About the Garmin Alpha® 200 & TT™ 15X Collar Bundle
Training/tracking device and collar for your dog or pack
Training/tracking device and collar for your dog or pack
Run and train your dog freely with this hunt-ready bundle containing the Garmin Alpha 200 handheld GPS and TT 15X tracking and training collar. You'll have up to nine miles of coverage to keep tabs on your dog's speed, direction, and distance, and the Alpha's intuitive buttons allow for simple training of your dog when paired with the TT 15X. The Alpha's 3.5" color touchscreen lets you keep track with the included TopoActive and BirdsEye maps, for a clear picture of where you're going. With additional collars or handhelds, you can keep track of up to 20 dogs or companions.
A collar that can go the distance
The TT 15X collar is rugged and water-resistant to 32 feet, so it's tough enough to keep up with your dog through all kinds of terrain. It also has built-in LED beacon lights to help locate your dog in low-light conditions. Customize the intensity by choosing between traditional or linear stimulation. The device defaults to linear stimulation which provides progressively more stimulation from levels 1 to 18. You can also choose the traditional method which allows you to make quick changes (low, medium, or high) within a predetermined level (1 to 6).
See your surroundings clearly on the Alpha 200's 3.5" color display
The Alpha 200 can connect with GPS or Galileo satellites every 2.5 seconds, for reliable location tracking no matter where you or your dogs roam. And it comes with a rechargeable battery with up to 20 hours of juice at the ready. Built-in Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® Low Energy, and ANT+ ensure you stay connected wirelessly. The collar's rechargeable battery lasts up to 80 hours and can be extended by putting the collar in "rescue mode," which reduces the frequency of tracking updates when battery life is low. The collar's "sleep mode" also enhances battery life by allowing the user to use their compatible handheld device as a remote control to disable or enable active tracking quickly.
The Alpha 200's ready for the field with rugged waterproof construction. The 3.5" color capacitive touchscreen works in bright sunlight, and the six buttons make it simple to make quick adjustments to your dog's training regimen.
Your Alpha handheld comes pre-loaded with TopoActive maps which give you detailed views of terrain contours, topographic elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes, and geographical points, plus federal public land boundaries. You can mark waypoints, create routes, and record tracks. Set up a custom geofence and you'll get notified if your dog enters or leaves that area. You can also keep an eye on where other Alpha-toting members of your group are.
The Alpha 200 also includes free lifetime access to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery where you can download highly-detailed raster maps. These high-res overhead images provide a real-life view of roads, parking areas, and terrain — a great supplement to the comprehensive TopoActive maps on your Alpha. The 200 comes with 16GB internal memory, plus a microSD™ card slot so you can add even more maps, including optional Garmin TOPO U.S. 24K and HuntView content.
Roam where you want to
The Alpha 200 comes with a barometric altimeter and 3-axis electronic compass to help you keep your bearings. Built-in hunt metrics let you track each dog's performance over time, so you can adjust their training and keep them from overheating. The pro view compass mode gives you at-a-glance tracking that shows which direction and how far away your dogs are, plus you will see when a dog is “Treed” or “OnPoint.”
Don't lose your pack's info
When dealing with a bevy of barkers, the Alpha 200 really shines. It offers a dog list and group management functions so you can keep up with active dogs on your expeditions without losing the settings for inactive dogs. Store up to 250 dogs as contacts and pull them up easily on your next hunt.
Use your Alpha 200 with another device
There are a few ways you can employ the Alpha 200 with another device. When paired with Garmin's DriveTrack, it lets you see where your dog is from the truck. If you've got a Garmin Instinct, fenix, or tactix watch, you can use Garmin's Dog Tracking widget. And if you have an Alpha 200i or an Astro device, you can use the Alpha 200 as a companion for receiving information.
Employ the Garmin Explore app
The Garmin Explore app lets you get more out of your Alpha 200 on your smartphone or tablet. It displays dog tracking data in an easy-to-follow fashion, with dog locations, tracks, and more, overlaid on a map inside the Explore app. You can also sync and view tracks after the hunt without missing any data, so you can review each dog's performance and take the next steps in their training.
Note: The TT 15X collar included with this package is black in color.
