About the Garmin Edge 130 Plus
Use data, get better
Use data, get better
Riding a bike can is a great way to enjoy the outdoors. But if you're getting the itch to cover the miles faster and conquer that favorite climb a little more easily, it helps to have an accurate picture of your efforts. Garmin's Edge 130 Plus boasts a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that records speed, distance, and time, plus ascent and descent.
You can also use Garmin's online Course Creator to plan routes and receive directional prompts when you're on the road. Edge 130 Plus's data fields are customizable to match your taste, and summary pages make it easy to check out your ride stats when you're done. Track your progress over successive rides on the same route with the Courses feature. Thanks to its simple design, it's easy to see info on the display in direct sunlight or at dusk.
Download workouts to Edge 130 Plus
Stay connected when you ride
Having to fumble for my phone when a call or text message comes in while riding is a real buzz kill, not to mention a safety issue. Edge 130 Plus links with my smartphone and provides on-screen notifications so that I know right away whether I've got an important message that needs attention or I can continue to concentrate on the countryside. Incident Detection will automatically notify your contacts if a crash is detected. And when I'm done riding, it'll automatically upload my ride to my favorite social media sites through Garmin Connect.
Get a performance boost
Edge 130 Plus has some great training tools.
- ClimbPro shows the remaining ascent and grade when you're doing a climb, so you can tailor your effort and know when to make that final push.
- MTB Dynamics measure mountain biking dynamics like jump count and hang time.
- Performance Monitoring offers insights on heart rate, VO2 max, and more.
- Downloadable workouts keep you in the sweet spot when you're doing a training ride.
- Heart rate monitoring is available when you use optional heart rate monitors. Check out this bundle to buy the Edge 130 Plus along with a heart rate monitor.
Edge 130 Plus is fully compatible with Garmin's Varia™ safety accessories, including smart tail lights, headlights, and rear-view radar. Add these accessories to your bike and you'll be more visible and have better road awareness.
- GPS cycling computer with smartphone connectivity (iOS® and Android™)
- USB cable, tether, and mount included
- records up to 30 course routes and 100 waypoints/favorites/locations
- 1.1" x 1.4" touchscreen display (1.8" diagonal)
- water resistant (IPX7 standard)
- tracks with GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellites for accurate reporting
- compatible with Garmin Varia™ lights and radar
- Garmin Connect Mobile compatible
- compatible with optional heart-rate monitor and speed/cadence sensors
- compatible with Vector and third-party ANT+ power meters
- downloadable training plans
- VO2 max calculations
- Virtual Partner feature lets you race a digital partner
- AutoLap, AutoPause, AutoScroll functions
- customizable display fields
- built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery allows up to 12 hours use
- 1.6"W x 2.5"H x .6"D
- weight 1.2 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02385-00
What's in the box:
- Edge 130 Plus GPS bike computer
- 2 Plastic standard mounts
- 2 Thin rubber mounting disks
- 2 Thick rubber mounting disks
- 4 Large rubber mounting bands
- 4 Small rubber mounting bands
- Elastic tether
- 19" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end)
- Quick Start Guide (6 languages)
- Important Safety and Product Information
- Notice on replacement bands
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin Edge 130 Plus
Overview: The Garmin Edge 130 Plus is a small, GPS-enabled bicycle computer with connected features, such as live tracking, social media sharing, weather, and the ability to send and receive courses. It is compatible with Garmin Varia cycling awareness devices. The Edge 130 Plus is waterproof (IPX7 rated), and comes with two standard handlebar mounts so you can mount it on multiple bikes. The Garmin Edge 130 Plus Bundle adds the HRM-Dual heart rate monitor to help you meet your fitness goals.
Display: The Edge 130 Plus has a 1.8" easy-to-read, Memory in Pixel monochrome display (1.1"W x 1.4"H), with a display resolution of 303 x 230 pixels. You can maneuver through the menus, and make selections by touching the controls beside the display. The display will show your chosen route, elapsed time, speed, distance, time of day, and calories burned (if applicable).
GPS: The Edge 130 Plus has a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that will pull in location data from GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo satellites. The device will alert you of upcoming turns, and can guide you back to the route, if you get off course. It also has a built-in barometer, so you can track your ascent and descent. When you turn on the unit outdoors, it finds satellites quickly, so you can start your ride quicker. The time of day and the date are automatically set by the GPS receiver. If training indoors, you can turn off the GPS receiver to save battery power.
Strava: The Edge 130 Plus is compatible with Strava, a cycling and running website and mobile app, which lets you set goals, training plans, get power analysis, and compare your results with other athletes in your age and weight class. You can download Strava Live Segments to the Edge 130 Plus for competing against your previous segment times, or others who ride the same route. Segment results appear in real time, showing the Distance to Go and Time Ahead (or Behind) your competitor.
