About the Garmin Forerunner 945 Bundle
If you swim for recreation, fitness, or competition, this Garmin 945 Bundle is for you. In addition to the excellent built-in swim tools of the Forerunner 945, including lap counting, distance, and stroke detection, this bundle adds the HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim heart rate straps so you'll have reliable heart-rate data whether you're at the local pool or braving the open water.
Forerunner 945 boasts a built-in music player
It's not a watch, it's a lifestyle
For all your other activities, whether it's tackling trails, hitting the road on your bike, working out at the gym, going for a swim, or even hitting the links, Forerunner 945 records all these activities and more with precise GPS, GLONASS, or Galileo satellite positioning, and even lets you see the big picture through preloaded street and topographic maps. Forerunner 945's memory can store up to 1000 waypoints, so you can record trail junctions, water sources, scenic vistas, campsites — any location you want. Forerunner 945 also comes equipped with an altimeter, barometer, and compass, giving you valuable information you may need in the backcountry. And when you reach civilization, you can use Garmin Pay™ to buy food and beverages, so you can leave your wallet at home.
Tunes to go
Now you can skip the hassle of toting your smartphone or music player with you when you're on the road, trail, or treadmill. This watch features built-in storage for up to 1000 songs, so you can plug into your computer, download your favorites, then listen through Bluetooth® headphones (not included). Forerunner 945 also supports select streaming services like Pandora® and Spotify as well.
Forerunner 945 works with your smartphone to let you receive texts, emails, and alerts on your watch screen. And your workouts upload automatically to Garmin Connect, where you can share it with your friends through social media or many popular fitness-tracking apps.
Plus, you customize the display with Garmin's Face-it™ app, changing the background to any picture stored in your smartphone. And if you like capturing the action, it even works as a remote control for Garmin's VIRB™ and VIRB Elite action cameras.
Train with heart rate
When you really want to improve your performance, the evidence is clear that heart rate monitoring is an essential tool. Forerunner 945 employs wrist-based heart rate monitoring when you're not in the water, so you're always able to tap into this vital metric. Your body responds to exercise intensities differently, so you need a blend of workouts to balance your training, and heart rate monitoring is one of the best ways to keep track. Using the data it records with its heart rate monitor, this Garmin will estimate and track your VO2 max, predicting your performance and suggesting training paces.
On the run
Forerunner handles all your run training with ease, providing accurate measurements of time, distance, elevation change, pace, and more. Built-in maps mean that you'll always know how to get back even on the longest runs. Add an optional Running Dynamics Pod or external heart rate strap, and Forerunner 945 will help you with your running form by measuring metrics like stride length, and vertical oscillation — helping you become a more efficient runner.
Enjoy the ride
Take Forerunner 945 along when you're on the bike, whether your choice of venue is single-track or smooth asphalt. It will accurately measure your speed, distance, and pace, and it's fully compatible with Garmin's Vector™ pedals or ANT+ power meters, so you can track and record your power output throughout your ride. For extra safety, this watch is also compatible with Garmin's Varia™ lights and rear-view radar systems.
Need more? You'll find special features for the gym, skiing, and golfing too. And when you clip into your skis or snowboard, special modes track your speed, distance, vertical drop and your total runs — even pausing automatically when you're in the lift line. Hitting the links? Forerunner 945 taps into an extensive database of golf courses to let you know accurate distances to the green, doglegs, or layup points. And that hard workout at the gym is covered as well, with multiple options to record indoor activities.
