About the Garmin ECHOMAP™ UHD2 63sv
A lake fisher's best friend
A lake fisher's best friend
Garmin's ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv chartplotter boasts included maps of over 44,000 inland lakes across the U.S., plus a high-powered transducer for finding fish around your vessel. It communicates easily with other devices (including your phone) and allows daily chart updates to its maps. Multi-band GPS assures position accuracy wherever you drop your line, and its 6.2" display gives you a great view so you can hone in on those fish.
Comes with a transducer
The ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv includes Garmin's GT54UHD-TM transducer to allow the chartplotter's built-in sonar capability to shine through. The transducer gives you remarkably clear, detailed images up to 200 feet below and 500 feet around the boat. You'll see fish, plants, and structures, and you'll even be able to tell the difference between big fish and little fish. Vivid color palettes allow you to distinguish between fish and underwater structures easily. The transducer delivers Ultra High-Definition ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonar images to the chartplotter, and it works with high wide CHIRP traditional sonar. It also includes transom and trolling motor mounts for convenient installation.
Garmin's ActiveCaptain® app adds so much more
Garmin's free ActiveCaptain app helps you get a lot out of your ECHOMAP. Your chartplotter purchase gives you a free 1-year subscription to Garmin Navionics+™ daily chart updates, which keep you current on aquatic data nearby. You can purchase additional maps through the app, and take advantage of Garmin's Auto Guidance+ technology, which quickly calculates the best route between your boat and your destination that won't get you hung up on obstacles, shallow waterways, overhead impediments, or sharp turns. The app also features Garmin's OneChart™ feature, trip planning, software updates, smart notifications, and more.
If you have another compatible ECHOMAP UHD2 chartplotter on your boat, you can wirelessly share information — such as sonar, waypoints, and routes — with them.
Preloaded inland lake maps
The ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv is preloaded with Garmin Navionics+ inland lakes maps, offering detailed nautical charts and up to 1-foot contours on over 44,000 lakes across all 50 states. You can add more maps via the ECHOMAP's microSD™ card slot or purchase through the ActiveCaptain app.
6.2" high-contrast color display
Ultra-fast processing refreshes your position and heading 5 times per second, so onscreen movement looks fluid on the 6.2" high-contrast color display. You'll be able to see the display in any lighting conditions, thanks to an auto-adjusting backlight. You can also drop up to 5,000 waypoints and find your way back to your favorite fishing spot.
Make your own maps
The ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv includes preloaded Quickdraw Contours software that lets you create your own HD maps with 1-foot contours. You'll own the maps, so you can keep the data to yourself or share it with Garmin or your friends. No surveying expertise is needed — you just fish and it let it handle the map creation.
Add more handy maps
Optional Garmin Navionics Vision+™ premium cartography brings a fresh look to your ECHOMAP's maps. This service delivers high-resolution relief shading, satellite imagery, sonar imagery, and much more. A subscription to Garmin Navionics Vision+ is required to receive the content, and some content is only available through the ActiveCaptain app; visit Garmin's website for more details.
NMEA 2000® network-ready
When you integrate the 63sv with your NMEA 2000 network, you'll be able to see engine data, check sensors, manage autopilot, and more.
Powerful and portable
Keeping your ECHOMAP chartplotter safe and secure when you're not on board is remarkably easy. The cords plug directly into the mount, so you won't have to waste time plugging and unplugging wires. Just remove your Garmin from power and the mount, then stow it away and go.
NMEA 2000 Note: To learn more about NMEA 2000 connectivity, check out our article explaining nautical networking.
- 6.2" marine sonar/chartplotter combo with built-in Wi-Fi
- GT54UHD-TM transducer, power cable, tilt/swivel mount, cover, and hardware included
- keyed assist touchscreen
- preloaded with Garmin Navionics+ inland lakes maps
- map coverage of over 44,000 lakes in the U.S.
