About the Garmin Tread® Audio System
A system made for powersports use
A system made for powersports use
Garmin's Tread® audio system brings ear-pleasing sound and eye-catching LED lighting to your off-road fun machine. Designed to withstand the beating and bouncing that your powersports machine is made for, this system will keep rocking while you're rolling along the trail.
The compact Tread audio box controller gives you multiple ways to enjoy your music. Tune into AM/FM radio, plug a player into the AUX input, or pair up a device and enjoy your tunes via Bluetooth streaming. You can control the volume, source, lighting, and more with the included wireless remote or you can download the free Tread app and use your phone. And, of course, this IP67-rated audio system is designed to work seamlessly with your Garmin Tread powersports navigator.
Powerful, colorful speakers
Whatever you're playing will sound great blasting out of the included 6-1/2” cage-mount speakers. These rugged speakers produces 50 watts of RMS power (200 peak) and feature RGB LEDs that you can tune to suit your tastes. Pick a color you like, or set them to pulse in sync with your music, your vehicle's speed, and more. You'll have plenty of cool settings to play with.
These speakers are IP67-rated to withstand dust, water, and weather, so they'll keep the party going even when the going gets rough. They'll fit roll bars from 1.3" (3.3 cm) to 2.0" (5.1 cm) outer diameter.
- system includes audio box, two 6-1/2" speakers, wireless remote
- Garmin Tread audio box (does not play CDs)
- built-in amplifier (100 watts RMS/200 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- AM/FM tuner
- IP67-rated for weather resistance
- dimensions: 8.3" x 5.1" x 2.2"
- wireless remote included
- warranty: 1 year
Garmin XS-LED 2-way marine speakers
- adjustable RGB LED lighting
- polypropylene cones with cloth surrounds
- aluminum dome tweeters
- power handling: 50 watts RMS (200 peak)
- Frequency response: 80 Hz-18 kHz
- IP67-rated for weather resistance
- dimensions: 6.9" x 8.8"
- hanging weight: 5-1/2 lbs.
- tube mounts included
- fit roll bars from 1.3" to 2.0" outer diameter
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02646-00
What's in the box:
Garmin Tread® Audio System owner's manual
- Amplifier/LED controller (installed 15A mini-ATC fuse)
- 10-Wire speaker/power harness
- 16-Wire RGB harness
- 7" Pre-amp harness
- Remote control (installed CR2032 battery)
- Remote control mounting ring
- 5.5' Wire antenna with Motorola connector
- 3' 8-gauge power wire
- 3' 8-gauge ground wire
- Two 6.5" RGB tower speakers with attached 9' bare-ended wire harness
- 2 Mounting clamps
- Eight 10" wire-ties
- 12 Crimp connectors
- Audio Box Controller instruction manual
- Speaker Installation instructions
- Safety and warranty information
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Garmin Tread® Audio System
Overview: The Garmin Tread Audio System includes a Tread Audio Box controller, with built-in 4x100W RMS amplifier, AM/FM tuner, Auxiliary input, Bluetooth audio streaming, and RGB LED lighting control. The Tread Audio system also includes a wireless remote control and a pair of Tread XS-LED 6.5" Tower Speakers with RGB lighting. The Garmin Tread Audio System carries an IP67 weatherproof rating and can be wirelessly integrated with an optional Garmin Tread GPS navigation device (sold separately).
Wireless Control: The Garmin Tread Audio Box offers two methods for controlling the audio system:
- App: The Tread Audio Box can be controlled through your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone using the Tread App, available for iOS and Android devices.
- Remote Control: A wireless remote control is provided for operating the Tread Audio system. Controls include Track Forward/Back, Volume +/-, Source selection, and Play/Pause. For the AUX source, Track buttons will increase/decrease the signal gain, and the Play/Pause button can be used to Mute the signal. The compact remote control includes a mounting bracket with adhesive backing that can easily be mounted on a dash, console, or other flat surface. The control operates on a single CR2032 battery (included), and wirelessly connects to the Audio Box with an operating range of approximately 33'.
- Tread GPS Navigation (optional): The Tread Audio System can also be integrated with an optional Garmin Tread GPS navigation device (sold separately), letting you control your audio, music settings, and more from the navigator's screen.
Amplifier: The Garmin Tread Audio Box hideaway amplifier and controller features a compact class-D amplifier with four speaker outputs that can each provide 100W RMS (200W peak) @ 4Ω.
