About the Garmin GLO™ 2
Reliable GPS service anywhere you roam
Reliable GPS service anywhere you roam
Whether you're a UTV enthusiast, amateur pilot, or an unconventional road warrior, you rely on GPS to keep you on track. To insure your device doesn't let you down — especially if it's a tablet, laptop, or smartphone — Garmin's GLO 2 universal GPS receiver with Bluetooth locks onto satellite signals and transmits info to your devices quickly so you'll always have the most precise location information at the ready. It works with a large variety of portables, including iOS devices, so you'll have plenty of options for taking your preferred mode of transport to remote locations. And since it also works with Russian GLONASS satellites, you have even more chances of finding a strong signal quickly, no matter how fast you're going.
Take it for a drive or a hike or a cruise or a flight or...
You can use the GLO 2 with apps for navigation, geocaching, aviation, golfing, and more. It can pair with up to four Bluetooth devices at the same time, so you can get your co-pilot and crew in on the fun. If you're using a Wi-Fi-only tablet or laptop, this receiver supplies GPS info so you can use navigation apps in your car without having to use 3G or 4G signals. Once you've done an initial setup with your device, this little Garmin receiver pairs up automatically so you can get going without any inconvenient delays.
Trustworthy navigation from the experts at Garmin
The GLO 2 locates your position anywhere around the world in under 60 seconds when properly placed, and updates position up to ten times per second. Since you're not using your device's built-in GPS receiver, you'll extend battery life on your device when it's connected to the GLO 2. The Garmin's battery lasts up to 13 hours on a full charge, and you can conveniently power up with the included USB cable or 12-volt adapter. The receiver's also built to withstand splashing, extreme temperatures, rapid speeds, and high altitudes.
- universal Bluetooth GPS receiver
- built-in rechargeable battery with up to 13 hours of life
- 12-volt charger and USB charging cable included
- works with most Bluetooth-enabled devices including tablets, smartphones, and laptops
- compatible with hundreds of location-based apps, including car and marine navigation, aviation, golfing, geocaching, fitness, and social media
- pairs automatically to up to four devices at a time after initial setup
- automatic route recording
- can receive signals from GPS and GLONASS satellites
- faster positioning (updates up to 10 more often than standard GPS)
- greater GPS accuracy: +/- 3 meters
Other Features and Specs:
- dimensions: 3-1/16"W x 3/4"H x 1-11/16"D
- weight: 2.12 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # 010-02184-01
What's in the box:
- GLO 2 GPS/GLONASS receiver
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.7V / 1100mAh / 4.07Wh)
- Car charger with attached 70" DC output cable (DC output: 4.75-5.25V / 1A)
- 21" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and a Mini-B USB on other end)
Garmin GLO™ 2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Garmin GLO™ 2
Overview: The Garmin GLO 2 is a portable GPS/GLONASS sensor that turns your mobile device into a precice navigation device. The GLO 2 has a rechargeable battery, and comes with a 12-volt power cable, and USB charging cable. Dimensions: Width 3.024" Height 0.7" Depth 1.654", Weight 2.3 ounces (with battery)
Bluetooth: The GLO 2 uses Bluetooth to connect wirelessly to your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. Android devices require a GLO 2-enabled app to access the functions of the GLO 2.
Accuracy: The GLO 2 receives positioning information from both GPS (Global Positioning System) and GLONASS (Russia's version of GPS) satellites to give it access to up to 24 more satellites than devices that use the GPS system alone. It is also compatible with WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System), which augments the GPS system to improve accuracy, integrity, and availability. The GLO 2 locks on to satellites approximately 20% faster, and remains connected, even at high speeds. The GLO 2 also updates its position 10 times per second, up to 10 times faster than the GPS receivers in most mobile devices. The combination of additional satellites and the higher rate of positioning provides a pinpoint location that's accurate down to 3 meters.
Rechargeable Battery: The GLO 2 has a 3.7-volt 1150mAh Lithium-ion rechargeable battery that provides up to approximately 13 hours of battery life. A fully-depleted battery charges in approximately 3 hours when plugged into a USB power source or the 12-volt power cable. You can also power the unit directly from the 12-volt power cable.
Startup Time: The unit has the following startup times:
- Hot Start Time: 3 to 5 seconds
- Warm Start Time: Approximately 35 seconds
- Cold Start Time: Approximately 60 seconds
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked