About the Garmin echoMAP™ Ultra 106sv
Get the big one
Get the big one
Bigger isn't necessarily better, but when it comes to chartplotters, it sure doesn't hurt. Garmin's echoMAP™ Ultra 106sv chartplotter boasts a 10" touchscreen that gives you a great view of everything, even in bright sunlight. It's also Wi-Fi®-enabled and fully compatible with your NMEA 2000® network. And this package includes Garmin's GT54UHD-TM ultra-high-definition transducer.
Preloaded coastal and lake maps
The echoMAP Ultra 106sv's big display means the preloaded Garmin BlueChartRR g3 and LakeVü g3 inland maps will show up big and bright. This Navionics data covers the coastal U.S. (East Coast, West Coast, Gulf of Mexico, U.S. and Canadian sides of the Great Lakes), and you also get U.S. charts for lakes and other inland waterways as well as everything that's available on NOAA charts. You can use the microSD™ card slot when you want to add additional maps, or you can purchase new charts through Garmin's free ActiveCaptain™ app.
The GT54 transducer gives you remarkably clear, detailed images up to 200 feet below and 500 feet around the boat. You'll see fish, plants, structures, and you'll even be able to tell the difference between big fish and little fish. The GT54 gives you hi-res ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonar images, plus high wide CHIRP traditional sonar. The package includes transom and trolling motor mounts, so installation is easy.
Create your own maps
The echoMAP 106sv includes preloaded Quickdraw Contours software that lets you create your own HD maps with 1-foot contours. You'll own the maps, so you can keep the data to yourself or share it with Garmin or your friends with select Garmin echoMAP Ultra and Plus devices. No surveying expertise is needed – you just fish and let it handle the map creation. You can pair the built-in Wi-Fi with Garmin's free ActiveCaptain™ app to get notifications, share maps, and more.
NMEA 2000 network-ready
When you integrate this Garmin echoMAP chartplotter with your NMEA 2000® network, you'll be able to see engine data, check sensors, manage autopilot, and more. It also supports Panoptix LiveVü Forward Sonar.
Works with Fusion receivers
This Garmin device supports the Fusion-Link™ audio access system via the NMEA 2000 protocol. If you have an older version of this device, you can visit Garmin's website for a free download of the software update, or purchase the update on a preloaded data card shipped from Garmin.
Stow it away
It's easy to keep your echoMAP safe and secure when you're not on board. The cords plug directly into the mount, so you won't have to waste time plugging and unplugging wires. Just remove your echoMAP from power and the mount, then stow it away and go.
NMEA 2000 Note: To learn more about NMEA 2000 connectivity, check out our article explaining nautical networking.
- 10" chartplotter chartplotter/sonar combo with built-in Wi-Fi
- keyed assist touchscreen
- includes GT54UHD-TM transducer, power/data cable, tilt and flush mounts
- CHIRP sonar plus CHIRP ClearVü and CHIRP SideVü sonar
- preloaded with Garmin BlueChart® g3 coastal charts and LakeVü g3 inland maps
- Garmin's ActiveCaptain™ app
- preloaded Quickdraw Contours map creation software
- internal 5 Hz GPS/GLONASS updates position and heading 5 times per second
- GPX waypoints transfer
- multiple depth range shading
- record up to 5000 waypoints, 100 routes, and 50 tracks
- cords plug directly into the mount for quick removal
- network capable for NMEA 2000 (and NMEA 0183)
- compatible with FUSION-Link audio via NMEA 2000
- WXGA display (1280 x 800)
- microSD card slot for expandable memory
- dimensions: 11.6" x 7.7" x 3.9"
- maximum depth: 2300 ft (fresh water), 1100 ft (salt)
- IPX7 water resistance
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02112-01
What's in the box:
Garmin echoMAP™ Ultra 106sv owner's manual
- ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv display/control unit
- Display cover
- 6' Power/data cable (with in-line 8A AGC glass fuse)
- Self-adhesive rubber gasket (4 pieces)
- Bail-mount bracket/cradle assembly
- 2 Bail-mount knobs (installed on bracket)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (M4 x 25mm)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (M6 x 25mm)
- 4 Flat washers
- 4 Ferrite Core noise filters
- 4 Plastic cable ties (5.5" length)
- GT54UHD-TM ClearVü/SideVü transducer with attached 30' cable (12-pin orange plug)
- Transducer transom mount
- Seven M4 x 8mm screws
- Seven 4mm star washers
- M4.5 x 43mm bolt
- Rubber flat washer
- Silver flat washer
- M4.5 Nylock Nut
- Transducer mounting bracket
- M4.5 x 20mm mounting screws
- Trolling Motor Mount
- Metal hose clamp
- 4 Plastic cable ties (5.5" length)
- Cable entry cover
- 2 Cable clamps
- Four M4 x 12mm screws
- Threaded collar
- Gasket for threaded collar (red)
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Start Manual
- Installation Instructions
- Flush Mount template
- Transducer Transom/Trolling Motor Mount Installation Instructions
- Transducer Transom Mount Template
- Threaded collar instructions
- Ferrite Core instructions
- Garmin Support sheet
- Important Safety and Product Information
Garmin echoMAP™ Ultra 106sv reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Garmin echoMAP™ Ultra 106sv
Overview: The Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv (Garmin part # 010-02112-01) is a combination chartplotter and fishfinder. It comes preloaded with Garmin's exclusive BlueChart g3 coastal charts and LakeVü g3 inland maps, both with integrated Navionics® data and Auto Guidance technology. In addition, two built-in microSD slots let you add more specialized and detailed charts and maps that are available from Garmin. The ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv has a large 10" (diagonal) full color touchscreen display that can be mounted in a variety of ways. The fishfinder has a 600-watt (RMS), dual-frequency, dual-beam sonar transducer that lets you search for fish to a maximum depth of 2300 feet in fresh water or 1100 feet in salt water. The unit has a water rating of IPX7, and can withstand being splashed with water without worry, but unsuitable for prolonged immersion.
