About the Garmin Approach® S62 Bundle
Swing for life with this Garmin watch/monitor package
Swing for life with this Garmin watch/monitor package
Fancy yourself a master of the links? Even if you're already playing like the next Tiger, there's always room for help on the golf course. This package combining Garmin's Approach S62 golf GPS watch with three Garmin Approach CT10 automatic golf club tracking monitors can give you an advantage, no matter your skill level. You get a generous color touchscreen for surveying the green and upcoming hazards, and you can move the pin for the best angle. You also get key fitness metrics to help track your vitality across a range of activities — including sleep. The Virtual Caddie feature takes into account your past performance with each club and the wind situation at hand to make the best recommendation. With over 41,000 preloaded international courses at your disposal, you can take Garmin's expert guidance with you just about anywhere.
A bigger, bolder display
Garmin made this Approach even easier to use than its predecessors, with a fantastic 1.3" display featuring clear, bright colors. It also works with Garmin's QuickFit bands in silicone, leather, or metal so you can swap out styles and colors to suit your mood without tools. Its waterproof construction lets you enjoy it in rough weather and around pools, lakes, and rivers. You get an odometer to track how far you've walked and a round timer to monitor how long it takes to get through 18 holes. The Approach S62's built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 20 hours of life in GPS mode, or 14 days as a regular watch.
Virtual Caddie helps choose your clubs and shots
Garmin's new Virtual Caddie feature puts expert advice at hand. It suggests your clubs based on typical distances you hit with that club, while also factoring in wind speed and direction. On top of that, it shows you on the map where you should aim your next shot for the best results based on your previous play.
Key health stats and activity tracking
The Approach S62 doesn't just help you on the course — it also includes activity profiles for running, swimming, cycling, and more exercises. And it can act as a fitness tracker, counting your calories, measuring your steps, and reminding you to move if you've been sitting still for too long. Its built-in wrist heartrate monitor lets you keep tabs on your cardiac health during your workouts. And the Pulse Ox feature measures your blood oxygen saturation level so you can track it during workouts or while you've slept to see if there are any major changes to your respiratory or cardiac systems.
Green View and new Hazard View displays
The Approach S62 introduces Hazard View, which lets you quickly scroll through each hazard on the map and provides important distance info, so you'll know how to avoid potential problems in a jiffy. Garmin's highly regarded Green View display is also available with a finger tap from the Courseview screen, giving you an accurate view of the green — even if you're behind it or have an obstructed view. You can even touch and drag the pin to the day's location to make things easier on those difficult par 3 holes.
Dial in your swing
You can make the Approach S62 your secret weapon on the links by utilizing its built-in swing assistants:
- TempoTraining: The watch emits audible tones as you begin your swing — use the tones to synchronize your swing mechanics in the optimal 3:1 swing ratio (your backswing should take 3 times longer than your downswing) and get your swing tempo down pat.
- SwingTempo: The watch calculates the relationship between your backswing (also called upswing) and downswing and displays the results as a ratio.
- SwingStrength: The watch measures how hard you swing your clubs so you can work on consistent delivery for your shots.
Small but mighty monitors
To install a Approach CT10 monitor, simply screw into the pinhole at the top of the grip. Each monitor measures 9/16" tall, weighs 0.3 ounces, and includes a user-replaceable, coin-style 3-volt battery. Garmin's design ensures the monitors won't activate until you take your club out of the bag, so you can expect an average life expectancy of 4 years per battery. And the monitors are waterproof so you can play without fear in inclement conditions (or if you're the type who throws their clubs into the nearest water hazard when frustrated).
Start tracking immediately
Once you've installed the Approach CT10 monitors on your clubs, pair them with your Approach S62 to register the type of club (putter, 9-iron, pitching wedge, etc.) before you start taking shots. Your S62 can pair with up to three monitors at one time if you need to compare clubs before making your selection. The monitors will automatically record the distance shot, locations, and club types to the watch as you progress through the game, so you can concentrate on the next move. Gimme putts, missed shots, and penalty strokes are not recorded, so you'll need to manually enter them. Don't worry: the monitors even know when you're taking practice shots, so they won't get recorded either.
Manage your stats and scoring
Want to analyze your game for future improvement? The Approach S62 lets you track your putts per round, greens and fairways hit, and average distance of your strokes. It also offers digital scorecard options for individual players, including Stroke Play and Stableford. It even gives you options for handicap scoring for individual holes, player's local handicap, or index/slope methods. You can save, review, and print scorecards from your computer. Use the Measure Shot feature to tell you exactly how far the ball went next time you hit a really big one.
