About the Garmin fenix 6X Pro Solar
Power that lasts
Power that lasts
One of the first questions that ultrarunners and other endurance athletes ask about a multisport watch is "How long does the battery last?" Garmin's fenix 6X Pro Solar incorporates innovative new technology to provide an answer that will make them smile. This Garmin's Power Glass solar charging lens significantly extends battery life — as much as 50% depending on the mode the watch is in. Whether you're racking up the vertical and logging major miles, bombing a descent on your mountain bike, grabbing your pack for a multi-day expedition, or even hitting the links, count on the Pro Solar to be ready to go.
You don't need your phone to enjoy music with fenix 6X Pro Solar. Built-in music storage lets you access an extensive music library of up to 2000 songs — pair up some Bluetooth earbuds and get moving. When you've got your phone with you, use the watch to control your favorite streaming services, like Spotify, Deezer, and Amazon music.
This Garmin employs wrist-based heart rate monitoring, so you're always able to tap into this vital metric. And using the data it records with its heart rate monitor, fenix 6X Pro Solar estimates and tracks your VO2 max. A Pulse Ox sensor is on your wrist as well, recording altitude acclimation and helping monitor your sleep. By combining this information, this Garmin advises you on when it's smart to rest and when it's time to ramp up the intensity in your workouts.
Garmin's smart notifications work with your smartphone to let you receive texts, emails, and alerts on the 1.4" screen. And this watch automatically uploads your workout to Garmin Connect, where you can share it with your friends through social media or many popular fitness-tracking apps. Assistance and incident detection harness the power of your phone to send your location to emergency contacts.
Born for the backcountry
The fenix 6X Pro Solar is your trusted companion when you're in the backcountry, whether it's a day hike or a multi-day expedition. Built-in topo maps let you know the lay of the land — if you're in unfamiliar terrain, you can drip virtual breadcrumbs along the way, creating a tracklog you can retrace if necessary.
Looking for that perfect campsite? You can take advantage of waypoints you've recorded on previous trips, so you'll be sure to find that special campsite the next time around. The watch also comes equipped with an altimeter, barometer, and compass, giving you valuable information you may need in the backcountry. And battery life doesn't need to limit you — Expedition mode is an ultralow-powered GPS reference that extends battery life for weeks.
Run and bike
This Garmin is an invaluable running partner, with super-accurate GPS measurements of distance and pace. And it will help guide you through properly paced workouts with PacePro, even adjusting your pacing to account for changes in elevation.
For fun on two wheels, fenix 6X Pro Solar will accurately measure your speed, distance, and pace, plus provide turn-by-turn directions when you're trying out a new route. And it's fully compatible with Garmin's Vector™ pedals or ANT+ power meters, so you can track and record your power output throughout your ride. For extra safety, this watch is also compatible with Garmin's Varia™ lights and rear-view radar systems.
Swim, ski, golf
You'll find special features for use with swim training, skiing, and golfing too. When you're in the pool, this watch tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. And when you clip into your skis or snowboard, special modes track your speed, distance, vertical drop, and your total runs — even pausing automatically when you're in the lift line. Preloaded ski maps take away the hassle of pulling out a map to find the perfect run.
Hitting the links? fenix 6X Pro Solar taps into an extensive database of golf courses for full color displays of distances to the green, doglegs, or layup points.
- multisport training watch with color display
- Power Glass solar charging lens
- music player with 2000 song storage and online app connection
- music playback via Bluetooth
- wrist-based heart rate monitor and Pulse Ox sensor
- compatible with Garmin Pay
- Smart Notifications when paired with your smartphone
- compatible with Garmin Connect
- color topo maps
- incident detection and assistance send your location to emergency services
- multi-satellite network capability (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo)
- 1.4" (280 x 280 pixels) color LCD screen
- ANT+ and Bluetooth capable with compatible devices
- AutoLap, AutoPause, interval trainer, heart rate, calorie counter, and lap fitness functions
- memory for up to 1000 customizable waypoints and 30 routes, with 200 hour track log
- VO2 max estimator
- PacePro adjusts pace guidance to grades as you run
- recovery advisor
- race predictor
- running dynamics measurements
- records personal records
- compatible with Garmin Vector pedals and other ANT+ -enabled power meters
- compatible with Garmin Varia lights and accessories
- works with optional bike speed/cadence sensor
- saves multiple bike profiles
- swimming metrics and stroke recognition
- lap counter
- open water swim distance
Activity Tracking Features:
- step counter with auto goal setter
- move bar
- sleep monitoring
- built-in altimeter, barometer, and compass
- customizable display fields, compatible with connect iQ app for custom watch faces, widgets, and data fields
- time, date, alarm, timer, chronograph, pace alerts, chimes, and vibration watch functions
- Power Manager and Expedition Mode for extended battery life
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery life
- up to 66 hours (GPS mode)
- up to 16 hours (GPS and music)
- up to 24 days (smartwatch mode)
- up to 56 days (expedition GPS mode)
- water rated to 100 meters
- 2"W x 2"H x .6"D
- weight: 2.9 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02157-23
What's in the box:
- 51mm GPS multi-sport watch (Titanium bezel and a 26mm vented titanium bracelet)
- 26mm Ember Orange QuickFit 26 silicone band (2 pieces)
- 21" USB data/charging cable (Type A USB on one end and proprietary connector on other end)
- Quick Start Manual
- Important Safety and Product Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin fenix 6X Pro Solar
Overview: The Garmin fēnix 6X Pro Solar (010-02157-20) is an advanced training watch with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver which accurately pinpoints and tracks your location while you're skiing, hiking, running, biking, swimming, or golfing. With the built-in Elevate wrist heart rate technology, your heart rate can be measured at the wrist instead of requiring you to wear a separate chest strap. The results of your activities can be easily uploaded to the Garmin Connect online community for sharing.
Pro Solar Edition: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar offers these additional features, compared to the fēnix 6X:
- Solar Charging: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar Edition has a transparent Power Glass solar charging lens that uses sunlight to charge your watch while you use it. The watch face displays a graph of the intensity of solar input over the past 6 hours.
- Tougher Materials: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar Edition is equipped with a titanium watch bezel, instead of stainless. The watch band is made of titanium as well.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: You can connect your fēnix 6X Pro Solar to a Wi-Fi network to upload your activity to your Garmin Connect account. You can search for and download activities and workouts from the Garmin Connect site. You can also download your favorite music files from 3rd party providers, and obtain software updates.
- Music & Music Apps: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar offers on board storage for up to 2000 songs, and access to streaming apps, such as Deezer, Spotify, and Amazon Music. You can listen to your music through Bluetooth headphones.
- Preloaded Maps: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar comes preloaded with mapping that includes routable street and off-road networks, run names and difficulty ratings for 2,000 popular ski resorts, and more than 41,000 golf courses.
- PacePro Technology: The device offers dynamic, grade-adjusted pace guidance throughout your activity, based on elevation and your personal pacing preferences. On the display, you can view your target pace and your current time, with a measure of how you compare to the target.
- ClimbPro Ascent Feature: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar shows the grade, distance, and elevation gain of each upcoming ascent, helping you gauge your effort over the remainder of your climb.
Physical Attributes: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar features a rugged 51mm diameter, titanium bezel and rear panel, a fiber-reinforced polymer outer case, and a Power Glass lens. The vented titanium bracelet-style watch band fits wrists with a circumference of 5.31" to 8.86" (135-225mm). An Ember Orange QuickFit 26 silicone watch band is also included. The watch bands can be replaced with a different color silicone band, or a nylon, stainless steel, or leather band (all available from Garmin).
- Watch: Width 2.053" (51mm), Height 2.244", Depth 0.642"
- Band: Width 1.009" (26mm)
- Weight: 2.9 ounces
Step Counter: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar's activity tracking feature records your daily step count, distance traveled, intensity minutes, floors climbed, calories burned, and sleep statistics for each recorded day. You can create daily goals, which are updated automatically based on your previous activity levels. Move alerts, which appear after a period of inactivity, remind you to keep moving.
Running Dynamics: When paired with the optional HRM-Run or HRM-Tri accessory, the device can analyze your running form. The accelerometer in the accessory heart rate monitor can measure torso movement and calculate the following running metrics: Cadence (number of steps per minute), Vertical Oscillation (your bounce when running), Ground Contact Time (amount of time you spend on the ground while running), Ground Contact Time Balance (left-right balance of your ground contact time), and Stride Length (measured from one footfall to the next). You can view your running metrics as a color gauge on the display, showing you how your running data compares to those of other runners.