Smartphone Compatible: You can wirelessly link your device to a smartphone (Android 6.0 and up / iOS 12.0 or later) using the Garmin Connect Mobile app. While connected, you can receive smart notifications on your device as you ride. At the end of your ride, you can transfer the ride data directly to your phone via Bluetooth. Using the app, you can analyze the details of your ride, or share it with others. You can also search out courses and workouts stored at Garmin Connect, download them to your smartphone, and send them to your Edge 130 Plus wirelessly. Real-time weather updates and alerts can be sent from your smartphone to your device.
Garmin Connect: Free web-based Garmin Connect software lets you store your workout data for comprehensive analysis. Garmin Connect is used by cyclists worldwide, and presents your data in an easily understood manner, with maps, reports, and suggested activities. You can create fitness goals and send them to your device. As you complete activities toward your goals, they are tracked on both the device and on Garmin Connect. You can download and install Garmin Connect on your PC or Mac using Garmin Express. It is compatible with Windows 7 SP1 or newer, and Mac OS X 10.11 or newer.
Live Track: Another connected feature of the Edge 130 Plus, Live Track, allows your friends and family to follow your races and training activities in real time. You can invite your followers via email or social media to view your live data on the Garmin Connect tracking page. Once they see your invitation, they can click to follow your progress on a map and see your stats.
Incident Detection: A built-in accelerometer can detect if you have difficulty along the route, and will send your location coordinates to an emergency contact. When an incident is detected, a message appears on your device and paired smartphone, indicating your contacts will be notified after 30 seconds have elapsed. If you do not need assistance, you can cancel the automated emergency message. You must be connected to Garmin Connect mobile app, with emergency contacts entered, for Incident Detection to properly function.
Controls: Most of the controls are located along the edge of the display. On the Home screen, you can access your bike profile, change your activity profile, manage your history, courses, and workouts, and start a new ride. During your ride, you can use the front panel buttons to start/stop the timer and mark a new lap without having to look at the screen. The power and backlight button is located on the side.
Waterproof: The Edge 130 Plus is waterproof to IEC Standard 60529 IPX7. It can withstand immersion in 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes. The casing is totally sealed, including the front-mounted controls, and the USB port has a water-resistant cover to prevent corrosion.
ANT+: ANT+ is a wireless technology that allows certain accessories to communicate with the Edge 130 Plus. ANT+ sensors generally work within 10 feet of the unit. In addition, an increasing number of health clubs and fitness centers have ANT+ compatible equipment in their facilities, so you can use the same accessories separate from your device. Compatible Garmin ANT+ accessories include:
- Heart Rate Monitor: When the Edge 130 Plus is paired with the optional HRM-Dual, the unit tracks your heart beats per minute and calculates your calorie consumption as you train. You can train in a certain heart rate zone to improve your fitness level or compare your pace and heart rate to past performances.
- Speed and Cadence Sensors: The optional Speed and Cadence Sensors (available from Garmin) measure your speed and pedaling strokes per minute. The Edge 130 Plus has a Non-Zero Averaging option to let you include or exclude the zero values (when you're not pedaling) when calculating your power ratings.
- Varia Bike Radar/Lights: Garmin Varia Rearview Radar and Smart Bike Lights work with the Edge 130 Plus to keep you safe as you ride on the highway. Varia Rearview Radar can alert you of vehicles approaching from behind. Varia Smart headlights and tail lights integrate with the Edge 130 Plus and change intensity with your speed.
Auto Pause: The built-in timer will pause automatically when it detects you're not moving. The timer will restart when you resume your ride.
Auto Lap: The Auto Lap feature lets you automatically mark the lap at a specific position. This helps you compare your performance over different parts of a ride (i.e. a long climb or training sprints). You can also use Auto Lap to mark laps at a specific distance.
Ride Data Storage: The Edge 130 Plus built-in memory stores up to 100 hours of your ride data until it can be uploaded to your Garmin Connect account. The unit not only has an odometer to keep track of your mileage, but includes data on your last ride, longest ride, fastest ride, and all rides.
User Profile: The Edge 130 Plus allows you to enter data about yourself to create a User Profile. This data (gender, birth year, weight, and height) is used to calculate accurate ride data.
Courses: The Edge 130 Plus can save your ride data as you train. From that saved data, you can use Garmin Connect software to create courses that you can follow in the future. Each time you follow the course, the unit will compare your time to previous rides, or to other riders, and let you set performance goals. As you ride along the course, the display will indicate distance and time to upcoming maneuvers.
Virtual Partner: During your workout, you can use the Virtual Partner to help you meet your goals. The Virtual Partner rides along with you and provides incentive for you to keep up or stay ahead. If necessary, you can adjust the speed of the Virtual Partner during the ride.
USB Port: A Micro USB port is provided on the back of the unit for charging and connecting to your computer. A water-resistant cap keeps moisture out.
Power Requirements: The unit is powered by a built-in Lithium-Ion battery. It charges via the included USB cable when connected to your computer or a USB power charger. The battery charge level is expressed as a percentage on the display. Typical battery life for the device is approximately 12 hours.
Mounting: The Edge 130 Plus can be mounted to your bicycle's handlebars or stem using the included standard "quarter-turn" mounts. Two sizes of rubber mounting bands are included for best fit. Two complete mounts are included to allow you to use the unit on multiple bikes.