Smart Notification for smartphone users
If you're worried about missing important texts, calls, alerts, and emails on the course, you can pair the Approach S62 with most recent iPhone® models and select Android™ models through Bluetooth® low energy, then receive notifications directly on the watch's face, so you can safely leave your phone in your bag.
Go deeper with the free Garmin Golf and Connect apps
For an even more thorough statistical analysis, the Golf and Connect smartphone apps from Garmin keep track of your performance over time in a number of ways, so you can pull up past games on your phone and see where you need more work and where you're improving. The Golf app covers accuracy to the fairway or green and for drives, approach shots, chip shots and putting, and allows you to set baselines to see how you're faring relative to other players in your group. You can share your stats and results with other users locally and around the world with the Garmin Connect app, and it'll enable automatic course updates for your favorite spots to the Approach S62 when the devices are paired.
- package includes black S62 golf GPS watch and set of 3 automatic golf club tracking monitors
Garmin Approach S62 Golf GPS Watch:
- USB charging/data cradle included
- 1.3" color TFT touchscreen display (260 x 260 pixels)
- preloaded with over 41,000 courses worldwide
- allows free course updates from Garmin website
- waterproof up to 50 meters
- built-in wrist heartrate monitor
- built-in Pulse Ox blood oxygen saturation monitor
- odometer and fitness/sleep tracker
- app compatibility:
- compatible with Garmin Connect IQ platform for smartphone apps through the watch's face
- compatible with Garmin Connect online for stat tracking
- compatible with Garmin Golf app for competition with others, real-time scoring, and instant stats analysis on the watch
- Garmin Pay™ contactless payments
- built-in rechargeable battery allows up to 14 days of use in watch mode and 20 hours in GPS mode
- Smart Notification of incoming smartphone texts, calls, emails, and alerts
- training features:
- swing and tempo improvement tools: TempoTraining, SwingTempo, and SwingStrength
- Virtual Caddie with wind speed and direction data for choosing clubs and shots
- Green View display with manual pin positioning
- AutoShot round analyzer provides in-depth analysis
- digital scorecard with stat tracker
- 1-9/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 5/8"D (10-1/4" band length)
- weight: 2.2 oz. (with battery)
- warranty: 1 year
Garmin Approach CT10 Golf Club Tracking Monitor:
- Garmin recommends attaching the 3 sensors to your wedges and putter
- user-replaceable coin-style CR2032 battery (up to 4 years of life) for each monitor
- waterproof up to 50 meters
- each monitor automatically measures distance shot and locations with each club, displays average distances for each club, and keeps score
- compatible with Garmin Golf app for competition with others and real-time scoring
- dimensions: 1-1/8" diameter x 9/16"H (without screw shaft)
- weight: 0.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02200-02
What's in the box:
- GPS golf watch (black bezel/black band)
- 3 Golf club sensors
- 40" USB Charging/data cable (Type A USB on one end and proprietary connector on other end)
- Quick Start Manual (Watch)
- Quick Start Manual (Sensors)
- Important Safety and Product Information
Garmin Approach® S62 Bundle reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin Approach® S62 Bundle
Overview: The Garmin Approach S62 Bundle includes the wrist-worn golf GPS watch and the Approach CT10 Automatic Club Tracking System Starter Pack (3 sensors). The S62 includes smart features and other activity tracking features. Its memory is pre-loaded with distance information for more than 41,000 golf courses worldwide. The S62 uses a high-sensitivity GPS receiver to measure individual shot distances and track how far you walk on the course. It also helps you analyze your swing and trains you how to take a more consistent swing. When paired to your smartphone (via Bluetooth), you can receive notifications on calls, texts, and emails. No subscriptions or setup fees are required. The CT10 sensors attach to the grip of your clubs, and collect data from each shot to help improve your game. When paired to the S62 golf watch, you can keep track of your wedge shots and putts, while the watch's AutoShot feature tracks your other shots. The optional CT10 full set includes 14 sensors, one for each club in your bag.
