About the Garmin STRIKER Vivid 7sv
Freshwater fish can't hide from this powerful device
Freshwater fish can't hide from this powerful device
Garmin's STRIKER Vivid 7sv fishfinder takes the guesswork out of your aquatic expeditions and looks darn good while doing it, too. It boasts Garmin's CHIRP transducer which both ClearVü and SideVü sonar, for impressive views of what's under and around your vessel. Its eye-friendly 7" glare-resistant screen wows with Garmin's seven new high-contrast color palettes, which make it much simpler to distinguish fish from structures. Built-in GPS lets you mark and return to favorite locations. This fishfinder also has built-in Wi-Fi, so you can access Garmin's ActiveCaptain app for notifications, info sharing, and more.
CHIRP sonar for maximum coverage all around your boat
The STRIKER Vivid 7sv includes a Garmin GTHW-52TM transducer that gives you high wide CHIRP sonar, plus Garmin's CHIRP ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonars. This highly accurate scanning sonar combo gives you a nearly photographic image of what's up to 250 feet below your boat, plus what's going past it. Instead of sending just one frequency, CHIRP sonar sends out a continual sweep of low and high frequencies. The wider range of information means you'll see crisper fish arches and better target separation. And with those seven different scanning sonar color palettes at your disposal, you'll be able to spot the differences more easily than ever. And it'll all look great on the big, glare-resistant 7" WVGA screen.
The ActiveCaptain app keeps you in touch
When you use the STRIKER's built-in Wi-Fi to connect with the free Garmin ActiveCaptain app, your horizons really expand. Once paired with your phone, you can receive smart notifications on the fishfinder's big screen, access the online Quickdraw Contours Community for sharing maps and waypoints, and get important software update notifications.
Plan ahead for future fishing trips
This feature-packed unit also includes highly sensitive GPS that helps you locate your current position quickly, while Quickdraw Contours mapping software lets you create your own unique HD fishing maps with 1' contours. You can store up to 2 million acres, so if you find a spot where they're biting, you can mark it and come back later. You can also mark important waypoints like docks and ramps, or even brush piles and stumps.
Easy-to-read flash display
The STRIKER Vivid 7sv also sports a built-in flasher, so any time you're fishing from a stationary position, you'll get a good view of the bottom, whether it's solid or muddy. You can track your jig or weighted bait, plus the depth of the fish as they swim into the beam. You can even see whether fish move toward or away from your jig.
Keep your mind on your speed
If you're trolling, you want to maintain just the right speed. With the STRIKER Vivid 7sv, you can check the speed on the 7" screen. It's also a very handy feature when you're in a wake-controlled area.
- GPS fishfinder with CHIRP sonar
- package includes:
- includes GT52HW-TM CHIRP ClearVü and SideVü sonar transducer
- tilt/swivel mount, hardware, and power/data cable
- 7" (800 x 480 pixels) WVGA display
- 7 scanning sonar color palettes make it easier to distinguish fish from structures
- Quickdraw Contours mapping software lets you create and store maps with 1' contours for up to 2 million acres
- built-in Wi-Fi for access to Garmin's ActiveCaptain app
- smart notifications from your smartphone, plus software update notifications
- transfer waypoints
- access to the online Garmin Quickdraw community
- built-in flasher
- split-screen zoom
- find fish; mark and return to hot spots, docks, and ramps
- Ultrascroll displays fish targets at higher boat speeds
- AutoGain minimizes clutter, maximizes targets
- adjustable depth line measures depth of underwater objects
- boat speed display
- fish symbol ID helps identify targets
- accurate to 800 feet deep traditional (freshwater), 250 feet ClearVü, 500 feet left/right SideVü
- frequencies supported: high-wide CHIRP (150-240 kHz range); ClearVü (455/800 kHz), SideVü (455/800 kHz)
- water temperature sensor
Other Features and Specs:
- dimensions: 9-5/16''W x 5-9/16"H x 2-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02553-00
What's in the box:
- STRIKER Vivid 7sv fishfinder display/control unit
- Tilt/swivel mount
- Round swivel base
- 2 Threaded knobs
- M6 x 20mm screw
- M6 Nylock nut
- Four M4 x 25mm screws (for tilt/swivel mount)
- 6' Power cable (with 4-pin connector and in-line 30A fuse)
- Transducer adapter cable (12-pin to two 4-pin plugs)
- Threaded collar for cable adapter
- Cable adapter gasket (red)
- GT52HW-TM ClearVü/SideVü Transducer with attached 20' cable
- Transducer mounting bracket
- Seven M4 x 8mm screws
- Seven 4mm star lock washers
- Trolling motor transducer mount
- Hose clamp
- Four 5-1/2" plastic wire ties
- Transducer transom mount
- Transducer mount bolt (1-11/16" length)
- Nylock nut
- Two M5 x 20mm screws
- One 5mm flat washer
- Rubber washer
- Cable-entry cover
- 2 Cable clamps
- Four M4 x 12mm screws
- Quick Start Manual
- ClearVü Transducer Transom/Trolling Motor Mount Installation Instructions
- Garmin Support sheet
- Fixed Bail/Swivel Bail Mount instructions
- Important Safety and Product Information
- Transducer Transom Mount Template
- Threaded collar instructions
- Garmin window decal
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin STRIKER Vivid 7sv
Overview: The Garmin STRIKER Vivid 7sv is a compact fishfinder/GPS navigator designed for small boats. It features a bright 7" WVGA color display and a 500-watt dual-beam sonar transducer with CHIRP (traditional), plus CHIRP ClearVü/SideVü to help you locate fish down to 800 feet. The STRIKER Vivid 7sv also has an integrated GPS to help you locate and navigate to your favorite fishing holes, docks, and boat ramps.