- GPS/GLONASS/Galileo multisport training watch with color illuminated display
- bundle includes HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim heart rate monitors
- built-in music player for stored music files and streaming services
- stores up to 1000 songs
- supports Pandora, Spotify, and Deezer
- fits wrists from 5-1/8" to 8-5/8" in circumference
- 1.2" LCD display (240 x 240 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass DX lens
- wrist-based heart rate measurement
- Pulse Ox measurement
- time/date, alarm, timer, chimes, and vibration watch functions
- compatible with Garmin Connect, Strava, and popular training apps
- compatible with Garmin Pay
- text and email smart notifications
- smartphone music control
- incident detection
- downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets, and apps
- GPS speed and distance, AutoLap, AutoPause, interval trainer, heart rate, calorie counter, cadence, and fitness functions
- VO2 max estimation
- recovery advisor
- race predictor
- training load focus
- heat and altitude acclimation
- compatible with running dynamic accessories
- personal record logging
- compatible with Garmin Vector pedals and Varia lights
- speed and cadence sensor support
- course creator
- Strava segments
Multisport and Outdoor Activity Features:
- pool swimming lap counter and stroke recognition
- built-in topographic maps, with option to load additional maps
- point to point, breadcrumb, and TracBack GPS navigation
- built-in compass, altimeter, and thermometer
- Garmin golf features
- gym activity profiles for strength, cardio, indoor rowing, yoga, and more
Activity Tracking Features:
- step counter with auto goal setter
- floor counting counter
- move bar
- sleep monitoring
- dimensions: 1.85"W x 1.85"H x .54"D
- 5 ATM water rating
- battery life:
- up to 2 weeks in Smartwatch mode
- up to 10 hours in GPS mode (with music)
- up to 36 hours in GPS mode (without music)
- weight: 1.76 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02063-10
What's in the box:
- GPS sports watch (black/blue trim) with blue 22mm silicone band
- Spare black silicone bands (2 pieces)
- 2 Silicone band loops (black + blue)
- 2 Screwdrivers (for wristband removal)
- 2 Wristband posts
- 2 Wristband screws
- Handlebar quick release bracket
- Wrist quick release bracket
- 2 Plastic handlebar mounts
- 2 Rubber disks
- 4 Large O-rings
- 4 Small O-rings
- HRM-Swim heart rate monitor
- HRM-Tri heart rate monitor
- Wide extension strap
- Narrow extension strap
- 21" USB charging/data cable (Type A USB on one end and proprietary connector on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety and Product Information
- Quick release bracket instructions
- HRM-Tri sizing/wearing instructions
- HRM-Swim sizing/wearing instructions
- Notice regarding EPDM replacement bands
Garmin Forerunner 945 Bundle reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin Forerunner 945 Bundle
Overview: The Garmin Forerunner 945 is a lightweight running and multi-sport watch with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver. It can accurately records the distance, time, speed, and location of your runs, or analyzes your swim, ski runs, or rounds of golf. It keeps track of your personal records, and lets you know when you have set new ones. The Forerunner 945 provides constant feedback, including the distance traveled, elapsed time, pace, lap time, and speed. The built-in barometer, altimeter, and electronic compass let you keep your bearings when your activities take you off the beaten path. While you work out, you can listen to your favorite music downloaded to your Forerunner 945. With Garmin's Elevate heart rate technology, you can continuously monitor your heart rate. After your run, you can upload your results to the Garmin Connect online community. The dimensions are:
- Watch: Width 1.898", Height 2.112", Depth 0.593"
- Watch Band: Width 0.852" (22mm), Length 10" (including buckle)
- Fits Wrists: with a circumference of 5.12" to 8.66"
- Weight: 1.8 ounces
Bundle: This Forerunner 945 Bundle includes extra accessories to help you keep track of your performance, whether you're running, swimming, or doing a triathlon. The bundle includes the HRM-Swim heart rate monitor, HRM-Tri heart rate monitor, quick release brackets for your wrist and bicycle handlebars, plus an extra set of silicone straps and the tools to install them.
Color LCD: The Forerunner 945 features a 1.2" diameter color LCD screen with a resolution of 240 x 240 pixels. The display has a backlight timer that can be set to 8, 15, 30, or 60 seconds, or Stays On. The backlight can be turned on manually, or with the touch of a key or when you receive an alert. The LCD is protected by a chemically-strengthened Corning Gorilla Glass DX lens.
Interchangeable Watch Bands: The Forerunner 945 comes with Garmin's standard 22mm silicone strap. Dozens of optional interchangeable straps are available directly from Garmin in silicone, leather, metal, titanium, or nylon.
Elevate: On the back of the Forerunner 945 is an optical sensor with Garmin's Elevate heart rate technology that shines light onto your skin and measures the amount of light returned. The sensor detects slight changes on your skin as your heart pumps blood and determines your heart rate using a sophisticated algorithm. The back of the watch has a light seal to block out ambient light for accurate results. You can broadcast your heart rate data to other Garmin devices, such as an Edge cycling computer or a VIRB action camera.
