About the Garmin Alpha® 100 Bundle
Track and train
Track and train
This Alpha 100 bundle from Garmin includes everything you need to track and train your dog out in the field. The TT 15 collar device has a top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver that can update your dog's location as often as every 2.5 seconds, so you always know where she is. Use the Alpha handheld device to see your dog's speed, traveling direction, and distance — up to nine miles away.
Set up virtual boundaries for your dog, and get notified if she strays outside of that area.
The system also allows you to train your dog with audible tone and vibration settings. Or, choose to administer momentary or continuous stimulation using the handheld's training keys.
Customize the intensity by choosing between traditional or linear stimulation. The device defaults to linear stimulation which provides progressively more stimulation from levels 1 to 18. You can also choose the traditional method which allows you to make quick changes (low, medium, or high) within a predetermined level (1 to 6).
It can go the distance
The TT 15 collar is rugged and water-resistant to 32 feet, so it's tough enough to keep up with your dog through all kinds of terrain. It also has built-in LED beacon lights to help locate your dog in low-light conditions.
The rechargeable battery lasts a long time and can be extended by putting the collar in "rescue mode."
More than one dog? Add more collars.
The Alpha handheld can actually track and train up to 20 dogs. Add more dual-purpose TT 15 or TT 15 Mini collars if you need to be able to remotely communicate with the whole pack. Or, if you only need to track your dog, you can use the Alpha with a T 5 collar — a great option for field trials and competitions that don't allow stimulation.
Your Alpha handheld comes pre-loaded with TOPO U.S. 100K maps so you can be up and running in no time. You can mark waypoints, create routes, and record tracks. Set up a custom geofence and you'll get notified if your dog enters or leaves that area. You can also keep an eye on where other Alpha-toting members of your group are. All from the palm of your hand.
This bundle also includes a 1-year subscription to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery where you can download some highly-detailed raster maps. These high-res overhead images provide a real-life view of roads, parking areas, and terrain — a great supplement to the comprehensive topographic maps on your Alpha.
- dog training and tracking system includes one TT™ 15 collar device and Alpha® 100 handheld unit
- additional TT 15 or TT 15 mini collars (sold separately) allow you to track and train up to 20 dogs
- can be used to control your VIRB 360 action camera (sold separately) from long distances
TT 15 collar device:
- top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver for better tracking than GPS alone
- range: 9 miles
- 18.5" standard antenna
- 22.5" extended-range antenna
- user replaceable 1" collar strap fits neck sizes between 13" and 22"
- black collar strap included
- water rating: 1 ATM (10 meters)
- remotely operable LED beacon lights to locate your dog in low-light situations
- powered by rechargeable lithium-ion battery (cable included)
- approximate battery life: 20-40 hours
- rescue mode conserves battery power
- 3-1/2"W x 1-3/4"H x 1-7/8"D
- weight: 10 oz. (including collar)
Alpha 100 handheld:
- glove-friendly 3" color touchscreen display
- electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- notifies you when your dog is "on point" or "treed"
- notifies you when your dog is barking (not available in all areas)
- training functions:
- non-stimulating audible tone and vibration options
- traditional stimulation allows you to make quick changes (low, medium, or high) within a predetermined stimulation level (1-6)
- linear stimulation allows progressively more stimulation from levels 1-18
- tracks up to 20 dogs or people
- each member of the party must have his or her own device (Alpha 100 handhelds for people and TT 15 or TT 15 mini collars for dogs)
- measures each dog's speed, direction, and distance traveled
- delivers their exact position as often as every 2.5 seconds
- can also be used with tracking-only T 5 collar for competitions that don't allow stimulation
- pre-loaded TOPO U.S. 100k maps
- includes 1-year subscription to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery for a high-res view of your surroundings
- set up virtual boundaries for your dog, and get notified if she strays outside of that area
- compatible with Garmin DriveTrack™ 71 for a big-picture solution for your vehicle
- powered by rechargeable lithium-ion battery (cable included)
- approximate battery life: 20 hours
- 2-1/2"W x 6-1/2"H x 1-1/2"D
- weight: 8.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01041-50
What's in the box:
- Dog tracking / training handheld device
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.7V 1960mAh 7.25Wh)
- Belt clip
- Spring-loaded strap clip
- 5" Standard-range VHF antenna
- 13" Extended-range VHF antenna
- TT 15 dog training device on black 24" x 1" collar
- 22.5" Extended range antenna (installed)
- 18.5" Standard antenna
- 2 Short contact points (installed)
- 2 Long contact points
- Contact point wrench
- Contact point receptacle cover
- 12" Collar device charging cable with female Mini-B USB
- 15" Split adapter cable (right-angled female Mini-B USB connector on one end and two right-angled male Mini-B USB connectors on other end)
- 68" DC battery charging cable with male Mini-B USB plug
- AC adapter with attached 5' DC output cable (DC output: 5V 1A)
- US 2-prong AC plug adapter
- 39" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and male Mini-B USB connector on other end)
- Garmin field bag
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety and Product Information
- BirdsEye Satellite Imagery Subscription activation card
More details on the Garmin Alpha® 100 Bundle
Overview: The Garmin Alpha 100 bundle contains a handheld GPS dog tracking device and one TT 15 dog device. The Alpha 100 allows you to track up to 20 dogs from up to 9 miles away. It also lets you train your dogs with tone, vibration, or corrective stimulation. The device is preloaded with TOPO U.S. 100K maps, and includes a one year subscription to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery. A durable field bag is included with this bundle.
