About the Garmin Approach® S40
All-around performance from the golf pros at Garmin
All-around performance from the golf pros at Garmin
Sometimes you just want a great-looking watch that can help you out, whether you're on the golf course or out on the town. Garmin's Approach S40 golf GPS watch combines a stylish timepiece with long-lasting color touchscreen GPS performance that'll come in handy on the links. It offers accurate course shapes and layouts, plus the ability to map pin locations with your fingertip. It'll also help you track your stats and keep you abreast of incoming texts and emails. And you can fire up your cart nearly anywhere around the globe with the S40's 41,000-plus preloaded international courses at your disposal.
See the distances to the front, middle, and rear of the green with the Garmin Approach S40 golf GPS watch
Green View with manual pin positioning
Hate not knowing what the next green looks like? You can get a closer look on the S40's screen and tap or drag the pin to move it for the best approach. You'll see distances to the front. middle, and back of the green, plus info on doglegs and hazards along your path.
AutoShot records and analyzes every distance you hit
Garmin's improved AutoShot feature ensures every shot you hit will get recorded for distance so you can refer to those swings later. Pair the S40 with Garmin's optional Approach CT10 club monitors for automatic game tracking. Once you've completed your game, you can see your results online using Garmin Connect.
Keep tabs on your steps and sleep
The Approach S40 doesn't just help you on the course — it can also help you attain fitness goals. It can count your calories, measure your steps, remind you to move if you've been sitting still for too long, and adjust your daily fitness targets based on your activity level. It includes a sleep monitor so you can keep tabs on how much rest you're getting between rounds.
More than just a pretty face
The S40 is built for comfort, performance, and durability, including a metal bezel that provides stylish protection. Its waterproof construction lets you enjoy it in rough weather and around pools, lakes, and rivers. You get an odometer to track how far you've walked and a round timer to monitor how long it takes to get through 18 holes. Got an early tee time? Put the watch's alarm clock feature to work for you.
15 hours of energy
The watch's built-in GPS receiver finds you automatically and stays dialed in to your location, even while you're under trees and heavy cover. When you're challenged by bogeys and water hazards, you don't want your device to call it quits before you do. The Approach S40's built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 15 hours of life in GPS mode, or 10 days as a regular watch.
Track your stats
Want to analyze your game for future improvement? The S40 lets you track your putts per round, greens and fairways hit, and average distance of your strokes. It also offers digital scorecard options for individual players, including Stroke Play and Stableford. You can save, review, and print scorecards from your computer.
Smart Notification for smartphone users
If you're worried about missing important texts, calls, alerts, and emails on the course, you can pair the Approach S40 with most recent iPhone® models and select Android™ models through Bluetooth® low energy, then receive notifications directly on the watch's face, so you can safely leave your phone in your bag.
Works with the Garmin TruSwing™ sensor
Pair the Approach S40 with Garmin's TruSwing golf sensor for even more helpful guidance on the links. The TruSwing mounts on your club and tracks the following measurements:
- Swing speed: the speed of the club head when it strikes the ball.
- Club path: the measurement of your club's horizontal motion in relation to the target line as it strikes the ball. This determines if you've hit the ball in-to-out or out-to-in.
- Face-to-target: the angle you open or close the clubface, compared to the target line at the point of impact.
- Dynamic loft: the loft angle of the selected club plus or minus the club offset created by the shaft lean and clubface angle at the point of impact.
- Shaft angle: the angle between the shaft and the ground as measured from the center of the shaft. This is measured at address and again at impact, and you want these measurements to be as close as possible.
- Shaft lean: the forward or backward angle at which you are holding the club when hitting the ball, measured from a 90º vertical angle. This is measured at address and again at impact.
Go deeper with the free Garmin Golf and Connect apps
For an even more thorough statistical analysis, the Golf and Connect smartphone apps from Garmin keep track of your performance over time in a number of ways, so you can pull up past games on your phone to see where you need more work and where you're improving. The Golf app covers accuracy to the fairway or green and for drives, approach shots, chip shots and putting, and allows you to set baselines to see how you're faring relative to other players in your group. You can share your stats and results with other users locally and around the world with the Garmin Connect app, and it'll enable automatic course updates for your favorite spots to the Approach S40 when the devices are paired.
- gray golf GPS watch with stainless steel bezel
- USB charging/data cradle included
- 1.2" color TFT touchscreen display (240 x 240 pixels)
- preloaded with over 41,000 courses worldwide
- allows free course updates from Garmin website
- waterproof up to 50 meters
- odometer and fitness/sleep tracker
- built-in rechargeable battery allows up to 10 days of use in watch mode and 15 hours in GPS mode
- Smart Notification of incoming smartphone texts, calls, emails, and alerts
- Green View display with manual pin positioning
- AutoShot round analyzer provides in-depth analysis and measures shot distances
- compatible with free Garmin Golf and Connect apps
- compatible with Garmin Approach CT10 club trackers
- compatible with Garmin TruSwing sensor
- digital scorecard with stat tracker and round timer
- dimensions:1-3/4"W x 1-3/4"H x 1/2"D (band fits medium/large wrists)
- weight: 1.5 oz. (with battery)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02140-00
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin Approach® S40