About the Garmin Forerunner 735XT
True multi-sport capabilities with heart-rate monitoring
True multi-sport capabilities with heart-rate monitoring
I've learned through hard experience that when you want to get the most out of a training cycle, heart rate monitoring is an essential tool. There's really no better way to ensure that you push hard enough during your key workouts, and that you back off enough on the intensity when you need recovery. Garmin's Forerunner 735XT multisport watch makes it easy to monitor your heart rate and hit your target zones, no matter what sport your training plan has listed for that day.
Name the sport
Forerunner 735XT is the ultimate watch for the triathlete or other well-rounded athlete. It'll record all your multi-sport training, whether you're swimming laps, clipping in for a long ride, or busting out VO2 max repeats at the track. You can track the data by selecting from a variety of data fields, or customize the display with Garmin's Face-it™ app, changing the background to any picture stored in your smartphone.
Swim, bike, or run. The 735XT is up to the challenge.
Sophisticated run metrics
Forerunner 735XT offers great tools and analytics for runners, recording data on cadence, ground contact time and vertical oscillation, along with all the usual pace and time metrics you're used to. And using the data it records with its heartrate monitor, it will estimate and track your VO2 max, predicting your performance and suggesting training paces.
When you're in the pool, this watch tracks your distance, pace, stroke count, and more. For those open water sessions, you'll get an accurate rendering of your distance and pace.
Jump on the bike and Forerunner 735XT becomes a powerful bike computer. It's compatible with ANT+ power meters, including Garmin's Vector pedals, and syncs up with Garmin's Varia™ lights and rearview radar. You can even receive real-time feedback for your Strava segments during your ride — a great way to keep your motivation high during a tough climb.
Garmin's smart notifications work with your smartphone to let you receive texts, emails, and alerts on the watch screen. And Forerunner 735XT automatically uploads your workout to Garmin Connect, where you can share it with your friends through social media or many popular fitness-tracking apps. Garmin's Live Tracking feature lets your family friends track you in real time — a great race day feature.
- GPS/GLONASS multisport training watch with illuminated display
- silicone wrist band; high-strength sapphire glass lens
- 1.2" x 1.2" color (218 x 218 pixel) LCD screen
- customizable display fields, compatible with connect iQ app for custom watch faces, widgets, and data fields
- built-in altimeter, barometer, and compass
- TracBack feature records up to 1000 customizable waypoints and locations and up to 50 routes with 10,000 track points
- time, date, alarm, timer, chronograph, pace alerts, chimes, and vibration watch functions
- AutoLap, AutoPause, interval trainer, heart rate, calorie counter, and lap fitness functions
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery allows up to 40 hours (UltraTrac mode); 16 hours (GPS training mode); 2 weeks (smartwatch mode)
- compatible with Garmin Connect
- works with optional tempe temperature sensor, bike speed/cadence sensor
- ANT+ and Bluetooth capable with compatible devices
- water rated to 100 meters
- VO2 max estimator
- recovery advisor
- race predictor
- running dynamics measurements
- records personal records
- compatible with Garmin Vector pedals and optional bike speed/cadence sensors
- saves multiple bike profiles
- swimming metrics and stroke recognition
- lap counter
- open water swim distance
Activity Tracking Features:
- step counter with auto goal setter
- move bar
- sleep monitoring
- 2.0"W x 2.0"H x .6"D
- weight: 3.0 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-01614-01
What's in the box:
- GPS sports watch (midnight blue/frost blue)
- 22" Clip-on USB data/charging cable (Type A USB)
- Quick Start Manual (English)
- Quick Start Manual (Spanish)
- Quick Start Manual (French)
- Important Safety and Product Information booklet
Garmin Forerunner 735XT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin Forerunner 735XT
Overview: The Garmin Forerunner 735XT is a lightweight running watch with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver which accurately records the distance, time, speed, and location of your runs. It keeps track of your personal records, and lets you know when you have set new ones. The Forerunner 735XT provides constant feedback, including the distance traveled, elapsed time, pace, lap time, and speed. With Garmin's Elevate heart rate technology, you can continuously monitor your heart rate. After your run, you can upload your results to the Garmin Connect online community. Watch Dimensions: Width 1.8", Height 1.882", Depth 0.554"; Watch Band: Width 0.848", Length 9.875" (including buckle); Weight: 1.4 ounces
Elevate: On the back of the Forerunner 735XT is an optical sensor with Garmin's Elevate heart rate technology that shines light onto your skin and measures the amount of light returned. The sensor detects slight changes on your skin as your heart pumps blood and determines your heart rate using a sophisticated algorithm. The back of the watch has a light seal to block out ambient light for accurate results. You can broadcast your heart rate data to other Garmin devices, such as an Edge cycling computer or a VIRB action camera.