Display: The ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv has a 8.5" (wide) x 5.4" (high), 10" diagonal full color touchscreen WXGA display with 1280 x 800 pixels. It has a variable backlight adjustment (automatic or manual), with day and night color schemes that change automatically or you can set manually. With the large display, you can create combination pages with up to six different functions on the display at once.
Keypad: In addition to touchscreen controls, the ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv features several buttons for operating the device. The keypad consists of a power button, a plus/minus control for zooming in and out of a chart or view, and shortcut keys, numbered 1-4, that can be assigned to an active screen so you can open it instantly when pressed.
Global Positioning System: The ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv has a built-in GPS receiver that collects data from overhead satellites to establish your current location. The GPS signal strength is indicated on the top of the screen in a bar graph (5 bars maximum). The device is equipped with a 10Hz GPS receiver which refreshes its position and heading 10 times per second. In addition, the unit coordinates the timing of the sonar return in relation to the boat's position to give you amazingly accurate waypoints or for pinpointing fishing hotspots.
Charts and Maps: The unit is preloaded with Garmin's BlueChart g3 maps, which covers the coastal US, including the East and West Coasts, the Gulf of Mexico, and the US and Canadian sides of the Great Lakes. It also includes Garmin's LakeVü g3 maps, with coverage of more than 17,000 inland lakes with up to 1' contours and Depth Range Shading for clearer lake floor view, and enabling you to view your target depth at a glance. Additional maps are available on microSD or download.
Quickdraw Contours: The ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv features Quickdraw Contours software already installed on the device. This free software allows you to tailor the preloaded maps and create your own maps on the screen. While you fish, Quickdraw Contours creates the maps based on the sonar results from an attached compatible transducer (including the supplied ClearVü/SideVü transducer). Other compatible transducers include any Garmin Panoptix, HD-ID, DownVü, or NMEA 2000-compatible. If you are using more than one transducer, you can choose which sonar device gives you the best results.
Mounting Options: The 106sv consists of a display/control unit and a tilting bail mount with a quick release feature. When you come off the water, just disconnect the display/control unit from the bail mount and go. No plugging or unplugging wires from the unit itself, as the cables plug into the quick-disconnect bail mount. You can also flush-mount the display/control unit into your dashboard. A flush-mount template helps you make the cut into the mounting location. A self-adhesive rubber gasket is provided for flush-mount applications.
NMEA 2000: The ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv can be connected to an NMEA 2000 network which can carry power and data along the same cable. If your vessel has an existing NMEA 2000 network, it should already be connected to power. The device can share data from other NMEA 2000 devices, such as sensors or a VHF radio, plus you may also be able to view fuel and engine data on the display. The necessary cables and connectors are sold separately.
Wi-Fi: The unit has built-in Wi-Fi that allows you to connect to the free Garmin ActiveCaptain app on your mobile device. ActiveCaptain has a OneChart feature for accessing and updating all of your charts and maps from your smartphone or tablet, as well as purchase new ones to use on the chartplotter. You can also receive notifications of phone calls and texts on the unit's display. ActiveCaptain also lets you keep in touch with fellow boaters to get first-hand information about points of interest near your route or destination. Separate ActiveCaptain and Mobile Quickdraw communities are available for feedback or for sharing your Quickdraw Contours data. The Garmin ActiveCaptain app is compatible with devices running Android 5.0 and up, or Apple iOS 10.0 or later.
CHIRP Sonar: The ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv is equipped with the 600-watt Garmin GT54UHD-TM Ultra High-Definition scanning sonar transducer. This single transducer provides the highest resolution ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonar images with remarkably clear target separation and definition. You'll be able to view incredibly detailed images of fish and structure up to 200' below your boat with 800kHz ClearVü sonar. With two SideVü sonar frequency settings (455kHz and 1200kHz), you'll have options for extended range views out to 500' to each side. Compared to standard sonar, which sends one frequency at a time, CHIRP (Compressed High-Intensity Radiated Pulse) sends a continuous sweep of frequencies within a range from low to high. As a result, CHIRP sonar creates much greater target separation and crisper fish arches. Traditional sonar transducers emit a conical beam, while ClearVü sonar casts two narrow beams, similar to that of a copying machine.