General Description: The Garmin Approach S62 features a sleek design that looks good on or off the course. It features a rugged lens made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3, a black ceramic bezel, and a 22mm white silicone band. Optional "QuickFit 22" interchangeable bands come in a variety of colors and materials, and can be changed without special tools. The Approach S62 has a 5 ATM water rating, meaning it can withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of 50 meters. You can wear the watch in the rain or snow without worries.
Display: The Approach S62's display is 17% larger than its predecessor's, the S60. The 1.3" diameter high-resolution color touchscreen LCD has a resolution of 260 x 260 pixels. The display's Hole View gives you full-color details of every hole, even before you play them. In addition to the hole number and par for the hole, the Hole View also shows the distance to the front, middle, and back of the green. The S62's display also offers some special features:
- Hazards and Layups: Tapping the map in Hole View opens up a view of that hole's hazards (bunkers, water), and the layup distances on Par 4 and Par 5 holes. You can use touch targeting to measure the distance to any point on the map.
- PlaysLike Distance: When elevation changes affects the way you should play the hole, an icon will indicate whether the distance plays longer or shorter than expected. The adjusted yardages shown account for uphill and downhill shots.
- Wind Speed and Direction: If your watch is paired with a smartphone, you can view the wind speed and direction at the current hole. This makes it easier to figure out which club to use, and which direction to swing.
- Green View: The Green View lets you take a closer look at the green's true shape from wherever you are on the course. For greater distance accuracy, you can drag-and-drop the pin to its current placement.
- Virtual Caddie: Based on your previous performance on the hole, the Virtual Caddie can recommend the proper direction to aim, and the recommended club to use, based on the distance you typically swing with each club. Before using Virtual Caddie, you must play five rounds using Garmin's Approach CT10 sensors, or enable the Club Prompt setting and upload your scorecards.
- Garmin AutoShot: Each time you take a shot in the fairway, the S62 records your shot distance and displays it on the screen. After playing the hole, you can view distances for all shots detected during the hole. If necessary, you can manually add a shot. Putts are not detected.
Included Maps: The Approach S62 has CourseView map data loaded into its built-in flash memory. The data contains distance information to the front, back, and center of the greens for more than 41,000 golf courses worldwide. Lifetime free course updates are available from the Garmin website, and can be downloaded from your PC to the Approach S62 using the supplied USB charging/data cable.
Functionality: The Approach S62 initially takes 30-60 seconds to acquire satellite signals and determine your location. As you play, the unit automatically updates your position, and automatically transitions to the next hole as you approach the next tee. To look ahead or back, you can swipe up or down, or move the hole indicator around the edge of the screen to change holes. During the round, you can save and label up to five locations, such as water hazards or bunkers, on each hole. Distance units can be set to yards or meters.
Digital Scorecard: During your round, you can enter your score by entering + or - the number of strokes over or under par. Your total score (relative to par) is updated as each hole's score is entered. If necessary, you can select any previously played hole to change the score for that hole. You can also record statistics, such as number of putts taken, greens in regulation (GIR), and number of fairways hit (or which direction you missed), during the round. Before you start the round, you can select Stroke Play or Stableford scoring. (Stableford points are awarded as specified by the USGA.) At the end of your round, you can connect the Approach S62 to your computer to view and save your scorecard. When the device is paired with the Garmin Golf app, you can view your strokes gain analysis and participate in leaderboards and tournaments.
Approach CT10 Sensors: The S62 is compatible with the optional Approach CT10 golf club sensors (sold separately). The sensors are placed on the handle end of each club, and allows the device to track your golf shots, including location, distance, and club type.
Swing Tempo: The Garmin Approach S62's Swing Tempo app helps you be more consistent with your swing. The device measures and displays your swing tempo (backswing time divided by the downswing time, expressed in a ratio). After each swing, the device displays the backswing time, downswing time, and the swing tempo. Color-coded feedback indicates that your swing tempo is too slow (blue), too fast (red), or good (green). Six suggested swing tempo timings are available, allowing you to try each one until you find a timing that is comfortable.
Watch: In addition to its golf and GPS functions, the Approach S62 is a digital watch. Using Connect IQ (must be paired to your smartphone), you can customize the watch face by selecting from a wide variety of faces. By default, the watch time is set automatically when the device acquires satellite signals. You can also set the time manually. If enabled, the watch can automatically switch between standard time and daylight saving time. The watch also has an alarm, countdown timer, and can display 12-hour or 24-hour time formats.
