About the Garmin ECHOMAP™ Ultra 106sv
Get the big one
Get the big one
Bigger isn't necessarily better, but when it comes to chartplotters, it sure doesn't hurt. Garmin's ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv chartplotter boasts a 10" touchscreen that gives you a great view of everything, even in bright sunlight. It's also Wi-Fi®-enabled and fully compatible with your NMEA 2000® network. And this package includes Garmin's GT56UHD-TM ultra-high-definition transducer.
Preloaded coastal and lake maps
The ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv's big display means the preloaded Garmin BlueChart g3 and LakeVü g3 inland maps will show up big and bright. This Navionics data covers the coastal U.S. (East Coast, West Coast, Gulf of Mexico, U.S. and Canadian sides of the Great Lakes) and western Canada, and you also get U.S. charts for lakes and other inland waterways as well as everything that's available on NOAA charts. You can use one of the two microSD™ card slots when you want to add additional maps, or you can purchase new charts through Garmin's free ActiveCaptain™ app.
The transducer bundle includes Garmin's GT56UHD-TM Ultra High-Definition scanning sonar transducer, an all-in-one powerhouse that gives you the highest resolution ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonar images around, plus high-wide CHIRP traditional sonar for super-clear target separation and definition. The GT56UHD-TM operates at multiple frequencies for both SideVü and ClearVü, so you can find fish at nearly any depth with ease. You'll see remarkably detailed images of fish and structures up to 400 feet below your boat, and up to 500 feet around your boat with SideVü sonar. The all-in-one design is easy to install and includes transom and trolling motor mount.
10" high-contrast color display
Ultra-fast processing refreshes your position and heading 10 times per second, so onscreen movement looks fluid on the 10" high-contrast color display. You'll be able to see those fish in any lighting conditions, thanks to an auto-adjusting backlight. The display even works with your polarized sunglasses so you can keep your eyes protected. You can also drop up to 5,000 waypoints and find your way back to your favorite fishing spot.
Create your own maps
The ECHOMAP 106sv includes preloaded Quickdraw Contours software that lets you create your own HD maps with 1-foot contours. You'll own the maps, so you can keep the data to yourself or share it with Garmin or your friends with select Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra and Plus devices. No surveying expertise is needed – you just fish and let it handle the map creation. You can pair the built-in Wi-Fi with Garmin's free ActiveCaptain app to get notifications, share maps, and more.
Stow it away
It's easy to keep your ECHOMAP safe and secure when you're not on board. The cords plug directly into the mount, so you won't have to waste time plugging and unplugging wires. Just remove your ECHOMAP from power and the mount, then stow it away and go.
NMEA 2000 network-ready
When you integrate this Garmin ECHOMAP chartplotter with your NMEA 2000 network, you'll be able to see engine data, check sensors, manage autopilot, and more. It also supports Panoptix LiveVü Forward Sonar.
Works with Fusion receivers
This Garmin device supports the Fusion-Link™ audio access system via the NMEA 2000 protocol. If you have an older version of this device, you can visit Garmin's website for a free download of the software update, or purchase the update on a preloaded data card shipped from Garmin.
To learn more about NMEA 2000 connectivity, check out our article explaining nautical networking.
- 10" chartplotter/sonar combo
- includes GT56UHD-TM Ultra High-Definition transducer (12-pin connector, 25-foot cable)
- package also includes:
- power/data cable
- tilt mount (with quick release cradle), flush mount, and hardware
- protective cover
- WXGA IPS display (1280 x 800 pixels) with support for polarized sunglasses
- transmit power: 600 W (RMS)
- built-in Wi-Fi
- network capable for NMEA 2000 (and NMEA 0183)
- compatible with FUSION-Link audio via NMEA 2000
- preloaded with Garmin BlueChart g3 (U.S. and western Canada) coastal charts and LakeVü g3 HD maps
- internal 10 Hz GPS/GLONASS updates position and heading 10 times per second
- preloaded Quickdraw Contours map creation software
- Garmin Auto Guidance for virtual route creation
- multiple depth range shading
- record up to 5,000 waypoints, 100 routes, and 50 tracks
- use Garmin's free ActiveCaptain™ app to get notifications, share maps, and more
- GPX waypoints transfer
- traditional high-wide CHIRP sonar frequency: 150-240 kHz
- CHIRP ClearVü/SideVü scanning sonar frequencies: 455 kHz (425-485 kHz), 800 kHz (790-850 kHz), 1200 kHz (1060-1170)
- power: traditional 350 W; ClearVü/SideVü 500 W
- maximum depth:
- 2,300 feet (freshwater)
- 1,100 feet (saltwater)
- 400 feet (ClearVü), 500 feet (SideVü)
- supports Panoptix all-seeing sonar, including Panoptix LiveScope system (transducer not included)
- compatible with Force trolling motors
- two microSD card slots for expandable memory
- two Garmin Marine Network large connector ports
- IPX7 water resistance
- dimensions: 11-5/8"W x 7-3/4"H x 3-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02527-01
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin ECHOMAP™ Ultra 106sv
The Garmin ECHOMAP™ Ultra 106sv replaces these items
- includes GT54UHD-TM transducer, power/data cable, tilt and flush mounts
- CHIRP sonar plus CHIRP ClearVü and CHIRP SideVü sonar
- preloaded with Garmin BlueChart® g3 coastal charts and LakeVü g3 inland maps