Note: The Forerunner 945 bundle includes two chest-worn heart rate monitor straps that connect via ANT+ wireless technology.
Heart Rate Zones: Heart Rate Zones are used by many athletes to indicate the level of activity, and to measure their cardiovascular strength. You can let the Forerunner 945 set your heart rate zones based on your user profile, or manually enter heart rate values and ranges for each zone. The heart rate zones are expressed as a percentage of your maximum heart rate, and are expressed in color codes on the device's display: Poor 0-40% (Red), Fair 40% (Orange), Good 60% (Green), Excellent 80% (Blue), and Superior 95% (Purple).
Advanced Monitoring: The Forerunner 945 continually monitors certain advanced performance measurements to help you track your training and race performances. These measurements include:
- VO2 Max: the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute (in milliliters), based on your body weight (in kilograms), and at your maximum performance.
- Predicted Race Times: Using the VO2 max estimate, and your training history, the device provides a target race time, based on your current state of fitness.
- HRV Stress Test: This test requires a Garmin chest heart rate monitor. The device records your HRV (heart rate variability) while standing still for 3 minutes. It provides your overall stress level, based on a scale of 1 (low) to 100 (high).
- Performance Condition: Performance condition is a real-time assessment after 6 to 20 minutes of activity. It compares your real-time condition to your average fitness level.
- Functional Threshold Power (FTP): The device uses your user profile information from the initial setup to estimate your FTP. To get a more accurate rating, a guided test is required.
- Lactate Threshold: This test requires a Garmin chest heart rate monitor. Your lactate threshold is the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue. The device measures your lactate threshold level using heart rate data and pace.
- Training Effect: Training Effect measures the impact of an activity on your aerobic and anaerobic fitness. Training Effect accumulates during the activity and the value increases. The value is expressed in a number between 0 and 5:
- From 0 to 0.9: No benefit to your aerobic or anaerobic fitness.
- From 1.0 to 1.9: Minor benefit
- From 2.0 to 2.9: Maintains your aerobic or anaerobic fitness
- From 3.0 to 3.9: Impacts your aerobic or anaerobic fitness
- From 4.0 to 4.9: Highly impacts your aerobic or anaerobic fitness
- 5.0: Overreaching and potentially harmful without enough recovery time
Running Dynamics: The Forerunner device, when paired with the included HRM-Tri heart rate monitor and the optional Running Dynamics Pod accessory, can help analyze your running form. The accelerometer in the accessories can measure torso movement and calculate the following running metrics: Cadence (number of steps per minute), Vertical Oscillation (your bounce when running), Ground Contact Time (amount of time you spend on the ground while running), Ground Contact Time Balance (left-right balance of your ground contact time), and Stride Length (measured from one footfall to the next). You can view your running metrics as a color gauge on the display, showing you how your running data compares to those of other runners.
Golf Features: Wearing the Forerunner 945 while playing golf gives you access to many features to help enhance your game. Before you play, you can download the course, using Garmin Connect, from the database of over 41,000 courses worldwide. For each hole, the device displays the hole number, par for the hole, and distances to the front, middle, and back of the green. You can move the flag to the precise pin placement for the day in order to show accurate distances. After you play the hole you can enter your score. The built-in odometer can record the time, distance, and steps you travel as you play. The Forerunner 945 is compatible with the optional Garmin TruSwing accessory to let you view your swing metrics and analyze your swing to help you improve your game.
Water Resistant: The Forerunner 945 which means it is resistant to moderate moisture contact. Not only can you run in the rain and wet weather, you can even swim or shower while wearing the device. The device also has a wide operating temperature range of -4° to 140°F.
Note: To record your heart rate while swimming, you must use the included HRM-Tri or HRM-Swim heart rate monitors.
Swimming Metrics: You can analyze your swimming workout using the Forerunner 945 and the chest-worn HRM-Swim or HRM-Tri heart rate monitor. The device offers preloaded swim profiles for open water and pool swimming, and metrics for both (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories, etc.). The unit can calculate your SWOLF, or swim efficiency score, which is the sum of the time for one pool length and the number of strokes for that length.