Note: The transducer comes with both transom and trolling motor mounts.
Sonar Views: The ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv's sonar display scrolls from right to left to show the sonar readings from the transducer. The bottom depth is displayed in large numerals, along with the water temperature, and water speed. The unit has an adjustable depth range, and the depth scale is shown at the bottom of the screen, along with the transducer frequency. You can choose from four basic styles of sonar views:
- Full Screen: You can view in full screen your choice of traditional, ClearVü, or SideVü sonar.
- Split-screen: The split-screen sonar views let you view different combinations of sonar data simultaneously, such as traditional sonar and ClearVü.
- Split-zoom: The split-zoom view shows a full-view graph of sonar readings, and a magnified portion of that graph on the same screen.
- Split-frequency: In the split-frequency sonar view, one side of the screen shows a full-view graph of high frequency sonar and the other side shows a full-view graph of lower frequency sonar data.
Flasher Views: A Flasher View shows sonar information on a circular depth scale to indicate what is beneath your boat. Zero depth is shown at the top, and the depth progresses clockwise, according to the scale inside the ring. The depth at your present location is shown in the center of the ring. Sonar returns are indicated in a color scheme: Yellow (strongest), Orange (strong), Red (weaker), Blue (weakest), and White (no return).
- Frequencies Supported:
- CHIRP High-Wide: 150-240 kHz
- Ultra High-definition ClearVü: 800 kHz (760-880 kHz)
- CHIRP ClearVü: 455 kHz (425-845 kHz)
- Ultra High-definition SideVü: 1200 kHz (1080-1170 kHz)
- Transmit Power: 600 watts (RMS); 4000 watts (peak-to-peak)
- Maximum Depth:
- Fresh Water: 2300 feet @ 77 kHz
- Salt Water: 1100 feet @ 77 kHz
- Transducer Dimensions (with transom mount): Width 2.567", Height 3.766", Depth 6.9375"
Chart Views: The ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv has BlueChart g3 Coastal maps and LakeVü g3 inland maps pre-loaded into its memory. The display will let you view these maps in several ways:
- Navigation Chart: This view shows the navigation data on the included maps with details including buoys, lights, cables, depth soundings, marinas, and tide stations in an overhead view.
- Perspective 3D Chart: The 3D chart provides a view from above and behind your vessel, and provides a visual navigation aid. This view is helpful when navigating tricky shoals, reefs, bridges, or channels, as well as entry and exit routes in unfamiliar harbors.
- Fishing Chart: The Fishing Chart provides a detailed view of the bottom contours and depth surroundings. Navigational data is removed, and the bottom contours are enhanced for depth recognition. It is best for offshore deep-sea fishing.
- Other Views: With some premium charts, you can use the Mariner's Eye 3D view for more detailed, 3-dimensional representations of your location. The Fish Eye 3D view shows an underwater view with greater detail of the sea floor, according to the chart information. With an optional sonar transducer, you can see suspended targets (such as fish) indicated as bright colored spheres.
Auto Guidance: The pre-loaded maps are integrated with Navionics® data and Auto Guidance technology to help you navigate to your destination. After you enter your desired destination, Auto Guidance scans your chart data, such as water depth and known obstacles, and uses your desired depth and overhead clearance to calculate a suggested path. You can manually adjust the path during navigation, if desired.
Note: Auto Guidance is designed for planning purposes only, and should not replace safe navigation operations.
Waypoints: You can mark and save up to 5000 waypoints into the unit's memory. Waypoints can be marked at your present location, or you can enter the coordinates to a waypoint at a different location. Each waypoint can be saved with a name, symbol, depth, and comments. Once a waypoint has been saved, you can select and navigate to its location. You can also measure the distance to the waypoint on the Waypoint Map.
Routes: A route is a sequence of waypoints or locations that leads you to your final destination. You can create and immediately navigate a route on the Navigation chart or the Fishing chart, or create a route by putting together a series of waypoints and turns. Up to 100 routes can be created and saved in the device.
Tracks: A track is a recording of the current path of your boat. You can designate a color for each track to differentiate them from each other. Tracks are created by automatically marking the current location at a set interval. The interval can be adjusted--recording more frequent plots increases accuracy, but fills up the track log quicker. You can also record tracks by the distance between points, or the variance from your course. You can log and save up to 50 tracks with 50,000 points.
Boundaries: Boundaries allow you to remain in or avoid designated areas in a body of water. You can set up an alarm to alert you when you enter or exit a boundary. Boundaries can be areas, lines, or circles on the map. Saved tracks and routes can also be converted into boundary lines.
Excellent unit for use with my Garmin Livescope.
Roy from Huntington, TX