- Auto Guidance+ draws up quick, obstacle-free point-to-point routes on the water
- 1-year subscription to Garmin Navionics+ daily chart updates included
- compatible with Garmin's ActiveCaptain app for data sharing, trip planning, smart notifications, and more
- network capable for NMEA 2000 (and NMEA 0183)
- compatible with FUSION-Link audio via NMEA 2000
- internal 5 Hz GPS/GLONASS updates position and heading 5 times per second
- preloaded Quickdraw Contours map creation software
- built-in capability for CHIRP sonar plus Ultra High-Definition ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonars (optional transducer required)
- works with Garmin Force trolling motor
- GPX waypoints transfer
- power output: 500 watts
- single-channel CHIRP dual-frequency/beam sonar: 50/77/83/200 kHz, L, M, H CHIRP
- built-in ClearVu scanning sonar: 260/455/800/1000/1200 kHz
- built-in SideVu scanning sonar: 260/455/800/1000/1200 kHz
- multiple depth range shading
- record up to 5000 waypoints, 100 routes, and 50 tracks
- color WVGA display (800 x 480 pixels) with keys
- supports Panoptix all-seeing sonar, including Panoptix LiveScope system (transducer not included)
- microSD card slot for expandable memory
- works with Garmin Force trolling motor
- IPX7 water resistance
- dimensions: 8.1"W x 5.1"H x 1.7"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02680-01
What's in the box:
Garmin ECHOMAP™ UHD2 63sv owner's manual
- ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv display/control unit
- Display cover
- Bail-mount bracket
- Swivel base
- 4 Self-tapping screws (M4 x 25mm)
- M6 x 20mm bolt
- M6 Nylock nut
- Flush-mount gasket (4 pieces)
- 6' Power cable with 3A in-line fuse (female 2-pin plug)
- GT54UHD-TM transducer with attached 20' cable (12-pin plug)
- Transducer transom mount
- Seven M4 x 8mm screws
- Seven 4mm star washers
- Transom mounting bracket
- Two 20mm bracket screws
- M5 x 43mm pan-head bolt
- Metal flat washer
- Rubber flat washer
- M5 Nylock nut
- Transducer trolling motor mount
- Hose clamp
- Four 5.5" plastic wire ties
- Cable entry cover
- 2 Cable clamps
- Four M4 x 12mm screws
- Split locking ring
- O-ring gasket (red)
- Quick Start Manual
- Installation Instructions
- ECHOMAP UHD2 6xsv flush mount template
- Transducer Transom Mount template
- Transducer Transom-mount/Trolling Motor Mount Installation Instructions
- Garmin Support sheet
- Important Safety and Product Information
- Garmin decal
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Garmin ECHOMAP™ UHD2 63sv
Overview: The Garmin ECHOMAP™ UHD2 63sv (Garmin part # 010-02680-01) is a combination chartplotter and fishfinder. It comes preloaded with Garmin's Navionics+ Inland map charts of the Continental U.S.. In addition, a built-in microSD slot lets you add more specialized and detailed charts and maps available from Garmin. It is equipped with the GT54UHD-TM Ultra High-Definition Scanning Sonar transducer with traditional CHIRP, ClearVü and SideVü sonar. The ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv has a 6.2" (diagonal) full color touchscreen display that can be mounted in a variety of ways. The unit has a water rating of IPX7, and can withstand being splashed with water without worry, but unsuitable for prolonged immersion.
Display: The ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv has a 5.4" (wide) x 3.1" (high), 6.2" diagonal full color touchscreen WVGA display with 800 x 480 pixels. It has a variable backlight adjustment (automatic or manual), with day and night color schemes. With the large display, you can create custom combination pages with up to three different functions on the display at once.
Keypad: In addition to touchscreen controls, the ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv features several buttons for operating the device. The keypad consists of a power button, a plus/minus control for zooming in and out of a chart or view, and four numeric shortcut keys for assigning commonly used screens, such as sonar or charts.
Mounting Options: The ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv consists of a display/control unit, a docking cradle, and an adjustable bail mount. The docking cradle has four connectors on the back for power (2-pin), NMEA 2000, Sonar (12-pin), and Network (RJ-45). When coming off the water, you can simply undock the display/control unit from the cradle without the need to unplug the cables. The bail mount swivels as well as tilts for the best view. You can also flush-mount the display/control unit into your dashboard. A flush-mount template helps you make the cut into the mounting location. A self-adhesive rubber gasket is provided for flush-mount applications.
Global Positioning System: The ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv has a built-in multi-band GPS receiver and internal antenna that collects data from overhead satellites to establish your current location. The device uses the U.S.-based GPS system, but offers access to the GLONASS (Russia) and Galileo (Europe) systems for improved position accuracy. The device requires a clear view of the sky to acquire satellite signals, and you can view the signal strength in the System Settings menu. The device is equipped with a 10 Hz GPS receiver which refreshes its position and heading 10 times per second. In addition, the unit coordinates the timing of the sonar return in relation to the boat's position to give you amazingly accurate waypoints or for pinpointing fishing hotspots.