Widgets: The Approach S62 comes with preloaded Widgets that provide a variety of information and functionality. Some Widgets require connecting to your smartphone via Bluetooth. Some of the available Widgets include: Notifications, Calendar, Music Control, Weather, Step Counter, and Calories Burned.
Wrist-based Heart Rate: The Approach S62 has a built-in Garmin Elevate wrist-based heart rate monitor. It is also compatible with optional chest heart rate monitors (sold separately). The heart rate widget displays your heart rate in beats per minute, along with a graph of your recent heart rate activity, and high and low heart rate. In addition, the device has a wrist-based pulse oximeter to measure the oxygen saturation of your blood. Using the heart rate and oxygen data, the S62 can analyze your heart rate variability while you are inactive to determine your overall stress level.
Sleep Tracking: While you are sleeping, the Approach S62 can monitor your movement and the duration and quality of your sleep hours. Using the Garmin Connect app, you can track your nightly sleep statistics.
Body Battery: The device analyzes your heart rate variability, stress level, sleep quality, and activity data to determine your Body Battery level in a range of 0 to 100. Your Body Battery level is displayed numerically and in one of four levels: 0-25 low reserve energy, 26-50 medium reserve energy, 51-75 high reserve energy, or 76-100 very high reserve energy. Using the Garmin Connect app, you can view your most recent Body Battery level, long-term trends, and additional details.
Non-Golf Activities: In addition to golf, the Approach S62 uses the GPS data, and data from a built-in gyroscope and accelerometer to help you keep track of and analyze other indoor or outdoor activities. Using optional ANT+ sensors (bike speed/cadence, foot pod, temperature, heart rate, etc.), you can send detailed data of your activity and performance levels. Indoor and outdoor activities you can track include: running, swimming, cycling, and skiing.
Garmin Pay: The Garmin Pay feature lets you pay for purchases at participating locations using your watch. After adding a participating credit or debit card to your Garmin Pay wallet, you can pay for a purchase by simply holding your watch near the payment reader. Up to 10 credit or debit cards can be added to your Garmin Pay wallet. With each transaction, you must enter a 4-digit passcode to confirm the purchase. After successfully entering your passcode, you can make payments without a passcode for 24 hours while you continue to wear your watch. If you remove your watch from your wrist, or disable heart rate monitoring, you must reenter the passcode again before making a payment.
Garmin Apps: The Garmin Approach S62, when paired to your smartphone, can be even more valuable and informative when synced to these Garmin applications:
- Garmin Golf: The Garmin Golf app helps you keep track of each round of golf you play, analyze your game, and show improvements. You can compete against your friends, or participate in weekly leaderboards on any golf course. The app is available for devices running iOS 10 or later, and Android (version varies with device).
- Garmin Connect: The Garmin Connect app is a useful source for health and fitness data. It can help you keep track of your health statistics, such as heart rate, stress level, activities, and sleep quality. The app is compatible with Android devices (version 5.0 and up) or Apple iOS devices (iOS 11.0 or later).
Power Requirements: The Approach S62 operates on a built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. The battery is charged using the proprietary USB charging/data cable. In the GPS mode, a fully charged battery should give you up to 20 hours of continuous use as you play golf or perform other activities. You can turn off the GPS receiver when you are training indoors to save battery. If you are using the unit continuously as a watch, a fully charged battery should provide up to 14 days of battery life.
CT10 Sensors: The Approach CT10 sensors screw into the hole at the end of the golf club grip. When you take the club out of your bag, the sensor wakes up and connects to your paired watch. The watch displays the name of the connected club and your typical shot distance with that club. When you hit the shot, the sensor records your shot and uploads data to your paired watch automatically.
Note: The typical shot distance is calculated after you have taken at least four shots with the club, and have uploaded your scorecards to the Garmin Golf app. The typical shot distance is not displayed for the putter.
Saved Data: Data from each shot and club is collected to help you analyze your strokes. Each time you hit a shot, distance and accuracy data is calculated through your paired Garmin golf watch and registered to the club used. The watch can also keep score automatically, based on the detected shots, and displays your score at the end of each hole. "Gimme" putts, penalty shots, and missed shots are not detected, and must be entered manually.
Battery Powered: The Approach CT10 sensors are powered by user-replaceable 3-volt CR2032 batteries (included). With the sensor's automatic on/off feature, the battery has a typical life of up to 4 years. Because the sensors turn on/off based on ambient light and orientation, you should store your clubs upside down in your golf bag when not in use.