About the Garmin GPSMAP 66i
Find your way and stay in touch
Find your way and stay in touch
Garmin's GPSMAP 66i handheld GPS navigator keeps you on the right track out of doors with its preloaded maps, electronic compass, and barometric altimeter. It also boasts topographic maps to help you find your way up and down elevated and depressed terrain. Its rugged waterproof housing keeps it safe on the trail. Speaking of safety, this handheld can communicate with the Iridium global satellite network via Garmin's inReach® wireless technology, so you can always send out a distress call if you get lost, injured, or hampered by bad weather out in the wild.
A big, bright display and plenty of battery life
The 3" color screen on the GPSMAP 66i lets you check out the included worldwide basemap and topographic maps, even in direct sunlight. The navigator's expedition mode offers up to 200 hours of battery life while using inReach technology, while the default mode tracks your location every 10 minutes for up to 35 hours of life with the rechargeable battery.
Topo maps and basemap, plus support for more
The GPSMAP 66i comes preloaded with worldwide basemap with shaded relief, plus Garmin TopoActive mapping for North and Central America. You also get direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads with no subscription fees, giving you a photographic aerial perspective of your surroundings. The navigator's compatible with a wide selection of add-on maps, including topographic, automotive turn-by-turn, custom, and marine maps and charts from Garmin, plus raster and vector maps. It also supports geocaching GPX files so you can download adventures straight to your device, saving paper and giving you more time to search.
Get your bearings
The GPSMAP 66i features a quad helix antenna and sensitive GPS receiver so it'll find you in a hurry and lock on to your position, whether you're in a deep canyon and under thick foliage, or surrounded by skyscrapers. The handheld's 3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter help keep you on course.
Maintain contact with the Garmin Explore app and inReach technology
Garmin's Explore app lets you map, sync, and share your treks from anywhere, including regions without cell coverage. And the app's your lifeline to the Iridium global satellite network, so when you trigger an SOS the GEOS 24/7 emergency response team will track your device and contact the nearest emergency responders. If you're part of an expedition, text communication with the rest of your crew is easy as long as you're all using compatible Garmin handhelds, wearables, or other mobile devices — you also get LiveTrack location sharing so people can follow your position remotely. A subscription is required to access the Iridium global satellite network.
More maps? Of course!
The GPSMAP 66i offers 16 GB of onboard memory, so you can download additional topo, marine, and road maps with ease. It'll also accept maps via microSD™ card. Garmin's Custom Maps feature lets you transform your old paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps you can transfer to the handheld, for extra backup.
Take the experience online
Garmin's Explore app is one way get more from your GPSMAP 66i, but it's not the only one. The Garmin Connect app keeps you up-to-date on weather alerts, including predictive maps for temperature, wind, precipitation, and clouds — all through your mobile device with cell service. It also connects you with Geocaching Live for real-time fun as new caches are uploaded nearby. And you can keep up with other Garmin users through the Garmin Connect online community, where you can find new places to discover and trails to explore.
- handheld GPS navigator with satellite communication capability
- USB cable, carabiner, and built-in rechargeable battery with up to 35 hours of life (200 hours in expedition mode)
- 3" TFT color display (240 x 400 pixels)
- 16GB internal memory (expandable with optional microSD memory cards)
- SOS feature: alerts GEOS 24/7 emergency response
- barometric altimeter and 3-axis electronic compass
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- built-in ANT+ connectivity
- built-in Wi-Fi connectivity
- built-in worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- built-in TopoActive maps of North America and Central America
- compatible with optional Garmin maps:
- CityNavigator (turn-by-turn directions)
- BlueChart g2 HD marine charts
- custom, raster, and vector maps
- includes access to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery for real-life aerial terrain views
- compatible with GPS and GLONASS tracking satellites
- stores up to 10,000 waypoints and 250 routes
inReach Satellite Communication Features (subscription required):
- send and receive texts
- worldwide GEOS-supported 24/7 emergency monitoring
- works with Garmin's Explore app on compatible smartphones (no cell signal necessary)
Other Features & Specs:
- compatible with Garmin Connect and Garmin Explore smartphone apps
- hunt/fish calendar and sun/moon information
- Active Weather display and/or Geocaching Live when paired with Garmin Connect smartphone app
- flashlight and picture viewer
- waterproof rating: IPX7
- dimensions: 6-7/16"W x 2-5/8"H x 1-7/16"D
- weight: 8.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 010-02088-01
More details on the Garmin GPSMAP 66i