LCD: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar features a 1.4" diameter, sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) color display with a resolution of 280 x 280 pixels. It has a backlight comes on automatically when you press any button, and can be set to time out in 4 sec, 8 sec, 15 sec, 30 sec, 1 minute, or stay on. When the Gesture feature is turned on, the backlight comes on when you raise or turn your arm to look at your wrist.
Water Resistant: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar has a 10 ATM water rating, which means it can withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of 100 meters (328 feet). Not only can you wear the device in the rain and wet weather, you can even swim with it. It is not recommended for scuba diving. The device also has a wide operating temperature range of -4° to 113°F.
High-Sensitivity GPS Receiver: The unit features a high-sensitivity GPS receiver. With multi-satellite support (GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo), the device stays locked onto satellites, even near tall buildings or under tree cover. If you're in a wide open area, you can turn off the GLONASS or Galileo options to save battery life. The fēnix 6X Pro Solar is also equipped with altimeter (for elevation data), barometer (showing short-term air pressure trends), and compass sensors (to keep your bearings).
Accelerometer: The built-in accelerometer can accurately calculate your speed and distance when running indoors or on a treadmill, when the GPS can't be used. The accelerometer is self-calibrating, and the speed and distance accuracy improves after a few outdoors runs using GPS. In many cases, a separate foot pod is not needed.
Garmin Pay: The Garmin fēnix 6X Pro Solar features the Garmin Pay contactless payment solution. Garmin Pay lets you pay for purchases quickly without your wallet or phone. It works almost anywhere you can make contactless payments. All you have to do is enter your passcode, select the credit card you want to use from your virtual wallet, and hold your wrist near the card reader. Your card number is not stored on your device, or passed to merchants when you pay, so it's private and secure. Garmin Pay works with many major credit and debit cards from major banks, including Visa and MasterCard.
Rechargeable Battery: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar has a powerful built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. Battery power is supplimented by the Power Glass solar charging lens to provide additional power between USB charges. A 21" data cable/charging cradle is provided for charging the battery and uploading your training data. The battery life depends upon the features you use:
|Smartwatch Mode (with activity tracking and 24/7 wrist-based heart rate monitoring)||Up to 21 days + 3 days with solar charging|
|GPS + GLONASS Mode||Up to 60 hours + 6 hours with solar charging|
|Music + GPS Mode||Up to 15 hours + 1 hour with solar charging|
|Max battery GPS Mode||Up to 120 hours + 28 hours with solar charging|
|Expedition GPS Mode||Up to 46 days + 10 days with solar charging|
|Battery Saver Watch Mode||Up to 80 days + 40 days with solar charging|
Elevate Technology: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar is equipped with Elevate wrist heart rate technology, which monitors your heart rate without having to wear a chest strap. Whenever you wear the fēnix 6X Pro Solar, your heart rate is being monitored, even while you sleep. The heart rate data helps to provide an accurate reading of calories burned, and to measure the intensity of your workout.
Note: You may turn off wrist-based heart rate monitoring while wearing the optional HRM-Tri or HRM-Swim heart rate monitor.
Physiological Measurements: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar's Elevate wrist heart rate monitor can take physiological measurements to help you analyze your training activities and race performances. The more you use the fēnix 6X Pro Solar, the more accurate the estimates become, as the device learns about your activities and performances. Physiological measurement estimates include:
- VO2 Max: VO2 Max is your body's maximum oxygen consumption, to help you track your fitness and performance levels.
- Predicted Race Times: The VO2 Max estimate and published data sources are used to provide a target race time, based on your current state of fitness.
- HRV Stress Test: The heart rate variability (HRV) stress test records how much your heart varies while standing still for 3 minutes. The score is expressed on a scale of 1 to 100, with the lower score indicating a lower stress level. This test requires a Garmin Chest heart rate monitor.
- Performance Condition: Your Performance Condition is a real-time assessment after 6 to 20 minutes of activity.
- Functional Threshold Power (FTW): The device uses your user profile information from the initial setup to estimate your FTP. You can conduct a guided test to gain a more accurate rating.
- Lactate Threshold: Lactate Threshold is the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue, based on the amount of lactic acid in your bloodstream.
