About the Garmin Constant Power Cable
Garmin makes it easy to add constant power for your compatible Garmin dash cam, even when your vehicle is turned off. Just plug this adapter into your OBDII port (usually under your dash) and you'll have two USB Type A ports for easy access to power. You even have three options for the duration of the power, between 10 minutes and always.
- constant power cable
- plugs into vehicle's OBDII port
- provides two USB Type A inputs for power
- choose between 10 minutes, 24 hours, and always-on constant power
- not compatible with commercial vehicles with a J1939 connector
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-12530-23
What's in the box:
- 12" Constant power cable with OBD-II plug on one end and dual USB-A ports on the other end
- Adhesive-backed hook-and-loop pad
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin Constant Power Cable
Overview: The Constant Power Cable provides power to Garmin Dash Cameras without taking up a 12V power port. The 12" cable plugs into your vehicle's OBD II port, and provides constant power to two Type A USB ports. This lets your Dash Camera to continue to operate in Parking Mode with the engine off. The Constant Power Cable can also power or charge most any electronic device that requires USB power. A 3-way switch on the OBD-II plug lets you choose the duration of the power output. The cable is not compatible with commercial vehicles with a J1939 connector.
OBD II Port: The OBD-II (On-board Diagnostic) port is a female 16-pin port on most passenger vehicles, usually located near the steering wheel. Plugging the Constant Power Cable into the OBD II port connects it to battery power (constant), ignition power (switched), and chassis ground to power the two USB ports.
USB Output: The USB connector features two USB-A ports, each with a 5V 1.5A output. It allows you to power your Garmin Dash Cam with one port, and one other device, such as a smart phone. An adhesive-backed hook-and-loop pad is provided for attaching the USB connector to your dashboard.
Time Switch: The Constant Power Cable's Time Switch lets you determine the length of time the device continues to supply power after you exit the vehicle. The switch has three positions: 10 minutes (10m), 24 hours (24h), and Always On (∞).
Status LED: The OBD-II plug has an LED that shows the status of the device:
- Solid Red: the device is supplying power to the connected devices
- Flashing Red: the timer has expired and the device is no longer suppying power to the connected devices
- Off: the device is receiving less than 12V of power, and the low battery protection feature has turned off the device to protect the vehicle's battery
- Input: 12-16V DC, 1.6A max
- Output: 5V 1.5A each (3A total)
- OBD II plug: Width 1.832", Height 0.868", Depth 1.355"
- USB Port Module: Width 0.699", Height 0.844", Depth 0.99"
- Cable Length: 12"
- Weight: 1.65 ounces