Charts and Maps: The unit is preloaded with Garmin's Navionics+™ Inland maps of the continental United States, including details on over 18,000 lakes. The included 1-year subscription lets you download updates daily via the ActiveCaptain app. After one year, you can renew the subscription for up to 50% less than the cost of a new chart. Additional maps are available on microSD or you can download them to your own microSD card and insert them into the device. ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv supports optional Garmin Navionics Vision+ premium cartography with high-resolution relief shading, satellite imagery, sonar imagery, and more.
Auto Guidance+: The built-in Auto Guidance+ technology is a combination of the best of Garmin and Navionics automatic routing features. Auto Guidance+ gives you a suggested dock-to-dock path to follow through channels, inlets, marina entrances, and more. After you enter your desired destination, Auto Guidance+ scans your chart data, such as water depth and known obstacles, and uses your desired depth and overhead clearance to calculate a suggested path. Auto Guidance+ is for planning purposes only, and does not replace safe navigation operations.
Quickdraw Contours: The ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv features Quickdraw Contours software already installed on the device. This free software allows you to tailor the preloaded maps and create your own maps on the screen. While you fish, Quickdraw Contours creates the maps based on the sonar results from an attached compatible transducer. Compatible transducers include Garmin ClearVü, SideVü, DownVü, Panoptix, HD-ID, or NMEA 2000-compatible transducers. If you are using more than one transducer, you can choose which sonar device gives you the best results.
NMEA 2000 / NMEA 0183: The ECHOMAP UHS2 63sv can be connected to an NMEA 2000 network which can carry power and data along the same cable. If your vessel has an existing NMEA 2000 network, it should already be connected to power. The device can share data from other NMEA 2000 devices, such as sensors or a VHF radio, plus you may also be able to view fuel and engine data on the display. The necessary cables and connectors are sold separately. The unit also supports the NMEA 0183 standard, which is used to connect various NMEA 0183 devices, including VHF radios and instruments, autopilots, wind and heading sensors.
ActiveCaptain App: The free Garmin ActiveCaptain app on your mobile device provides a connection to the ECHOMAP via Wi-Fi. ActiveCaptain has a OneChart feature for accessing and updating all of your charts and maps from your smartphone or tablet, as well as purchase new ones to use on the chartplotter. You can also receive notifications of phone calls and texts on the unit's display. ActiveCaptain also lets you keep in touch with fellow boaters to get first-hand information about points of interest near your route or destination. Separate ActiveCaptain and Mobile Quickdraw communities are available for feedback or for sharing your Quickdraw Contours data. The Garmin ActiveCaptain app is compatible with devices running Android 10.0 and up, or Apple iOS 14.0 or later.
Chart Views: The ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv has Inland U.S. maps pre-loaded into its memory. The display will let you view these maps in several ways:
- Navigation Chart: This view shows the navigation data on the included maps with details including buoys, lights, cables, depth soundings, marinas, and tide stations in an overhead view.
- Perspective 3D Chart: The 3D chart provides a view from above and behind your vessel, and provides a visual navigation aid. This view is helpful when navigating tricky shoals, reefs, bridges, or channels, as well as entry and exit routes in unfamiliar harbors.
- Fishing Chart: The Fishing Chart (available with some premium charts) provides a detailed view of the bottom contours and depth surroundings. Navigational data is removed, and the bottom contours are enhanced for depth recognition. It is best for offshore deep-sea fishing.
- Mariner's Eye 3D: The Mariner's Eye 3D view provides a more detailed, 3-dimensional view from above and behind the boat to provide a visual navigation aid. This is particularly helpful for navigating tricky shoals, reefs, bridges, and channels.
- Fish Eye 3D: The Fish Eye 3D view shows an underwater view with greater detail of the sea floor, according to the chart information. With a sonar transducer, you can see suspended targets (such as fish) indicated as bright colored spheres.
Pages: The chartplotter lets you view sonar views in full screen, or multiple views in combination screens. You can create a custom combination page with two or three sonar views with several layouts to choose from. You can also customize the data in the data overlays on a screen, showing your GPS position (Latitude/longitude), GPS speed, GPS heading, water temperature, water depth, and time of day.
Waypoints: You can mark and save up to 5000 waypoints into the unit's memory. Waypoints can be marked at your present location, or you can enter the coordinates to a waypoint at a different location. Each waypoint can be saved with a name, symbol, depth, and comments. Once a waypoint has been saved, you can select and navigate to its location. You can also measure the distance to the waypoint on the Waypoint Map.
Routes: A route is a sequence of waypoints or locations that leads you to your final destination. You can create and immediately navigate a route on the Navigation chart or the Fishing chart, or create a route by putting together a series of waypoints and turns. Up to 100 routes can be created and saved in the device.