ANT+ Sensors: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar can be used with wireless 2.4 GHz ANT+ add-on sensors, such as the optional HRM-Swim or HRM-Tri. These two sensors can be used to record your heart rate while swimming, or to determine your stress level (Heart Rate Variability). Other optional ANT+ sensors that work with the fēnix 6X Pro Solar include the Running Dynamics Pod, Bike Speed or Cadence Sensor, Foot Pod, Vector power sensor, Varia bike devices, and tempe external temperature sensor.
Bluetooth Connected Features: The Garmin fēnix 6X Pro Solar features Bluetooth wireless technology that allows you to pair the device to your smartphone through the Garmin Connect Mobile app, available for Android (5.0 and up) and iOS (11.0 or later). When connected via Bluetooth, you can do the following:
- Live Track: Your friends and family can follow your races and training activities in real time on the Garmin Connect tracking page. You can also invite others to follow via email or social media. (You must have your phone paired to the device throughout your run for Live Tracking.)
- Automatic Uploads: When your workout is completed, you can automatically upload the stored data from your activity to Garmin Connect.
- Phone Notifications: When you receive notifications and messages on your phone, they are displayed on the fēnix 6X Pro Solar.
- Connect IQ: Allows you to extend your device features with new watch faces, widgets, apps, and data fields.
- Software Updates: You can keep your device up to date with software updates.
- Find My Phone/Find My Watch: When your fēnix 6X Pro Solar and smartphone are paired, you can locate a lost smartphone with the fēnix 6X Pro Solar, or a lost fēnix 6X Pro Solar with your smartphone, as long as you're in range.
Golf: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar gives you access to full-color CourseView maps of more than 41,000 preloaded golf courses around the world. The maps include distance data, and allows you to keep your score on the digital scorecard. As you play golf, distance information for each hole (front, middle, and back of green, plus layups and doglegs) are displayed on the fēnix 6X Pro Solar.
Swimming: You can use the device while surface swimming in a pool or open water. While pool swimming, you can enter the pool size data and keep track of the strokes, and the number of lengths (of the pool) you swam.
Skiing/Snowboarding: In Skiing and Snowboard modes, the fēnix 6X Pro Solar keeps track of your speed, distance, and vertical drop to calculate the number of runs you make. Auto Pause stops the timer while you're on the lift.
Sleep Tracking: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar's Sleep Mode can monitor your rest, and display sleep statistics such as total hours of sleep, periods of movement, and periods of restful sleep. If desired, you can use the Do Not Disturb mode to turn off the backlight and vibration alerts.
User Profile: The Garmin fēnix 6X Pro Solar uses information that you enter about yourself to calculate accurate training data. You can enter the following user profile information: Gender, Birth Year, Height, Weight, heart rate zone, and power zone settings. The device will use this information to calculate accurate training data.
Virtual Partner: The Virtual Partner feature is a training tool designed to help you reach your goals. You can set the Virtual Partner to run at a target pace or speed. As you run, you can "compete" with the Virtual Partner, checking the display to see if you are ahead or behind the target pace or speed. If the pace is too slow or too fast, you can adjust the speed of the Virtual Partner as you run.
Auto Lap: Auto Lap automatically marks a lap at a specific distance. This feature is helpful for comparing your performance over different parts of an activity. Each time you complete a lap, the device will beep or vibrate, and the lap time is displayed.
Auto Pause: You can set the fēnix 6X Pro Solar to pause the timer automatically when you stop moving, or when your pace drops below a specified value. This feature is helpful if you have to stop for traffic or to tie your shoe during your run.
Watch Functions: When you're not working out, the fēnix 6X Pro Solar can be used as a basic watch, displaying the time and date, along with an alarm and stopwatch. You can configure the watch face in a number of ways, including analog/digital, icons, style, and colors. The time is automatically set by the GPS receiver (or manually, if desired), and can be displayed in 12-hour or 24-hour format. The device can also provide local sunrise and sunset times.
Watch Faces: The fēnix 6X Pro Solar lets you customize the appearance of the watch face by selecting available layouts, colors, and additional data. Custom watch faces can be downloaded from the Connect IQ store.
VIRB Remote: If you have a Garmin VIRB action camera, the fēnix 6X Pro Solar can be used as a glove-friendly remote control. The camera commands for stopping and starting recordings and taking still photos are sent wirelessly via ANT+.