CHIRP Sonar: The STRIKER Vivid 7sv is equipped with the 500-watt Garmin GT52HW-TM transducer which has both traditional CHIRP (50/77/200 kHz) and CHIRP ClearVü/SideVü (260/455/800 kHz) sonar, two of the most sophisticated sonar technologies available for boaters and fishermen. Compared to standard sonar, which sends one frequency at a time, CHIRP (Compressed High-Intensity Radiated Pulse) sends a continuous sweep of frequencies within a range from low to high. As a result, CHIRP sonar creates much greater target separation and crisper fish arches.
Display: The STRIKER Vivid 7sv features a 7" (diagonal) WVGA color display with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. The display has a horizontal orientation with 10-level backlighting (0% to 100%). The sunlight-readable display has selectable color modes (day, night, auto) with 7 color options to represent the strength of the sonar returns. The unit comes with a tilt/swivel mount with 10 tilt positions. The tilting base can be installed on a 3" diameter 360° swiveling base, or fixed to the mounting surface (tilting only).
Keypad: The STRIKER Vivid 7sv features a convenient keypad for operating the device, located to the right of the display. The keypad consists of seven buttons (power, zoom in (+), zoom out (-), select, return, menu, and save waypoint) and a 4-way control for navigating the menu options. The display/control unit has an IPX7 water rating for its resistance to incidental exposure of water (splashes, rain, snow) of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.
Transducer: The dual-frequency GT52HW-TM CHIRP ClearVü/SideVü transducer provides ultra-clear sonar pictures of objects, structure, and fish that pass beside and below your boat. It includes CHIRP traditional sonar at 50, 77, and 200 kHz frequencies for returns from depths down to 800 feet. It has a beamwidth of between 24° and 16°. It also includes CHIRP ClearVü/SideVü 260, 455 and 800 kHz sonar, for greater accuracy in shallower depths down to 500 feet. The ClearVü/SideVü beamwidth is 2° x 50° at 455kHz, and 1° x 30° at 800kHz. The transducer also has a fast response water temperature sensor. The STRIKER Vivid 7sv includes mounts for installing the transducer on the transom of the boat, or to the bottom of your trolling motor.
GT52HW-TM Dimensions (on transom mount): Width 2.565", Height 3.796", Depth 7.1875"
Flasher: The STRIKER Vivid 7sv also includes a Flasher mode, which shows sonar information on a circular depth scale to indicate what is directly beneath your boat. Sonar returns are color coded indicating different strengths of the signal return. The center of the Flasher display page shows the depth and device voltage.
Viewing Pages: The STRIKER Vivid 7sv's display scrolls from right to left to show the sonar readings from the transducer. The bottom depth is displayed in large numerals, along with the water speed, device voltage, and the current time. The unit has an adjustable depth range (Auto or Manual), and the depth scale is shown at the bottom of the screen, along with the transducer frequency. You can choose from a full screen page or split pages:
- Full Screen Page: The Full Screen page shows a full-view graph of the sonar readings from the transducer.
- Split Zoom Page: The Split Zoom page shows a full-view graph of the sonar readings on the right side of the screen, and a magnified portion of that graph on the left side.
- Split Frequency Page: The Split Frequency page shows one frequency sonar data on one side, while the other side shows the a different frequency sonar data.
A-Scope: The A-Scope is a vertical flasher along the right side of the Full Screen page that shows the range to targets in real time along a scale. This view expands the most recently received sonar data so that it is easier to see. It can also be helpful in detecting fish that are located close to the bottom.