Tracks: A track is a recording of the current path of your boat. You can designate a color for each track to differentiate them from each other. Tracks are created by automatically marking the current location at a set interval. The interval can be adjusted--recording more frequent plots increases accuracy, but fills up the track log quicker. You can also record tracks by the distance between points, or the variance from your course. You can log and save up to 50 tracks with 50,000 points.
Boundaries: Boundaries allow you to remain in or avoid designated areas in a body of water. You can set up an alarm to alert you when you enter or exit a boundary. Boundaries can be areas, lines, or circles on the map. Saved tracks and routes can also be converted into boundary lines.
Other Available Data: The ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv lets you view data on tides, currents, and celestial conditions for a specific date and time:
- Tide Station Info: You can view tide height, and the times when the next high and low tides will occur.
- Current Station Info: You can view current speed and the level of the current.
- Celestial Info: Information regarding sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, moon phase, and the approximate sky view location of the sun and moon can be viewed on the screen.
Force® Trolling Motor Control: ECHOMAP UHD2 lets you wirelessly connect your Garmin Force® Trolling Motor and control it from the chartplotter. When connected, a control/status bar appears across the top of the screen. The chartplotter and trolling motor can create and follow routes, navigate to waypoints, control speed, and display battery life.
CHIRP Sonar: The ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv is equipped with the 350-watt Garmin GT54UHD-TM Ultra High-Definition scanning sonar transducer. This single transducer provides the highest resolution ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonar images with remarkably clear target separation and definition. You'll be able to view incredibly detailed images of fish and structure up to 200' below your boat with the 800kHz ClearVü sonar. With two SideVü sonar frequency settings (455kHz and 1200kHz), you'll have options for extended range views out to 500' to each side. Compared to standard sonar, which sends one frequency at a time, CHIRP (Compressed High-Intensity Radiated Pulse) sends a continuous sweep of frequencies within a range from low to high. As a result, CHIRP sonar creates much greater target separation and crisper fish arches. Traditional sonar transducers emit a conical beam, while ClearVü sonar casts two narrow beams, similar to that of a copying machine. The transducer comes with both transom and trolling motor mounts.
Note: The UHD2 63sv also supports optional Panoptix and Livescope sonar transducers.
Sonar Views: The ECHOMAP UHD2 63sv's sonar display scrolls from right to left to show the sonar readings from the transducer. The bottom depth is displayed in large numerals, along with the water temperature, and water speed. The unit has an adjustable depth range, and the depth scale is shown at the bottom of the screen, along with the transducer frequency. You can choose from four basic styles of sonar views:
- Full Screen: You can view in full screen your choice of traditional, ClearVü, or SideVü sonar.
- Split-screen: The split-screen sonar views let you view different combinations of sonar data simultaneously, such as traditional sonar and ClearVü.
- Split-zoom: The split-zoom view shows a full-view graph of sonar readings, and a magnified portion of that graph on the same screen.
- Split-frequency: In the split-frequency sonar view, one side of the screen shows a full-view graph of high frequency sonar and the other side shows a full-view graph of lower frequency sonar data.
Flasher Views: A Flasher View shows sonar information on a circular depth scale to indicate what is beneath your boat. Zero depth is shown at the top, and the depth progresses clockwise, according to the scale inside the ring. The depth at your present location is shown in the center of the ring. Sonar returns are indicated in a color scheme: Yellow (strongest), Orange (strong), Red (weaker), Blue (weakest), and White (no return).
- Frequencies Supported:
- CHIRP High-Wide: 150-240 kHz
- UHD ClearVü CHIRP: 800 kHz (760-880 kHz)
- UHD SideVü: 1200 kHz (1080-1170 kHz)
- CHIRP SideVü: 455 kHz (425-485 kHz)
- Transmit Power:
- CHIRP Traditional: 350 watts
- ClearVü/SideVü: 350 watts
- Transducer Beamwidth:
- CHIRP: 24° - 16°
- ClearVü: 0.94° x 60° @800Hz
- SideVü: 1.62° x 50°
- UHD SideVü: 0.441° x 52° @1200Hz
- Maximum Depth:
- CHIRP: 800 feet
- ClearVü: 200 feet
- SideVü: 500 feet
- UHD SideVü: 125 feet
- Supported Deadrise/Transom Angles: 0° - 70° transom
- Transducer Dimensions (with transom mount): Width 2.567", Height 3.766", Depth 6.9375"
The Garmin ECHOMAP™ UHD2 63sv replaces these items
- incudes GT24UHD-TM Ultra High-Definition transducer
- preloaded with Garmin LakeVü g3 HD maps (over 17,000 inland lakes)
- built-in Wi-Fi