About the Peavey IPR2™ 7500
Lightweight heavy hitter
Lightweight heavy hitter
This is definitely not your grandfather's old school, lead-weight power amp. Peavey delivers the amplifier you need — a lightweight, compact magic box that reliably sends your speakers massive amounts of power. The IPR2 7500 2-channel amplifier can put out 1,425 watts each to a pair of standard 8-ohm PA speakers, enough for a loud rock or techno band, for example, playing in a mid-size club or small theater. This versatile amp can handle low impedances, so you could daisy-chain a couple more speakers to the first pair and up your power to 2,450 watts per channel. Now that same band can play in the big 1200-seat theater downtown using the same amp.
More power potential
For more permanent installations, like in a theater or house of worship for instance, this one little amplifier could drive up to eight speakers with a combined total power of 7,500 watts. That's enough power to fill most 1200- to 1600-seat auditoriums with loud rock or techno-dance music.
Packed with technology
This amplifier uses a special power supply and high-speed Class D amp technology to give you high-resolution audio and highly-efficient operation. Distortion Detection Technique (DDT™) circuitry lights up a warning LED on the amp's front panel when it first senses signal clipping. The LED glows bright and steady as the DDT limits the amp's output to protect your speakers from damaging distortion. High Pass, Full Range, and Subwoofer modes let you tailor the amp's signal to match its drivers.
The IPR2 7500 has the same rear panel features as the IPR2 5000 (shown)
- 2-channel power amplifier
- rated power output:
- 1425 watts x 2 at 8 ohms
- 2450 watts x 2 at 4 ohms
- 3750 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- frequency response: 20-25,000 Hz (+0 dB, -3 dB)
- switchable high- or low-pass filter (100 Hz)
- DDT™ (Distortion Detection Technique) circuitry protects drivers
- front-panel LEDs indicate active channel, signal presence, clipping, temperature protection, and DC protection
- inputs: XLR and 1/4" TRS
- preamp outputs: 1/4" TRS
- power outputs: Speakon
- variable speed cooling fan
- weight: 14.6 lbs.
- dimensions: 19"W x 3-9/16"H x 18-3/8"D (including handles)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 3004250
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel power amplifier
- 36" AC power cord (IEC C19 socket)
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Safety and Warnings sheet
- Peavey decal
More details on the Peavey IPR2™ 7500
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Watts per channel 8 ohms||1425|
|Watts per channel 4 ohms||2450|
|Watts per channel 2 ohms||3750|
Overview: The Peavey IPR² 7500 is a 2-channel Class D power amplifier, designed to provide reliable performance for years. The IPR² series features an advanced design that increases power output, reliability, and thermal efficiency, while reducing weight.
Power Output: The IPR² 7500 has the following power output:
|20ms Repetitive Burst||1% THD |
Both channels driven
|0.15% THD |
Both channels driven
|8 Ohms||1550 watts per channel||1425 watts per channel||1200 watts per channel|
|4 Ohms||2800 watts per channel||2450 watts per channel||2020 watts per channel|
|2 Ohms||4750 watts per channel||3750 watts per channel||---|
Front Panel Controls: The front panel features large, illuminated controls:
- AC Power Switch: The main power switch is flush-mounted to prevent accidental activation. When off, the power button glows dimly. When pressed, the amplifier turns on, and the button illuminated brightly.
- Input Attenuators: Separate rotary controls for Channels A and B independently attenuate the input signal. The range of attenuation is -80dB (fully counter-clockwise) to 0dB (fully clockwise).
- Indicators: Five color LED indicators are provided for
- Active (green): indicates the channel is operational when lit.
- Signal (blue): indicates the channel is producing an output signal of about 4 volts RMS or more to be amplified by the amplifier.
- DDT (Distortion Detection Technique) (yellow): illuminates at the onset of clipping. If flashing, the channel is just at the clipping threshold. If glowing solid, the amp is clip limiting, or reducing gain to prevent severely clipped waveforms from reaching the loudspeakers.
- Temp (amber): indicates an unstable thermal condition, and amplifier protection has been activated, shutting down the channel. The LED will remain illuminated until the amp has cooled to a safe operating temperature.
- DC (red): illuminates to indicate an abnormal operating condition, and the amplifier is automatically restarting to correct the condition.
Connectors: The IPR² 7500 has the following connections on its back panel:
- Inputs: 2 Combination XLR-1/4" connectors (Channels A & B)
- Thru/Outs (parallel to input connector for patching to an additional power amplifier): Two 1/4" TRS connectors (Channels A & B)
- Speaker Outputs: 2 Combination Speakon (2-pole twist lock) and 1/4" connectors (Channels A & B)
- Power: IEC C20 connector (16A Max)
Channel Mode Switch: The IPR² 7500 has independent 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley crossovers that are controlled by the Channel Mode switches. The switches have three positions:
- High Pass: When set to High Pass, the filter will limit the signal sent to the corresponding channel to frequencies above 100 Hz.
- Full Range: The Full Range position allows all frequencies to be sent to the amplifier.
- Subwoofer (Low Pass): When set to Subwoofer, the Low Pass filter is activated on the corresponding channel, and will limit the signal to frequencies below 100 Hz.
DDT (Distortion Detection Technique): The DDT circuitry protects your speakers from damaging distortion, and maintains clean sound, even when operating at low impedances. The DDT circuit detects and eliminates distortion to give you reliable performance during adverse conditions.