2-Zone Speaker Outputs: The Tread Audio Box features four speaker outputs, grouped into two Zones (1&2) with two speaker outputs for each. Using the Tread app on a paired device, you have selections for Loudness, Subwoofer Filter, Bass, Middle, and Treble for each zone independently, as well as naming each zone.
Note: Zones 1 & 2 cannot play separate input sources.
Pre-Amp Outputs: The Tread Audio Box includes a pair of full-range RCA pre-outs for running to an outboard amplifier (sold separately). The stereo pre-outs are tied in with the Zone 1 speaker outputs. The Audio Box also includes a single mono Subwoofer pre-out for connecting an optional powered subwoofer or sub amplifier (both sold separately). A variable low-pass filter can be set using the Tread app from a paired device.
Input Sources: The Garmin Tread Audio system provides multiple options for playback:
- Bluetooth Audio: The Tread Audio Box lets you pair your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone for audio streaming. A Bluetooth button, with corresponding LED indicator, on the Audio Box is used to initiate pairing. The system has a Bluetooth wireless range of up to 30'.
- Auxiliary Input: A pair of AUX RCA input jacks lets you connect a portable playback device to be played through the system.
- AM/FM Tuner: The Tread Audio Box features a built-in AM/FM tuner for playing for favorite stations. A 5.5' FM wire antenna is included.
RGB LED Lighting Control: The Tread Audio Box can be used to power and control your RGB LED lighting using the Tread app or from an optional connected Tread navigation device. You can set the LED Color, sync the lighting to your music or the speed of your vehicle, and display a call sign color during a group ride. Four sets of RGB wiring are included:
- RGB 1&2: These two outputs provide Red, Green, and Blue negative (-) wires along with Black (+12V).
- Addressable LED 1&2: These two outputs can be used with optional addressable LED types WS2812B and WS2813 (sold separately). Each 3-wire output provides a Red (+5V), White (ground), and Green/Black (Data) line.
USB: A front-panel micro-B USB port is currently not used.
Power: The Tread Audio Box requires +12VDC and Ground connections to your vehicle and features two screw-terminals for attaching the included 3' power and ground cables. Each 8-gauge cable is terminated with a 0.17" ring terminal on one end, for connection to the Audio Box, and a 0.34" ring terminal on the other end for connection to the battery/ground or a distribution block.
Mounting: The Garmin Tread Audio Box's compact size allows it to be mounted in tight spaces. Four integrated mounting tabs are provided for mounting it to a flat surface (mounting hardware not included). The Audio Box carries an IP67 weatherproof rating making it ideal for outdoor conditions.
Tread Audio Box Dimensions:
- Width: 8.11"
- Height: 2.20"
- Depth: 5.12"
Wireless Remote Control Dimensions (w/ mount):
- Diameter: 2.55"
- Depth: 0.43"
Speakers & Enclosures: The included Garmin Tread 6.5" XS-LED Tower Speakers feature a 6-1/2" 2-way speaker mounted in a sealed enclosure that's designed for the outdoor environment. The woofer features a polypropylene cone with a cloth surround, along with a coaxially mounted 1" aluminum dome tweeter. The Tread 6.5" XS-LED Tower Speakers carry an IP67 rating, making them impervious to the elements.
Power Handling: The Tread 6.5" XS-LED Tower Speakers (4O) can handle 50W RMS (200W peak), with a recommended power range of 20-150W each.
RGB Lighting: The Garmin powersports speakers include built-in RGB LED lighting that can illuminate the woofer cone in a wide variety of colors. RGB lighting control can be made through the Tread app when the speakers are connected to the included Audio Box amplifier/controller. The RGB LEDs operate on 10.8-16VDC and require 150mA of current (@ 14.4V.
Mounting: The Tread 6.5" XS-LED Tower Speakers include mounting clamps that allow them to be mounted on tubing between 1.31" and 2.0" in diameter. Two bolts on the mounting clamp secure the speaker in place and can be loosened to swivel the speaker up to 360°.
Wiring: Each Tread speaker enclosure includes an attached 9" length of bare-ended 18-ga. speaker wire and 22-ga. RGB wire. The wire harness is encased in a thick rubber sheath for added protection and durability.
- Diameter: 6.97"
- Depth: 8.86"
- Height: 10.13" (w/ mounting clamps)
1 question already asked