- dog training and tracking system includes one TT 15 collar device and Alpha 200 handheld unit
- additional TT 15X collars (sold separately) allow you to track and train up to 20 dogs
TT 15X collar device:
- top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver for better tracking than GPS alone
- range: 9 miles
- 18.5" standard antenna
- 22.5" extended-range antenna
- user-replaceable 1" black collar strap fits minimum neck circumference of 9.5"
- water rating: 1 ATM (10 meters)
- remotely operable LED beacon lights to locate your dog in low-light situations
- powered by rechargeable lithium-ion battery (cable included)
- approximate battery life: up to 80 hours
- sleep mode disables active tracking (toggle on/off using handheld device)
- rescue mode conserves battery power when battery life is below 25%
- module dimensions: 1.87"W x 1.76"H x 3.52"D
- weight: 10 oz. (including collar)
Alpha 200 handheld:
- 3.5" color (282 x 470 pixels) capacitive TFT touchscreen display
- built-in Wi-Fi, ANT+, and Bluetooth Low Energy
- electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- notifies you when your dog is "on point" or "treed"
- six buttons for fast training cues and minor adjustments in the field
- notifies you when your dog is barking (not available in all areas)
- training functions:
- non-stimulating audible tone and vibration options
- traditional stimulation allows you to make quick changes (low, medium, or high) within a predetermined stimulation level (1-6)
- linear stimulation allows progressively more stimulation from levels 1-18
- tracks up to 20 dogs or people
- each member of the party must have their own device (Alpha 200 handhelds for people and TT 15 or TT 15 Mini collars for dogs)
- measures each dog's speed, direction, and distance traveled
- delivers their exact position as often as every 2.5 seconds
- can also be used with tracking-only T 5X collar for competitions that don't allow stimulation
- 16 GB internal memory
- preloaded TopoActive maps
- access to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (no subscription required)
- set up virtual boundaries for your dog, and get notified if she strays outside of that area
- compatible with Garmin DriveTrack™ 71 for a big-picture solution for your vehicle
- powered by rechargeable lithium-ion battery (cable included)
- approximate battery life: 20 hours
- dimensions: 2.7"W x 6.4"H x 1.3"D
- weight: 9.9 oz. with antenna and battery
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02755-00
What's in the box:
- Dog tracking/training handheld device
- 4.75" Screw-in antenna
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery (3.7V 1960mAh 7.25Wh)
- Belt clip
- Snap-on button clip
- 19" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- AC adapter with dual USB ports (DC output: 5V 2.4A)
- Dog tracking/training device on 25" x 1" black collar strap
- 2 Short contact points (installed)
- 21" Extended range antenna (installed)
- 2 Long contact points
- Contact point wrench
- Charging clip with 13" cable (right-angled female Mini-B USB plug)
- 40" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and male Mini-B USB on other end)
- Quick Start Manual
- Important Safety and Product Information
- BirdsEye Direct-to-Device information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin Alpha® 200 & TT™ 15X Collar Bundle
Overview: The Garmin Alpha 200/TT 15X Bundle includes the Alpha 200 handheld unit and a TT 15X Dog Device. The Alpha 200 lets you track up to 20 dogs from up to 9 miles away. It also lets you train your dogs with tone, vibration, or corrective stimulation. The device is preloaded with topographical maps, and includes direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery. The TT 15X Dog Device is a long range dog tracking and training collar, with a sensitive GPS receiver, VHF radio transceiver, and corrective stimulation device. The collar comes with two sets of contact points, and a charging clip. The bundle includes an AC adapter with two USB-A ports and USB cables for charging the handheld unit and dog device.
MURS/VHF: The Alpha 200 communicates using two-way MURS (Multi-Use Radio Service) in the VHF radio band. The handheld device can track up to 20 dogs (each using a compatible dog device, including TT 15X, TT 15, TT 15 Mini, T5 X, T5, or T5 Mini) and buddies (with other Alpha handhelds).
GPS Tracking: The Alpha 200 uses data from GPS (the U.S. Global Positioning System) and Galileo (the European Union's version of GPS) satellites to pinpoint the location of each dog. The GPS data is transmitted via radio frequencies from the dog collar devices to the handheld device. Having access to multiple global navigation systems provides much greater accuracy than using GPS only.
Display and Maps: The Alpha 200 has a 1.8"W x 3"H (3.5" diagonal) color touchscreen display with a resolution of 282 x 470 pixels. The preloaded detailed TopoActive maps provide detailed views of terrain contours, topographic elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes, and geographical points. The device also has loaded Public Land boundaries on the topo maps so you'll know where you're supposed to be. The Alpha 200 has a built-in 16 GB memory, and a slot for a microSD memory card for additional storage or pre-loaded maps, such as TOPO 24K and HuntViewPlus (sold separately by Garmin).
BirdsEye Satellite Images: BirdsEye Satellite Imagery provides an extra set of eyes at the surrounding terrain by providing overhead images of your route, your location, trailheads, clearings, and much more. You can download BirdsEye images directly to your device when it is connected to a Wi-Fi network. The file size depends upon the image quality and the radius of the area you select.
Tracking: Up to 20 Dog Devices can be paired with the Alpha 200 handheld unit at once. You can maintain a full list of your dogs, keeping inactive dogs on your list until you need to recall them for the next hunt. After pairing each dog's collar device with the Alpha 200, you can track your dogs on the map. Each dog is displayed on the map with an icon showing their current status: sitting, running, on point, treed, or unknown. You can also view the direction and distance to your dog on the tracking compass display. The Alpha 200 can alert you when your dog enters or exits an invisible boundary you have set up (Geofence Alert), or when your dog gets within or outside of a certain distance away from you (Radius Alert).
Training: The Alpha 200 and TT 15X (or other Dog Device) can be used to effectively train your dog. Before attempting to train your dog with the Alpha system, you should thoroughly research the training methods that are best suited for you, your dog, and your training goals. The Alpha 200 offers three training methods, which can be applied using separate buttons on the handheld display:
- Tone: The Alpha 200 activates an audible tone on the Dog Device that can be used as either a positive or negative training cue.
- Vibration: The Dog Device vibrates each time you press the training key, to provide a cue to your dog. The maximum vibration is 8 seconds.
- Stimulation: Using the collar's contact points, the Dog Device delivers corrective electrical stimulation, either brief momentary stimulation, or continuous stimulation up to 8 seconds. You can use linear or traditional stimulation in your training. Linear stimulation lets you use progressive stimulation from level 1 to 18. Traditional stimulation lets you make quick changes using low, medium, or high settings within predetermined stimulation levels (1 through 6).
Contact Tracking: The Alpha 200 can also be used to track other hunters (using other Alpha devices) and to make contact or send messages to them. Each additional Alpha device must be added as a contact to your handheld device. When additional devices are paired to the Alpha 200, you can send Emergency Alerts, send Preset Messages, and track your contacts. The Alpha 200 system can also mark your truck's location while you're hunting so you can navigate your way back.
Dog Collar Device: The TT 15X's device is mounted to the top of a 1" wide black polyurethane-coated collar strap. This rugged device is water resistant with a 1 ATM rating (withstands pressures equivalent to a depth of 10 meters). With a compatible handheld device, you can track your dog up to 9 miles away. The collar comes with a 21" extended range antenna (attached). In addition to GPS tracking, the device can also be used to adminster corrective stimulation when training. Two sets of contact points (long and short) are included.
LEDs: The TT 15X is equipped with three LEDs on its side. These LEDs show the status of the dog collar device by glowing or flashing different colors: Flashing (turning on), Solid Red (turning off or charging), Solid Green (charged), Double-blink or Triple-blink Green (acquired satellite signals), Flashing Green (ready to link to handheld device).
Collar Strap: The collar fits dogs with neck sizes of 9.5" in circumference and up. Additional 1" collar straps are available from the manufacturer in a wide variety of colors.
Other Compatible Devices: With the Garmin Explore app on your iOS (13.0 or later) or Android smartphone, you can see real-time dog tracking information, save collections of dog tracks, and replay tracks to see exactly what happened during the hunt. If you're using a vehicle to follow and retrieve your dogs, you can use the Garmin Tread off-road powersport navigator, the Garmin DriveTrack 71 car navigator, or a Garmin Montana 700-series (750i, 700i, or 700) handheld device (each sold separately).
Power Options: The Alpha 200 is powered by a user-replaceable 3.7-volt 1960mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The battery charges inside the handheld device in approximately 2 hours using the supplied USB power adapter. A fully charged battery provides up to 20 hours of tracking time. The TT 15X is powered by a Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. Estimated battery life is up to 80 hours per charge, and can be charged via the charging clip and the AC or DC power adapters included. Battery life varies with the handheld device in use. The battery is user-replaceable when it becomes worn out. A replacement battery (item # 361-00029-04) is available from the manufacturer.Software Updates: Updates to the Alpha 200 and TT 15X dog collar device can be downloaded using Garmin Express software, available for Mac and Windows.
- Operating Temperature Range: -4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
- Charging Temperature Range:
- Alpha 200: 32° to 113°F (0° to 45°C)
- TT 15X: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Wireless Frequencies: 152-169 MHz @ 24.2 dBm maximum, 2.4 GHz @ 6.9 dBm maximum
- Alpha 200: Width 2.766", Height 6.382" (10.02" w/antenna), Depth 1.335"
- TT 15X: Length 3.466", Height (including points) 2.119", Width 1.873"
- Alpha 200: 9.9 ounces (with battery and antenna)
- TT 15X: 7.3 ounces (10 ounces with the collar)
1 question already asked