High-Sensitivity GPS Receiver: The unit features a high-sensitivity GPS receiver which will stay locked onto satellites, even near tall buildings or under tree cover. By default, the device uses the U.S. Global Positioning System (GPS) to locate overhead satellites. When you're in locations with poor sky visibility, you can use a combination of GPS and GLONASS (Russian satellite system), or GPS and Galileo (European Union satellite system) to obtain a more accurate position. Using GPS and another satellite system together will reduce battery life more quickly than using GPS alone.
Accelerometer: The built-in accelerometer can accurately calculate your speed and distance when running indoors or on a treadmill, when the GPS can't be used. The accelerometer is self-calibrating, and the speed and distance accuracy improves after a few outdoor runs using GPS.
Music: The Forerunner 945 has approximately 7 GB of built-in media storage, which is enough for approximately 1000 songs. Music storage and playback enables you to download audio content to the device from your computer, or a 3rd party provider (such as Spotify or Deezer) so you can listen while you work out and your smartphone is not nearby. You can also control music stored on your connected smartphone. In order to listen to the content, you must connect your device to Bluetooth headphones. Playback controls, such as volume, play, pause, skip forward, skip backward, repeat, and shuffle, are built into the Forerunner 945.
Rechargeable Battery: The Forerunner 945 has a built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. A 21" data/charging cradle is provided for charging the battery and uploading your training data. It takes approximately 2 hours to fully charge a depleted battery. The estimated battery life is as follows:
- Watch Mode (no GPS): up to 2 weeks with activity tracking, smartphone notifications, and wrist-based heart rate.
- Watch Mode with Music (no GPS): up to 14 hours with activity tracking, smartphone notifications, wrist-based heart rate, and music playback.
- Activity Mode: up to 36 hours with GPS and wrist-based heart rate.
- Activity Mode with Music: up to 10 hours with GPS, wrist-based heart rate, and music playback.
- UltraTrac Mode (no music): up to 60 hours (up to 50 hrs with wrist-based heart rate)
Bluetooth Connected Features: The Garmin Forerunner 945 features Bluetooth Smart wireless technology that allows you to pair the device to your smartphone or mobile device through the Garmin Connect Mobile app. When connected via Bluetooth, you can do the following: Phone notifications, LiveTrack, GroupTrack, software updates, workout and course downloads, Connect IQ, social media interactions, weather updates, music controls, audio prompts, Find My Phone, and Find My Watch.
Locating A Lost Phone/Watch: The Forerunner 945 can help you locate your phone if it is still paired and currently within range. As you search, the Find My Phone widget will display the Bluetooth signal strength and sound an audible alert to help you find your phone. Similarly, you can find your lost Forerunner using your phone when they are paired and within range.
Wi-Fi Features: In addition to Bluetooth, you can connect the Forerunner 945 to the internet via Wi-Fi. While connected, you can perform software updates, upload activity data to your Garmin Connect account, and search for and select workout and training plans to send to your device.
Connect IQ: Through Garmin's Connect IQ site, you can customize your Forerunner with watch faces, data fields, widgets, and apps. You can download Connect IQ features to your device when paired with your smartphone (Bluetooth) or connected to your computer (USB cable).
History: The Forerunner 945 has a small amount of memory for saving activity data. Your history displays the date, time of day, distance, run time, calories, average pace or speed, and heart rate zone data. When the memory is full, your oldest data is overwritten. History is not recorded while the timer is stopped or paused. Up to 200 hours of activity data can be saved in History.
Watch Functions: When you're not working out, the Forerunner 945 can be used as a basic watch, displaying the time and date, along with an alarm, timer, and a stopwatch. The time is automatically set by the GPS receiver (or manually, if desired), and can be displayed in 12-hour or 24-hour format. You can download pre-loaded watch faces or create a customized watch face on the Garmin Connect IQ store.
Garmin Pay: The Garmin Forerunner 945 features the Garmin Pay contactless payment solution. Garmin Pay lets you pay for purchases quickly without your wallet or phone. It works almost anywhere you can make contactless payments. All you have to do is enter your passcode, select the credit card you want to use from your virtual wallet, and hold your wrist near the card reader. Your card number is not stored on your device, or passed to merchants when you pay, so it's private and secure. Garmin Pay works with many major credit and debit cards from major banks, including Visa and MasterCard.
1 question already asked