MURS/VHF: The Alpha 100 communicates using MURS (Multi-Use Radio Service) in the VHF radio band. The TT 15, TT 15 Mini, T5, and T5 Mini dog devices are all compatible with the Alpha 100. The handheld device can track up to 20 dogs (using one of the above dog devices) and buddies (with other Alpha 100 handhelds).
Display and Maps: The Alpha 100 has a 1.53"W x 2.55"H (3" diagonal) touchscreen display with 65K color, and a resolution of 240 x 400 pixels. The preloaded detailed topographic maps are comparable to 1:100,000 scale USGS maps. The maps include terrain contours, TOPO elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes, and geographical points. The Alpha 100 has a built-in 4 GB memory, and a slot for a microSD memory card for additional storage or pre-loaded maps.
Tracking: The Alpha 100 works with the TT 15 or TT 15 Mini Dog Devices. Up to 20 Dog Devices can be paired with the handheld unit at once. After pairing each dog's collar device with the Alpha 100, you can track your dogs on the map. Each dog is displayed on the map with an icon showing their current status: sitting, running, on point, treed, or unknown. You can also view the direction and distance to your dog on the tracking compass display. The Alpha 100 can alert you when your dog enters or exits an invisible boundary you have set up (Geofence Alert), or when your dog gets within or outside of a certain distance away from you (Radius Alert).
Note: Tracking range is 9 miles for the TT 15 and 4 miles for the TT 15 Mini.
Training: The Alpha 100 and TT 15 can be used to effectively train your dog. Before attempting to train your dog with the Alpha system, you should thoroughly research the training methods that are best suited for you, your dog, and your training goals. The Alpha 100 offers three training methods, which can be applied using separate buttons on the handheld display:
- Tone: The Alpha 100 activates an audible tone on the Dog Device that can be used as either a positive or negative training cue.
- Vibration: The Dog Device vibrates each time you press the training key, to provide a cue to your dog. The maximum vibration is 8 seconds.
- Stimulation: Using the included contact points, the Dog Device delivers corrective electrical stimulation, either brief momentary stimulation, or continuous stimulation up to 8 seconds. You can use linear or traditional stimulation in your training. Linear stimulation lets you use progressive stimulation from level 1 to 18. Traditional stimulation lets you make quick changes using low, medium, or high settings within predetermined stimulation levels (1 through 6).
Contact Tracking: The Alpha 100 can also be used to track other hunters (using other Alpha 100s) and to make contact or send messages to them. Each additional Alpha 100 device must be added as a contact to your handheld device. When additional devices are paired to the Alpha 100, you can send Emergency Alerts, send Preset Messages, and track your contacts. The Alpha 100 system can also mark your truck's location while you're hunting so you can navigate your way back.
DriveTrack 71 Compatible: You can track your dogs from your vehicle using the optional Garmin DriveTrack 71 GPS navigation device. As long as the Alpha 100 handheld device is within 10 feet of the DriveTrack 71, you can view the location of each dog on the 6.95" screen, and navigate your vehicle to them.
Power Options: The Alpha 100 is powered by a Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The battery charges inside the handheld device in approximately 2 hours using the supplied DC or AC power adapters. The included cable splitter lets you simultaneously charge the Alpha 100 and a TT 15 (or other) dog device.
Overview: The Garmin TT 15 Dog Device is a long range dog tracking and training collar, with a sensitive GPS receiver, VHF radio transceiver, and corrective stimulation device. The collar comes with two sets of contact points, and a charging clip with AC and DC power adapters. The TT 15 Mini Dog Device is designed for smaller dogs, and has a shorter range.
Dog Collar Device: The TT 15's device is mounted to the top of a 1" wide black polyurethane-coated collar strap. This rugged device is water resistant with a 1 ATM rating (withstands pressures equivalent to a depth of 10 meters). With the Alpha 100 handheld device, you can track your dog up to 9 miles away. The collar comes with interchangeable antennas: a 22.5" extended range antenna (attached) and an 18.5" standard antenna. In addition to GPS tracking, the device can also be used to adminster corrective stimulation when training. Two sets of contact points (long and short) are included. The TT 15 device is 3.5" x 1.85" x 1.75", and weighs 7.3 ounces (10 ounces including the collar).
Collar Strap: The collar fits dogs with neck sizes of 9.5" in circumference and up. Additional 1" collar straps are available from the manufacturer in multiple colors.
GPS Tracking: The TT 15 lets you track your dog's location from up to nine miles away. The device uses data from GPS (Global Positioning System) and GLONASS (Russia's version of GPS) satellites to pinpoint its location. The GPS data is transmitted via VHF radio frequencies to the handheld unit. The Alpha 100 handheld device lets you view your dog's location on a map. Up to 20 dogs collar devices can be linked to a single handheld device.
Dog Training: The TT 15 Dog Device can be an effective tool for training your dog, when used with the Alpha 100 handheld device. The device can deliver tone, vibration, and corrective stimulation through the included contact points. Choosing the type and intensity of stimulation requires hours of experimentation through different stages of training.
Power Options: The TT 15 is powered by a Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. Estimated battery life is 20 to 40 hours per charge, and can be charged via the AC or DC power adapters included. Battery life varies with the handheld device in use. The battery is user-replaceable when it becomes worn out. A replacement battery (item # 010-11828-03) is available from the manufacturer.