There are also three sets of four 1/4" x 20 set-screw inserts on the top, rear, and bottom, for use with the Peavey Versamount 35 and the Peavey Elements Pole Mount bracket.
- Frequency Response: 64 Hz to 18 kHz (+/-3dB)
- Usable Low Frequency Limit (-10dB point): 52 Hz
- Power Handling:
- Continuous: 200 watts
- Program: 400 watts
- Peak: 800 watts
- Sound Pressure Level (1W/1M): 91 dB SPL (2.83V input)
- Maximum SPL (1 meter): 114 dB SPL continuous; 120 dB SPL peak
- Radiation Angle: 75° Horizontal by 75° Vertical
- Box Tuning Frequency: 60 Hz
- Impedance: 8.0Ω (nominal)
- Recommended High Pass (Infrasonic Filter): 45 Hz, LR 24 dB/octave
- Width: 10.929" (front), 8.861" (rear)
- Height: 17.25"
- Depth: 13.5"
- Weight: 26 pounds