Beeper/Alarms: The STRIKER Vivid 7sv has a beeper that will sound to confirm each button press, or can be set to sound only for alarms, or turned off completely. There are several audible alarms that can be independently set in the menu:
- Arrival: The unit's alarm will sound when you are within a specified distance or time from a turn or destination.
- Anchor Drag: Sets an alarm to sound when you exceed a specified drift distance while anchored.
- Off Course: When you are off course by a specified distance, the alarm will sound.
- Alarm Clock: You can set an alarm clock to sound at a specific time.
- Device Voltage: The alarm will sound when the battery voltage reaches a specified low voltage.
- GPS Accuracy: The alarm will sound when the GPS location accuracy falls outside a user-defined value.
- Shallow: The unit will alarm when the water depth is shallower that the set value.
- Deep: The unit will alarm when the water depth is deeper than the set value.
- Fish: The unit will alarm when the device detects a suspended target. You can set the alarm for all fish, medium and large fish, or large fish only.
- Water Temperature: The unit will alarm when the water temperature varies more than +/- 2°F. (Temperature-capable transducer required)
Quickdraw Contours Mapping: The STRIKER Vivid 7sv contains Quickdraw Contours software that will create maps of places you navigate. As you troll along the shorelines and the depths, the device is recording data about the body of water you're traveling. The software draws a map of the area as you pass, recording the contours and depth labels. The device's memory lets you store maps with 1' contours for up to 2-million acres. You can share your Quickdraw Contours maps with others, or download maps from other users on the online Garmin Quickdraw Community.
Wi-Fi/ActiveCaptain: The STRIKER Vivid 7sv is equipped with Wi-Fi wireless connectivity, which allows you to pair your smartphone or tablet to the display/control unit. Using the free Garmin ActiveCaptain app, you can plan your trips, mark Waypoints, and download new maps, before you climb aboard. The app's OneChart feature lets you keep all of your maps and charts in one place. You can also receive smart notifications on the unit's display. The ActiveCaptain Community provides information on marinas and other points of interest from fellow boaters. The ActiveCaptain app gives you instant access to available Quickdraw Contours. Garmin's ActiveCaptain app is available as a free download for iPhones and iPads running iOS version 12.0 or later. It can also be loaded to your Android device running version 6.0 and up.
Built-in GPS: The Garmin STRIKER Vivid 7sv has a built-in GPS receiver in the display unit that collects satellite data to establish your current location. The display unit should be mounted in a location that has a clear view of the sky for the best and most accurate results. A 5-bar signal strength meter indicates the quality of the satellite signal being received.
Navigating: The STRIKER Vivid 7sv lets you set and follow a course to a destination using one of two methods:
- Go To: Go To navigating takes you directly to the destination. The device creates a straight-line course or navigation line to the destination. Go To navigating may create a course that passes over land, shallow water, or other obstacles. You must use visual sighting and steer to avoid dangerous obstacles.
- Route To: Route To navigating creates a route from your location to a destination, allowing you to add turns along the path. The route starts out as a straight-line course, but lets you make turns to avoid land, shallow water, or other obstacles.
Waypoints: Waypoints are locations that you record and store in the device's memory. Waypoints can be marked at your present locations (using the dedicated button on the display/control unit), or you can enter the coordinates to a waypoint at a different location. Each waypoint can be saved with a name, symbol, depth, water temperature, and comments. Once a waypoint has been saved, you can select and navigate to its location. You can also measure the distance to the waypoint on the Waypoint Map.
Man Overboard: From any screen, you can press the Waypoint button to mark your present location, and designate it as a Man Overboard (MOB) location. The STRIKER Vivid 7sv will then provide a direct route back to the location. MOBs and other waypoints can be deleted one at a time, or all at once, in the menu.
Routes: A route is a sequence of waypoints or locations that leads you to your final destination. To create a route, you can pick a starting point, add additional waypoints or locations, add turns, and save. Saved routes can be edited by changing the name, waypoints, or turns. Routes can be deleted one at a time, or all at once, in the menu.
Tracks: A track is a recording of the current path of your boat. You can designate a color for each track to differentiate them from each other. Tracks are created by automatically marking the current location at a set interval. The interval can be adjusted--recording more frequent plots increases accuracy, but fills up the track log quicker. You can also record tracks by the distance between points, or the variance from your course.
The Garmin STRIKER Vivid 7sv replaces these items
- CHIRP CV52HW-TM ClearVü /SideVü sonar transducer
- Quickdraw Contours mapping software
- built-in Wi-Fi® for access to Garmin's ActiveCaptain™ app