Note: The Forerunner 735XT is compatible with ANT+ devices, so you could use an optional heart rate monitor strap, if desired.
Heart Rate Zones: Heart Rate Zones are used by many athletes to indicate the level of activity, and to measure their cardiovascular strength. You can let the Forerunner 735XT set your heart rate zones based on your user profile, or manually enter heart rate values and ranges for each zone. The heart rate zones are expressed as a percentage of your maximum heart rate, and are expressed in color codes on the device's display: Poor 0-40% (Red), Fair 40% (Orange), Good 60% (Green), Excellent 80% (Blue), and Superior 95% (Purple).
Running Dynamics: The Forerunner device, when paired with the optional HRM-Run or HRM-Tri accessory, can analyze your running form. The accelerometer in the accessory heart rate monitor can measure torso movement and calculate the following running metrics: Cadence (number of steps per minute), Vertical Oscillation (your bounce when running), Ground Contact Time (amount of time you spend on the ground while running), Ground Contact Time Balance (left-right balance of your ground contact time), and Stride Length (measured from one footfall to the next). You can view your running metrics as a color gauge on the display, showing you how your running data compares to those of other runners.
Water Resistant: The Forerunner 735XT has a 5 ATM water rating, which means it can withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of 50 meters (164 feet). Not only can you run in the rain and wet weather, you can even swim while wearing the device (see note below). The device also has a wide operating temperature range of -4° to 140°F.
Note: To record your heart rate while swimming, you must use the optional HRM-Tri or HRM-Swim heart rate monitors.
Swimming Metrics: You can analyze your swimming workout using the Forerunner and an optional chest-worn HRM. The device offers preloaded swim profiles for open water and pool swimming, and metrics for both (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories, etc.). The unit can calculate your SWOLF, or swim efficiency score, which is the sum of the time for one pool length and the number of strokes for that length.
Color LCD: The Forerunner 735XT features a 1.23" x 1" color LCD screen with a resolution of 215 x 180 pixels. The display has a backlight timer that can be set to 8, 15, 30, or 60 seconds, or Stays On. The backlight can be turned on manually, or with the touch of a key or when you receive an alert.
High-Sensitivity GPS Receiver: The Forerunner 735XT features a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with GLONASS, which locates your position quickly and keeps it locked onto positioning satellites, even near tall buildings or under tree cover. You can turn off GLONASS to save battery power if your GPS signal is strong.
Accelerometer: The built-in accelerometer can accurately calculate your speed and distance when running indoors or on a treadmill, when the GPS can't be used. The accelerometer is self-calibrating, and the speed and distance accuracy improves after a few outdoor runs using GPS.
Rechargeable Battery: The Forerunner 735XT has a built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery, which will give you about 16 hours of battery life in activity mode with GPS, 14 hours in GPS mode with wrist-based heart rate monitoring, and 10 hours in GPS + GLONASS mode with heart rate monitoring. When not training, you can use the device as a digital watch for up to 9 weeks on a single charge, or 8 weeks with activity tracking. A 22" data/charging cradle is provided for charging the battery and uploading your training data.
Bluetooth Connected Features: The Garmin Forerunner 735XT features Bluetooth wireless technology that allows you to pair the device to your smartphone or mobile device through the Garmin Connect Mobile app. When connected via Bluetooth, you can do the following:
- Live Track: Your friends and family can follow your races and training activities in real time on the Garmin Connect tracking page. You can also invite others to follow via email or social media. (You must have your phone paired to the device throughout your run for Live Tracking.)
- Activity Uploads: When your workout is completed, you can automatically upload the stored data from your activity to Garmin Connect.
- Software Updates: While connected to your smartphone, the Forerunner 735XT will download the latest software updates. On-screen instructions will guide you how to update the software the next time you turn the device on.
- Social Media: You can share your results and post updates to your favorite social media site.
- Notifications: When you receive an email, text, or other alert on your phone, a notification will be displayed on the Forerunner's display.
Locating A Lost Phone: The Forerunner 735XT can help you locate your phone if it is still paired and currently within range. As you search, the Find My Phone widget will display the Bluetooth signal strength and sound an audible alert to help you find your phone.
Connect IQ: Through Garmin's Connect IQ site, you can customize your Forerunner with watch faces, data fields, widgets, and apps. You can download Connect IQ features to your device when paired with your smartphone (Bluetooth) or connected to your computer (USB cable).
History: The Forerunner 735XT can save approximately 80 hours of activity data. Your history displays the date, time of day, distance, run time, calories, average pace or speed, and heart rate zone data. When the memory is full, your oldest data is overwritten. History is not recorded while the timer is stopped or paused.
Watch Functions: When you're not working out, the Forerunner 735XT can be used as a basic watch, displaying the time and date, along with an alarm. The time is automatically set by the GPS receiver (or manually, if desired), and can be displayed in 12-hour or 24-hour format.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked