About the Garmin T 5X Dog Collar
Track your furry friend
Track your furry friend
If you need a tracking-only collar device for your hunting dog or hiking buddy, the T 5X will not let you down. Use it in conjunction with Garmin's Alpha®, Astro®, or PRO handheld devices to keep track of your dog from up to nine miles away. The top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver updates your canine's location as often as every 2.5 seconds, so you always know where she is.
A blue collar strap is included with the T 5X.
It can go the distance
The T 5X is rugged and water-resistant to 32 feet, so it's tough enough to keep up with your dog through all kinds of terrain. Built-in LED beacon lights help locate your dog in low-light conditions.
The rechargeable battery lasts up to 80 hours and can be extended by putting the collar in "rescue mode," which reduces the frequency of tracking updates when battery life is low. The collar's "sleep mode" also enhances battery life by allowing the user to use their compatible handheld device as a remote control to disable or enable active tracking quickly.
- dog tracking device for use with compatible Garmin handheld systems
- top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver for better tracking than GPS alone
- range: 9 miles
- 18.5" standard antenna
- 22.5" extended-range antenna
- user-replaceable blue 1" collar strap fits minimum neck circumference of 9.5"
- water rating: 1 ATM (10 meters)
- remotely operable LED beacon lights to locate your dog in low-light situations
- compatible with various Garmin Alpha, Astro, and PRO devices for tracking only (no training capability)
- powered by rechargeable lithium-ion battery (cable included)
- approximate battery life: up to 80 hours
- sleep mode disables active tracking (toggle on/off using handheld device)
- rescue mode conserves battery power when battery life is below 25%
- 3-1/2"W x 1-3/4"H x 1-7/8"D
- weight: 9.3 oz. (including collar)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02755-70
What's in the box:
Garmin T 5X Dog Collar owner's manual
- Dog tracking device on 25" x 1" blue collar
- 21" Extended range antenna (installed)
- 18.5" Standard antenna
- Charging clip with 13" cable (right-angled female Mini-B USB plug)
- 68" DC vehicle battery charging cable with male Mini-B USB plug (DC output: 4.75-5.25 volts/1A)
- AC adapter with attached 5' DC output cable (DC output: 5V 1A)
- US 2-prong AC plug adapter
- Quick Start Manual
- Important Safety and Product Information
- Power Adapter Assembly Instruction
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Garmin T 5X Dog Collar
Overview: The Garmin T 5X Dog Device is a long range dog tracking collar, with a sensitive GPS receiver and VHF radio transceiver. The T 5X works with the Alpha 200i, Alpha 200, Alpha 100, Alpha 10, Astro 430, and PRO 550 Plus handheld devices (all sold separately). The collar comes with a charging clip with AC and DC power adapters.
Dog Collar Device: The T 5X's device is mounted to the top of a 1" wide blue polyurethane-coated collar strap. This rugged device is water resistant with a 1 ATM rating (withstands pressures equivalent to a depth of 10 meters). With the compatible handheld device, you can track your dog up to 9 miles away. The collar comes with interchangeable antennas: a 21" extended range antenna (attached) and an 18.5" standard antenna.
Note: The T 5X device is for dog tracking only. For tracking and training, see the TT 15X Dog Device.
GPS Tracking: The T 5X lets you track your dog's location from up to nine miles away. The device uses data from GPS (Global Positioning System) and GLONASS (Russia's version of GPS) satellites to pinpoint its location. The GPS data is transmitted via VHF radio frequencies to the handheld unit. The Alpha 200/200i handheld device lets you view your dog's location on a map. Up to 20 dogs collar devices can be linked to a single handheld device.
LEDs: The T 5X is equipped with three LEDs on its side. These LEDs show the status of the dog collar device by glowing or flashing different colors: Flashing (turning on), Solid Red (turning off or charging), Solid Green (charged), Double-blink or Triple-blink Green (acquired satellite signals), Flashing Green (ready to link to handheld device).
Collar Strap: The collar fits dogs with neck sizes of 9.5" in circumference and up. Additional 1" collar straps are available directly from Garmin in a wide variety of colors.
Power Options: The T 5X is powered by a Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. Estimated battery life is up to 80 hours per charge, and can be charged via the charging clip and the AC or DC power adapters included. Battery life varies with the handheld device in use. The battery is user-replaceable when it becomes worn out. A replacement battery (item # 361-00029-04) is available from the manufacturer.
Software Updates: Updates to the T 5X dog collar device can be downloaded using Garmin Express software, available for Mac and Windows.
- Operating Temperature Range: -4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
- Charging Temperature Range: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Wireless Frequencies: 152-169 MHz @ 24.2 dBm maximum, 2.4 GHz @ 6.9 dBm maximum
- Dimensions: 3.46" length x 1.891" height x 1.878" width
- Device Weight: 6.6 ounces (9.3 ounces with the collar)