About the Garmin dēzl™ Headset 200
Get the most out of your dēzl navigator
Get the most out of your dēzl navigator
Don't take chances with your safety! Garmin's Headset 200 lets you use your dēzl OTR Series truck navigator, listen to music and other media from your phone, and take and make phone calls, all without having to divert your eyes from the road. Designed for maximum comfort, this stereo headset offers a boom microphone, memory foam ear cups, and Bluetooth technology that connects the headset with your navigator and your smartphone. While you're on the road, remove one of the ear cups so you can drive safely. When you're on a break, connect the second ear cup for stereo listening.
Once you're paired, you can take phone calls with your hands on the wheel, and listen to music, podcasts, or other media from your compatible phone. Using Garmin's dēzl app, you'll also have total access to your dēzl OTR Series truck navigator, hearing voice prompts through the headset and making voice commands through the built-in microphone. Active noise cancellation helps minimize road noise in your cabin, so you can hear more clearly.
The built-in battery charges fully in 2-1/2 hours but, in a jam, a 15-minute quick charge will give you 8 hours of battery life. Fully charged, the battery will give you up to 50 hours of talk time, and up to 25 hours of media play.
- stereo trucking headset with two earcups (one is removable for driving)
- includes a storage hook, USB cable, AUX cable, compartment for storing removable earcup
- compatible with Garmin dēzl OTR Series truck navigators
- adjustable 7" boom mic and memory foam ear cups
- active noise cancellation for better performance in noisy interiors
- built-in Bluetooth technology
- allows you to take phone calls with your hands on the wheel
- range up to 300 feet
- receives navigation prompts from a Garmin dezl OTR navigation device (sold separately)
- rechargeable 820 mAh battery
- battery life: up to 50 hours of talk time, up to 25 hours of media playback
- full charge: 2.5 hours
- 15-minute Quick Charge: gives you 8 hours of battery life
- audio inputs: Bluetooth, 3.5 mm jack
- earcup dimensions: 3.23 W" x 3.77 H" x 2.28 D"
- weight: 12 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 010-02581-00
What's in the box:
Garmin dēzl™ Headset 200 owner's manual
- Convertable 2-in-1 headset for truckers (black) with 7.5" boom microphone
- Earcup with multi-pin connector
- Storage hook
- 19" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety and Product Information
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Garmin dēzl™ Headset 200
Overview: The Garmin dēzl Headset 200 is an accessory to the dēzl OTR trucking navigation devices. The 2-in-1 headset has a 7" boom microphone, and dual over-ear cups. You can convert to a single-ear headset by removing one of the earcups. The headset pairs via Bluetooth with your dēzl OTR device or your smartphone. You can use it to listen to music, navigation prompts, or to make hands-free phone calls. The dēzl Headset 200 comes with a storage hook, USB charging cable, and an auxiliary audio cable.
Design: The dēzl Headset 200 is designed with drivers in mind. While driving, you should use the headset with one ear open (earcup removed) so you can stay aware of your surroundings. After hours, you can attach the second earcup, turning the headset into stereo headphones. As a stereo pair, the left and right channels are oriented according to the direction of the microphone boom. The plush, memory foam-padded ear cushions and headband are covered with synthetic leather for hours of comfort. These lightweight headphones weigh around 12 ounces (both earcups installed).
Bluetooth: The headset pairs with your dēzl OTR device or your smartphone via Bluetooth, with a range of up to 300 feet. The headset can pair to and switch between up to 8 Bluetooth devices. To use the headset with the dēzl OTR device, you'll need to use the Garmin dēzl app on your smartphone.
Boom Microphone: The headset is equipped with a boom microphone that can be used for multiple features. You can use the microphone for voice-activated navigation, placing a phone call, and using the Voice Assistant on your paired smartphone. You can rotate the mic boom so that the mic and headset controls are on the left side or the right, as desired. Moving the mic boom to either side automatically turns it on. Lifting the boom to the vertical position mutes the microphone.
Note: If a phone call comes in while the mic is muted, moving the boom forward (to unmute) will automatically answer the call.
ANC: The dēzl Headset 200 features Active Noise Cancellation to ensure you can clearly hear your navigation prompts and phone calls. With ANC enabled, noise from the truck cab is electronically cancelled in the headset, leaving only the audio you want to hear. The dedicated ANC button on the earcup is used to turn ANC on and off.
Garmin dēzl App: Use of the headset with a dēzl OTR device requires the Garmin dēzl app on your Apple or Android smartphone. With the app, you can use voice commands through the headset to navigate to your destination. Headset settings can be configured through the app, including the following:
- Equalizer: The EQ lets you adjust the sound in the headset by boosting some frequencies and cutting others.
- Standby Time: You can adjust the amount of time the headset remains on (standby time) when it is no longer in use.
- Noise Cancellation: The app lets you enable or disable ANC.
- Software Version and Updates: The app can display the software version of the paired headset, and will inform you if an update is available. While connected to your smartphone, updates are sent to the headset automatically.
- Help: The Help link takes you to the Garmin Support center to help you troubleshoot any issues with the headset.
Note: The Garmin dēzl app is available from Google Play for Android phones running version 6.0 and up, and from the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad running iOS 14.0 or later.
Controls: The earcup contains controls for several features of the headset:
- Mute/Unmute: Moving the microphone boom to the vertical position mutes the microphone. Moving the mic boom forward unmutes the mic.
- Power: Holding the Power button turns the headset on and off.
- Bluetooth: Press and hold the Bluetooth button to enter Pairing mode. A short press connects the headset to the next paired device.
- ANC: Pressing the ANC button enables and disables the Active Noise Cancellation feature.
- Garmin: The Garmin button lets you activate "OK Garmin" voice commands with a paired dēzl OTR device. Press and hold to activate the Voice Assistant on your paired smartphone.
- Rocker: The rocker switch moves up and down, and presses in to control volume, next/previous audio track, play/pause music, answer/end calls, and switches to a second incoming call. Short and long presses (press and hold) are recognized.
Connections: The headset has a USB-C port for charging the internal battery using the included USB-C cable. Also, a 3.5mm audio jack lets you listen to a digital audio player using the included 3.5mm aux cable.
Battery: The dēzl Headset 200 is powered by a 820mAh Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. The battery charges in approximately 2.5 hours via the included USB cable and a USB power adapter (sold separately). A fully-charged battery delivers up to 50 hours of Bluetooth talk time, up to 25 hours media play time with ANC enabled. A 15-minute quick charge gives you approximately 8 hours of use.
- Exterior: Width 3.236", Height 3.772", Depth 2.287"
- Interior: Width 1.681", Height 2.25", Depth 0.719"
- Headband: Width 1.644" Thickness 0.74"
- Boom Microphone: Width 0.398", Length 7.5"
- Headset Weight: 12 ounces